People need to learn proper etiquette.

It's frustrating when you're playing, people come just take item from chest for themselves, and then leave 5 minutes later just because they don't like the server. Honestly, if you're going to quit, return back the materials. These are my main peeves from DST

1. People take items and leave 5 minutes later never to return

2. Willows lighter enters the server, then noobs use it to fight mobs burning down stick/bush/tree farm

3. People build hammers and start running around destroying structures.

There has to be a way for server owners to be able to blacklist people after they leave the server.

As a host you can remove items, as well as spawn them in (If you want to of course).

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Commands

Delete Item Under Mouse:

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()​

More information/discussion on using commands as well here, if needed: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/45192-console-commands/

As for banning after they leave, there should be a way to. I thought I read somewhere about it. I don't have that information on hand though.

People can be jerks, I hear ya. As much as we'd love it, there will always be people who come in, capitalize on or destroy all our efforts, then leave forever and we're stranded with our losses.

If you are the host, keep your log.txt open when you're playing. You can click TAB and kick/ban a player while they're in the world, or your can refresh your log.txt to obtain their Steam ID or Klei ID. Do a search for the phrase "request to spawn" with log.txt, find their Steam name as it appeared in your world, and then you can immediately find either of those IDs. You can manually add either ID to your blocklist.txt. Each ID needs to be entered on a separate line, and the file is located at: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save

It doesn't fix your world currently, but it prevents them from ever entering your worlds in the future at least. If you want to fix the current world, you can quit and rollback the world via the Manage Server option. If you are the client in a world that has been griefed, advise this information to the host so they can act accordingly.

People are only people, there is no definitive way to weed out all the noobs and jerks who will join your server and terrorize your world. You can, however, go here and attempt to find some people who will respect any server rules you might have and enjoy a good game session with ya. Happy hunting!

Sounds like you're just dealing with the typical griefers.  These people aren't being frustrating out of ignorance, their being frustrating to be frustrating.  They're taking something you need or want and depriving you of it.  As for the constant burning.....yeah thats getting annoying.  I've never in all my hours of playing this game managed to burn down as much forest as has been burned in EVERY F$#KING SERVER.  

It's not even hard to grief. The person picks willow, walks to your twig/bush and meep, there goes your food. Also, for another 3 minutes, they can craft a hammer and take most stuff down. The only effective way I know right now is to have the world set at lots of resources so even if they destroy your base, you won't go hungry.

It's not even hard to grief. The person picks willow, walks to your twig/bush and meep, there goes your food. Also, for another 3 minutes, they can craft a hammer and take most stuff down.

It's even worse if you use the Woodie mod, as Werebeaver doesn't need a hammer. Depending on how Klei officially handles him, he could even be worse than Willow was pre-nerf.

Yeah, I'm aware that's my own fault for choosing the mod, but whatever happened to playing nice with other kids? Then people wonder why there's no more open servers.

Not Necroing is also part of the forums etiquete.

I never really got that... what if a topic, let's say about a bug from long ago but was forgotten was still relevant today and someone wanted to revive that topic for others to see? 

I never really got that... what if a topic, let's say about a bug from long ago but was forgotten was still relevant today and someone wanted to revive that topic for others to see? 
Never question etiquete. When you question everything falls apart.

JK. If the topic is still relevant/some new information brought that topic back into relevance, and the post that brings it back to the world of the living and somehow makes clear how the topic is still relevant and adds to the discussion(which a "meep" quote does not), then I don't think it qualifies as a necro. More like just waking a guy from a coma.

As many people are saying (including Flare), there will be griefers and noobs. Human nature seems to be like that. With griefers, people like to pull pranks or just cause havoc on some server. That's basically trolling. And there are people who don't own DS, or haven't played lots of DS, so expect noobs. 

Archived