Don't Stave Together Frontier Pack: Now Available on Steam!

dstfrontier.gif

Get it now for $19.99 or $4.99 if you already own Don't Starve on Steam!

Note: If you currently own Don't Starve on Steam, you will get Don't Starve Together for free on June 3rd, 2015. If you would like to get Early-Access now, head on over to the official store page here: Don't Starve Together on Steam

For more information and FAQ check out our roadmap here: Don't Starve Together Roadmap

I own Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants DLC.

Recently I have come back to the game to play with some friends, and I had a blast through the closed beta.

When I heard I could buy a frontier pack for only $4.99, I was like 'sign me up!' Except it is not letting me.

Now, I've read somewhere on the forums that even if I already own a copy of Don't Starve, I need to buy the frontier pack in order to play before the full release. But then the Steam Store says I already own DST Beta, so I cannot buy it.

How should I go about this?

I own Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants DLC.

Recently I have come back to the game to play with some friends, and I had a blast through the closed beta.

When I heard I could buy a frontier pack for only $4.99, I was like 'sign me up!' Except it is not letting me.

Now, I've read somewhere on the forums that even if I already own a copy of Don't Starve, I need to buy the frontier pack in order to play before the full release. But then the Steam Store says I already own DST Beta, so I cannot buy it.

How should I go about this?

If you already have access to the game, you don't need to buy.

Really, this is just punishment for people who couldn't get a beta key (missed the enrollment period or otherwise). Those who have access will continue to have access, -if not- 1) you can buy now to get access now, 2) or you can wait for the free release if you already own the Don't Starve Base game (you do not need to own Reign of Giants DLC). 

Then there are some of us who actually own the game and are being charged $20 on steam anyways...

If you already have access to the game, you don't need to buy.

Really, this is just punishment for people who couldn't get a beta key (missed the enrollment period or otherwise). Those who have access will continue to have access, -if not- 1) you can buy now to get access now, 2) or you can wait for the free release if you already own the Don't Starve Base game (you do not need to own Reign of Giants DLC). 

Then there are some of us who actually own the game and are being charged $20 on steam anyways...

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I was just confused that I needed to buy it after the frontier pack was released.

On the side note, I'm thinking you should contact steam support for the $20 charge. Why would they do that? Did you buy Don't Starve off of a different source? Even so, I think you should be able to 'register' your game onto steam and they should let you pay $5 for the Frontier Pack.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I was just confused that I needed to buy it after the frontier pack was released.

On the side note, I'm thinking you should contact steam support for the $20 charge. Why would they do that? Did you buy Don't Starve off of a different source? Even so, I think you should be able to 'register' your game onto steam and they should let you pay $5 for the Frontier Pack.

I bought the game through Klei/Humble Bundle, but I bought the DLC and Soundtrack through Steam.

JoeW There seems to be a bit of confusion over the purchases going on through Steam.

As it states currently on the store page if you purchase the $5 pack with which you already own Don't Starve you should be receiving Don't Starve along with two copies of DST.

Now the issue seems to be that people are not receiving the extra copy of Don't Starve to give to another friend at all. Along with this I have tried to falsely purchase the pack and I only see one key on the listing, assuming it's because I own Don't Starve Together and the store is most likely glitching.

Is there an issue currently going on with Steam or did something change in the process?

Some people are getting extremely upset and thinking this is becoming a scam of sorts.

edit: As I was writing this I noticed that the false purchase is not allowed now. I'm assuming some changes are taking place.

Now the issue seems to be that people are not receiving the extra copy of Don't Starve to give to another friend at all. Along with this I have tried to falsely purchase the pack and I only see one key on the listing, assuming it's because I own Don't Starve Together and the store is most likely glitching.

Is there an issue currently going on with Steam or did something change in the process?

There is an issue with the steam store yes, some people are not seeing the discount (me being one of them) but the "Extra copy of DS" as you put it, you only receive if you DO NOT OWN Don't starve when buying the frontier pack for the "full price" (as ds is included in that) However, if you DO OWN Don't starve already you get the pack cheaper $5 bucks you still get your two DST keys, but you will not get a spare copy of Don't starve to give away.

Just to clarify, the expensive pack comes with ONE COPY of DON'T STARVE, and that is for YOU, since you don't own DS if you are buying the expensive version!! NO PACK COMES WITH A SPARE COPY!

DST Is Standalone and does not require someone to have DS to play DST :-)

Archived