Invisible, Inc. January 2015 Update Notice

Hi there!  Just downloaded the game (PC, windows 8) and changed my video option to fullscreen and resolution to 2560X1440.  Accepted the settings and now the main screen is too large for me to select any of the buttons to undo or exit the game.

uh, WHOOPS...

is there any startup options or anything to reset back to default settings?

Looking forward to checking this game out!

Thanks!

• Developer

Hey Jasonator, (my arch nemesis?)

If you delete the settings.lua file, the game will launch with the default video settings. It's at: 

Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\settings\settings.lua

Give that a try.

Hey Jasonator, (my arch nemesis?)

If you delete the settings.lua file, the game will launch with the default video settings. It's at: 

Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\settings\settings.lua

Give that a try.

hahaha - no no, I usually get along with other Jasons!

And deleting that file worked brilliantly!

Thanks so much!

Jason

Hey so the Key Binding is nice to have, but I can't bind any items to my Logitech G700 mouse keys. Other games like CoD and GTA and let me bind to Mouse 5 and Mouse 4.

attachicon.gif81E3jU19NYL._SL1500_.jpg

Can you include the ability to bind to those mouse buttons, please?

Yes, please! It's so convenient to use these buttons and I always map them to stuff I use often.

Beautiful, just beautiful. Loving everything here, from the little balances (10 starting pwr is a great touch!), to the new music track, right through to the little touches (aesthetic assets. And I even encountered a new incognita event!).

However, I did encounter a very small bug: Dr. Xu was able to disable a drone through a closed door. I'm wondering whether this will apply to buster chips as well. Have yet to replicate it. Just a heads up.

Once again, thank you so much for this. Something ridiculous like 366 hours and counting invested in this awesome game. 

Hey Brapp347. The guards were not fully using their peripheral vision when they moved. It was unintentional at first, but we left it that way as the game was pretty punishing. In the end we felt that it made the guards seem overly blind. In close quarters they could walk around your agents and not see them as long as they didn't look strait at them.

Now, they simply use their peripheral as displayed. So they will pick up that an agent is standing in a tile diagonally in front of them as they walk. You can still hide beside a wall or cover piece and have them walk past you. But you can't be standing away from the wall and have the same result, they will see you. 

So they've got their con of vision expanded a bit, am I correct? From 1 (front) to 3 (1 front and two additional at sides).

• Developer

Yes, In close, they can now see the two squares next to the one directly in front of them when they are moving.  It expands out from there to the end of their vision range as well, so it's not just those two extra. 

And no more stacking most augments! Just as I completed toying around with 5 stacks of Torque Injectors in Internationale and Stimpak III with Bio Dart and Paralyzer. That stuff was silly. Glad you fixed that. Though now that run is pretty useless. But it's still fun while it lasted!

Yeah, even just triple Torque Injectors was enough for Nika to wreck any facility with minimal backup and a decent batch of items (Buster III, 2x Stim III, Neural Disrupter III, Bio Dart, and some EMP IIIs). Non-stackable is clearly the correct balance here.

Another note, PWR not carrying over means Abacus 2.0 is pretty much completely worthless. Couldn't that be updated to carry over +10 power (if available) to the next mission?

Yeah, even just triple Torque Injectors was enough for Nika to wreck any facility with minimal backup and a decent batch of items (Buster III, 2x Stim III, Neural Disrupter III, Bio Dart, and some EMP IIIs). Non-stackable is clearly the correct balance here.

Another note, PWR not carrying over means Abacus 2.0 is pretty much completely worthless. Couldn't that be updated to carry over +10 power (if available) to the next mission?

Yes, with the power resetting to 10 each time, Abacus becomes redundant. I agree with maybe each version bringing 5 and 10 power over, Abacus 1.0 and 2.0 respectively.

PWR carry-over was probably my biggest source of dissatisfaction with the game, so I'm very happy you got rid of it! Looking forward to the full release.

Agreed. It felt stupid to camp in the elevator just to max out PWR. It also made some programs (like Fusion) much better than others (Emergency PWR Drip). Now it's much more balanced and tight escapes feel much more amazing when there is not impression of "wasted PWR" (when you didn't wait for PWR to fully stock).

Archived