Game Changer

MenaAthena

Meanwhile, Wulfic slept curled up atop an abandoned tallbirds nest. Nearby, a berry bush rustled, which caused Wulfric to stir. Instinctively assuming it was a Gobbler, he got to his legs, and growled as he charged & leapt at it.

"Goodnight."

Wilson nodded and went back to his tent, turning and casting a worried glance at Athena and Crow before heading inside. After a few minutes of silence, Athena tensed up again. The talk of other people had helped to keep her mind of of the darkness, but in the silence the creatures of the night are harder to ignore.

(Time skip to morning, or does anyone have other plans?)

Edited by MenaAthena

After a few hours, the sun rose and the darkness retreated, and with the sunlight came a sudden wave of relief and exhaustion for Athena. She slouched and supported her head with her hands.

At the edge of the camp, if anyone was paying attention, they could see Addomiddius pacing and glaring daggers at Athena. He seemed quite frustrated about something.

Athena rubs her temples before slowly standing up.

"There's food in the ice box. You can cook something up in one of the crock pots if you'd like."

Her stomach growls like an angry bear.

"I think I should get something to eat too..."

Addomiddius' frustration and rage could be contained no longer and he kicked the nearest object in an attempt to release it. That nearest object just so happened to be a rock, and even though it went an impressive distance for the little guy, it was clear that using his foot for that was not the best idea. He promptly sat down while gripping his injured foot, clenching his teeth in a snarl. 

Crow walks over to the icebox, ignoring the things going on around him and takes out some food. <It's not fish> He stares at it with confusion and throws it onto the fire. <The rabbit and hound are annoying> "Stop stating the obvious," <I hope you choke on that food>

Wakana realized he hadnt eaten in half a day, and even when he had it was the too small a snack of Nightmare Petals. He'd have picked a decent piece of monster food from Wulfrics saddlebag, but it was completely empty of any food when they found him.

Wakana then checked for his tomahawks which were somewhere around here, but he spotted something of interest.

The rotten remnants of Wulfrics meal before he was assaulted by Treebeard.

He picked up the biggest piece out of the bunch, and stuffed it into his mouth, though it obviously was a tad too large,

as his cheeks widened to make space.

Edited by wxps350

{Sorry I visited the underworld. I'm back now}

Cypress opened her tired eyes and stretched, she then proceeded to get some food from the ice box.

Wekesa up-rooted and glanced around. All seemed normal. The group seemed to grow in size, perhaps she should pester the new addition to the group for food.

As Athena stuffed her face and Wilson did sciency stuff, very faint growls could be heard in the distance. After a couple minutes a chorus of growls, barks and excited yips grew in volume, causing both Athena and Wilson to stop in their tracks.

"Hounds?"

"Yes, and by the sound of it a lot of them."

(Ah yes, the classic "I don't know how to continue from here so I'll throw a crap ton of hounds at everyone." or I.D.K.H.T.C.F.H.S.I.T.A.C.T.O.H.A.E. #acronyms4thewin)

• Like 1

"Not quite. They have a pack mentality similar to wolves, but these hounds are much stockier, have an unnaturally large jaw, and are nearly as big as we are. They attack periodically about every couple days now. I have been unable to find their territory thus far, but they must come from somewhere."

Athena looked visibly on edge, which is understandable as she almost died to hounds immediately after arriving here.

The sounds of the hound's blood thirst increased even further, in both volume and number of voices, all howling and growling over each other. Wilson's face showed hints of worry.

"Everyone who does not have a weapon or a way of defending themselves needs to acquire one immediately."