The "What will Through the Ages add?" speculation thread

Long ago,in a bygone age lost yet not forgotten, one person lived by a single phrase.  The seemingly simple combination of words summed up all their hopes, dreams, and ideals, into a single rallying shout for the truth.  That phrase was, quite simply...

LAVA CAVES FTFFTYASFKUADFSKUDFASDKASHDGASD

Last night I was thinking about this a little bit more in depth. Or out of full on silliness. Anyhow if it's still true that DS:T timeline takes place way after DS, then I started to ponder how the world evolve with no one sitting on the nightmare throne. Basically every sentient thing in the world of DS starts to become more advanced.

Pigmen start to advance their own culture to a point where they are building their own houses, weapons, armor, clothes, and so on. They start demolishing the environment around them and get verily picky about helping you (giving meat just won't cut it anymore). They will remember if you killed other pigmen and will hire bounty hunters to come kill you. Also the pig king starts to become more essential to please in order to keep his citizens from become more hostile towards you.

The spiders start to grow and evolve from their original form to a more distinguished and adaptive species. Basically gaining new abilities to deal with their enemies and the hostile environment around them. Certain spider will now carry genetically certain poisons, diseases, adaptive camouflage and other built in resistance/offensive abilities. Creating more devious traps for their victims to fall victim to.

As for the merms they will start to take up dark magics helped by their heathen gods (those shadow beings). They start gaining new magical powers in order to spark war against all those who oppose their beliefs (which is basically everyone else). The merms go from simple magics like fire, ice, air, earth, and water. To more devastating like summoning demons or opening dark rifts that start to tear the world apart.

This type of system would start kicking in when you start reaching a certain amount of days, or reach certain higher research tiers. Making the world more inhospitable as time goes on. Nevertheless it would probably take a great deal amount of work to implement, so I doubt this would become a thing. It was fun to think about though.

Last night I was thinking about this a little bit more in depth. Or out of full on silliness. Anyhow if it's still true that DS:T timeline takes place way after DS, then I started to ponder how the world evolve with no one sitting on the nightmare throne. Basically every sentient thing in the world of DS starts to become more advanced.

Pigmen start to advance their own culture to a point where they are building their own houses, weapons, armor, clothes, and so on. They start demolishing the environment around them and get verily picky about helping you (giving meat just won't cut it anymore). They will remember if you killed other pigmen and will hire bounty hunters to come kill you. Also the pig king starts to become more essential to please in order to keep his citizens from become more hostile towards you.

The spiders start to grow and evolve from their original form to a more distinguished and adaptive species. Basically gaining new abilities to deal with their enemies and the hostile environment around them. Certain spider will now carry genetically certain poisons, diseases, adaptive camouflage and other built in resistance/offensive abilities. Creating more devious traps for their victims to fall victim to.

As for the merms they will start to take up dark magics helped by their heathen gods (those shadow beings). They start gaining new magical powers in order to spark war against all those who oppose their beliefs (which is basically everyone else). The merms go from simple magics like fire, ice, air, earth, and water. To more devastating like summoning demons or opening dark rifts that start to tear the world apart.

This type of system would start kicking in when you start reaching a certain amount of days, or reach certain higher research tiers. Making the world more inhospitable as time goes on. Nevertheless it would probably take a great deal amount of work to implement, so I doubt this would become a thing. It was fun to think about though.

I think you've had a bit too much Don't Starve....

Although this would be awesome although a tad bit difficult for noobs like me so would also need OP weapons like ancient laser beams that don't have durability but need spider's souls to work or even some more glimpses into controlling darkness and summoning your own demons etc.

@Sindex

I created this thread for speculation.

Sorry, my last last post was meant to be sarcastic jab to the person I quoted.  I know the thread is open for speculation. Unfortunately the cold hard text is never a great way to convey that. Anyways I do apologies for the misunderstanding.

Last night I was thinking about this a little bit more in depth.

Oh my God, Call of Cthulhu and Skyrim...

I like the part about the Pigs and Merms... could this give way to the actualization/realization/materialization of the Merm-Pigmen Wars?

You can choose which faction you could belong to...

this could put more reasons for PVP!

but then the Merms should need a King of their own... (Cthulhu)

having both pighouses and merm shacks available for to the corresponding faction...

About that part about the Merms worshiping the Shadow Creatures... in Adventure Mode, they sometimes spawn a Merm village with a Maxwell Statue in the middle... a grain of truth perhaps?

This is just me wishing for an epic melee in DST where PvP actually seems excitingly legit...

:wilsoncj:

Who knows @Pyromailmann, they said :nomultipl: but here it is...

O_O

And they appear as "random encounters" (Pigs vs Merms) so they're basically here now... Klei's basically hinting that there's going to be an all-out war... (at least I think so).

Give in...

Give in...

O_O

Don't fight it... instead, fight each other... will you side with the pigs? Or will you side with the merms?

I'll side with the Rock Lobsters...

:3

Buwahahahahaha!!

Join us...

Join us...

I'll actually be conducting tumbleweeds in song instead of fighting with creatures. Naturally, we'll preform in ghost towns ravaged by the war. Our audience might dead, but there is nothing like a captive audience! If you lose the village war, I'll be there to conduct a lullaby.

So don't lose.  :lol:

Thats Amazing!!!!!!!!! It would be sooooooo cool let me get this straight however. You're saying that as we get stronger so does the enemies! Great idea! If I had to add to this idea I would make mabey Tall birds would build more advanced nests? or some plants would adapt to be posionous and you would need a certain iteam but eventually the posion wears off? Time passing in DS and DST is werid as it seems months go by after one day so after like 50 days it could be assumed years of adpation and evoloution would occur!

Through the "AGES"... Ruins/Ancients origin! ------------------------------------------------------- Mosquito sack as a part of a recipe for a blood item... ... Rubbing poop on your face for camouflage! and... a Cheese Hat!

sometimes I worry about your sanity...

The spiders start to grow and evolve from their original form to a more distinguished and adaptive species.
more spiders? Why not?

Archived