Console Commands?

I've been on the beta for about two weeks but haven't figured out how to use the console commands to spawn items monsters, etc. Could anybody help me out with this? I tried looking to see if they were anywhere on the internet but couldn't find anything that worked.

When I tried this I got "[strin c_ive(twis,1):1: variable "twis" is not declared", if I type another line, this line moves up and suddenly shows up as " [string c_give(twigs,1):1: variable "twigs" is not declared". For some reason it removes all the G's, then adds them when it moves up a line in the console, but doesn't give me the 1 twig (just using twig for testing)

When I tried this I got "[strin c_ive(twis,1):1: variable "twis" is not declared", if I type another line, this line moves up and suddenly shows up as " [string c_give(twigs,1):1: variable "twigs" is not declared". For some reason it removes all the G's, then adds them when it moves up a line in the console, but doesn't give me the 1 twig (just using twig for testing)

Try just c_give("", x) or c_spawn("",x) then. It works for me.

Plus this would be a better question for Rezecib.

I type it exactly like this

c_spawn("x", #)

So specifically would be

c_spawn("twigs", 6)

If I want only one item I just type

c_spawn'twigs'

Pyro gave the link to the commands. This one is for the prefabs : http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Prefab_List

Just need to make sure you type the right prefabs (names) for what you want to spawn. In DS, the items went to my inventory (although I did not use this much?Edit: Probably because I was using the "give" command instead of spawn.). In DST they go where ever my cursor is. So, be aware of that too.

For DST, give doesn't seem to be working for me? I thought it did once? I don't know.

My information comes from observing Seth. lol

:wilson_ninja:

Yup. "Give" does work in DST. I re-tested it properly. Would help if you are not currently a ghost, because they have no inventory :) lol! Doh!

Just make sure you are typing it all correctly and don't forget the  "  's  or anything. I noticed some errors in your post. Just fix that and you should be good to go! :)

Archived