Invisible, Inc. January 2015 Update Notice

• Developer

post-251510-0-20570500-1421791857_thumb.

Click here to download the full 1920 x 1080 image!

Hey everyone!

As we alluded to with our end of year post, we are nearing the final stage of development. Throughout Early Access, with your constant input, we’ve been steadily adding features and refining the balance of the game. Invisible, Inc. has progressed a ridiculous amount since we came onto Steam, with recognition from places such as the IGF, where we were recently nominated for Excellence in Design.

Now that the systems are in place, there is a ton of polish left to do; most of which is hard to add in piecemeal as they need to be balanced among each other, and it’s also simply more efficient for us to get this last stretch out in one piece.

Hence, it’s time for us to buckle down for a final, big update before launch. Today marks the final bi-weekly update, and when we emerge again in a few months, the full game will be ready to play. In order to keep the game in a solid state, most of the current update is focused on bug fixes and slight balance changes.

Leading up to our launch, here is a quick look at some of the things we’re working on:

• Building and balancing the entire campaign, including the Final Mission and full story

• Complete voice over for Central, Monst3r, Incognita, and more

• More generation options, including a full Sandbox mode

• A more balanced Endless Mode, that increases in difficulty over time

• Linux support

• Steam Cloud saves

• A new corporation to contend with

• 2 new agents to join the fray

Here are the changes in today’s update:

Build 123928
New Features
* Key binding
* Sankaku music track
* Daemon database, reveals type of the daemons on the floor.
* Fullscreen letterboxing (windows)

Balance Changes
* PWR does not carry over between mission. Always start at 10 PWR.

* Augments don't stack by default, though some are able to stack.
* Added tooltip for shocktraps that they ignore armor.
* Added confirmation when selecting a location to infiltrate.
* Added sound to Door Decoder.
* Added wake up sound when drones reboot.
* New icons for augments.
* Corps each have one type of laser barrier.
* Laser barrier system changed so that the generator is accessible without passing the beams.
* Null zone drops when null drone captured.
* Null drones have visual effect when null zone is up.
* Null drone null range reduced.
* Guard vision more accurate (and thus a little more dangerous). While moving, They will notice agents in their peripheral vision more often now.
* CFO Flee behaviour
* GFX settings format have been updated; you will revert to default settings.
* GFX options behaviour updated to be less confusing.  Removed the Apply and DX11 options.
* Color blind option is saved and will be restored like other GFX settings.
* Cameras and camera drones do not immediately trigger tracking behaviour unless the target moves.

Bug Fixes
* Fixed generator graphics bug

* Fixed Generator refreshing grid items after rebooting bug.
* Fixed guard pathing problem when bumping into agents at corners.
* Fixed some situations where guard speech would be overly repetitive.
* Fixed Dr Xu missing sound when using manual shutdown.
* Fixed animation bug with Shocktraps.
* Fixed reloading sound effect timing bug.
* Fixed Kickdrum music not returning properly on reload.
* Fixed guards re-positioning at the start of their first turn bug.
* Fixed guards noticing agents leave their vision even while hidden bug.
* Fixed hud display bug with overlapping Augment and inventory titles.
* Windows should appear properly if their last saved location would otherwise put them offscreen of the current monitor setup.
* Fix a crash bug with dragging a body next to a buster chip.
* Fixed the behaviour of using the ESC key in a bunch of modal dialogs.
* Fix Wireless scan item requirements not being respected.
* Fix validate daemon not spawning guards sometimes.
* Biogenic dart can be recharged.
* Fix guards not returning to their posts after investigating.
* Fixed missing menu cursor in OSX builds.
* Different power grids should no longer generate the same name.
* Shop contents now are determined on level creation, rather than at time of use.
* Corporate Hallway zones now appear properly.

Hot Fixes
Build 124001
* Vault lock box bug fixed.

Build 124132
* Fixed several cases where the screen would go black.

Build 123846
* Fixed the impassable laser barrier bug
* Tutorial starts with the correct PWR.
* Fixed the bug that the mission would not continue properly if the courier was KOed.
* Labyrinth tool tip and effect are the same now
* Parasite 2.0 has full tooltip
* Consoles display proper text when generating PWR
* Simple message box displays "Close" instead of "Cancel"
* Improved load times

Thank you once again for joining us in Early Access! Your feedback has been ridiculously valuable for us. And of course, we’ll still be on the forums and posting updates about our progress. If you have questions and comments, as always, please feel free to let us know!

The Sankaku music is so cool. I don't know if i haven't noticed it but i feel like the music in sankaku had more dynamics to it. I don't think the normal soundtrack changes as you go in and out of incognita mode. But great job, hadn't played the game in a while, the game has really come a long way.

I just might pass out on every future update from now on. Simply cause this update definitely packs a hefty list! Thanks for ironing out the all tiny details you could fit in to this update. I will definitely jump in some time today. Awesome work, Klei!

Yeah, I'm afraid the blackscreen issue is not completely fixed. I'm running this on a Windows PC with an ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6870 and while I can get the game to load and even play a mission, it blacks out on the following mission every time, forcing me to reload the game again.

Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks!

post-553291-0-67164200-1421808322_thumb.

"Guard vision more accurate (and thus a little more dangerous). While moving, They will notice agents in their peripheral vision more often now."

What does this mean exactly?  I mean, what are the conditions on whether or not their peripherals will spot you?

I think in the past versions, they would only spot you in peripherals if you were moving, so if you were on a wall or something, and they walked by, you wouldn't get spotted if just their peripherals touched you.

I'd like to know how it works now, so I can plan stuff better.

• Developer

I'd like to know how it works now, so I can plan stuff better.

Hey Brapp347. The guards were not fully using their peripheral vision when they moved. It was unintentional at first, but we left it that way as the game was pretty punishing. In the end we felt that it made the guards seem overly blind. In close quarters they could walk around your agents and not see them as long as they didn't look strait at them.

Now, they simply use their peripheral as displayed. So they will pick up that an agent is standing in a tile diagonally in front of them as they walk. You can still hide beside a wall or cover piece and have them walk past you. But you can't be standing away from the wall and have the same result, they will see you. 

Hey so the Key Binding is nice to have, but I can't bind any items to my Logitech G700 mouse keys. Other games like CoD and GTA and let me bind to Mouse 5 and Mouse 4.

post-240747-0-55281800-1421820435_thumb.

Can you include the ability to bind to those mouse buttons, please?

You know, with the new Sankaku music track you put in, does that mean that each Corp with have their own unique tune? Because damn, Sankaku's music track is super kickass. Props to your music people who make these tracks. I seriously can't wait to learn when we'll be able to buy the soundtrack as well.

And no more stacking most augments! Just as I completed toying around with 5 stacks of Torque Injectors in Internationale and Stimpak III with Bio Dart and Paralyzer. That stuff was silly. Glad you fixed that. Though now that run is pretty useless. But it's still fun while it lasted!

Yeah, the Sankaku music is so mysterious, so chill and so mystifying; I love it. All music related to Invisible, Inc. is amazing and I can't wait for the soundtrack!

The non-stackability of most augments is saddening to now experience, but is fair since stacked Net Downlinks and Torque Injectors makes the game ultra easy since you have infinite AP and infinite repeated use of all items.

Yes, I'm sorry daedalus2 :( We haven't yet fixed that problem. We are still working on it. It looks like the fix won't be ready until tomorrow.  

Us poor Mac peopIe... guess I'll just have to play Don't Starve till then. I'm looking forward to hear that Sankaku Soundtrack though, love the music.

Archived