Game Changer

MenaAthena

Athena raised an eyebrow after Crow jumped in the wormhole. I guess that remark showed how little he knew about her at this point. Then again, she did seem pretty tame compared to the people he's met thus far. Holding her breath, she went in after the others.

During the time it took to get Wulfric back, Wilson had made some sheets of paper out of the papyrus they had gathered earlier and had started writing on them on his makeshift desk. Addomiddius had kept watching the camp from a distance for awhile, but he soon got bored and ended up dozing off. 

When Athena opened her eyes on the other side of the wormhole, something seemed... different. It looked like the world had dulled in color, with things taking more of a black and white tone. Sounds had also changed; they seemed a bit more... echoy wasn't the right word for it, but she really couldn't think of any other way to describe it. She hoped this wouldn't a be problem.

Wulfric shot out the Wormhole's end at the camp like a cannnon, and Wakana followed soon after.

Wakana:"Waaaaagh!"

Wakana landed down, and got back up and turned to Newleaf.

Wakana:"Okay you big sapling! It's time for you to go!"

Wy looks at Athena.

A part of him wanted to go help her and edsask if she was ok, but he knows what would happen.

So instead he turns to Cypres.

"we met that guy on the other side of the tunnel. He seems cool."

Edited by Halved

(Oh my gosh. Blew, my bro just saw your new avatar and was surprised you are a skeleton. Your previous avatar gave him the impression that you were a snowman in a box.

Must... stop... laughing... *gasps for air*)

Athena stood up, wiping some of the slime from her shirt. She had hoped that she could talk to Wilson about this first, since it was his camp and all, but Wakana ruined that plan.

"Well, you see... you attacked Wulfric and that's... bad, so... uh..."

Dang it. She had an idea of what she wanted to say just a second ago, but the headache she was starting to develop made it hard to keep her thoughts together. Luckly, Wilson caught on. Apparently he had been thinking this over as well.

"I believe what my companion is trying to say," he started as her rose from his desk to confront the treeguard. "Is that you attacked a member of our group. While it may be a simple hound and it ended up relatively unharmed through a deus ex machina, the point still stands that you assaulted us. We were willing to have you observe us because you weren't hostile. Now unless you can put your grudge aside, we will be forced to remove you from my encampment." 

Athena points to Wilson.

"What he said."

Edited by MenaAthena

(Honestly, that was just supposed to be the guy from the default avatar. But then in pixel art it looked like a skeleton so that's what people thought I was so now I guess I don't have skin.)

"It lived?" Newleaf frowned, refraining from saying that it was a shame. "Well, for the sake of removing this unknown threat, I shall... Put aside my grudge..." He seemed rather pained to say this. "If you will still have me after what I've done, of course." His words were nothing more than a formality, and it was clear that he didn't regret what he had done at all.

Wilson nodded.

"Very well."

He turned to Wakana.

"I know you're angry at the treeguard for attempting to harm your pet, but he's willing to compromise to stay here, and it was obviously a difficult choice for him. Now I expect you to do the same and put your anger asside if you wish to stay here as well.

Crow popped out, glanced at the plants talking to each other, and shrugged. "Alrighty then." He scanned the ground for his cigarette with an angered look on his face. "Where is the damn thing!" Suddenly, an actual Crow swooped down and started pecking at the ground. (It's here you dimwit. And you didn't finish it) The bird snatched it and flew onto the mans shoulder. Crow thanked the bird and put the cigarette back in his mouth.

"So why are we all here?"

The tip of Wakana's hair turned slightly black, but then returned to normal as Wakana calmed down.

Wakana:"Alright... Talking Tree can stay... but if you hurt Wulfric again, then... then... then I'll become a lumberjack!"

Cypress looked at Crow and examined him. She didn't exactly approve of the fact he was smoking, not cool... But he seemed normal enough... He had a crow perched upon his shoulder. She had a raven in her collection, it wasn't a crow but they were similar. She could tell there was something odd about him though, she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She brushed it aside for the time being.

Wekesa watched her friends come out if the tooth-hole. There was someone new with them, he had a small fire in his mouth. She didn't like that. Fire bad. {*Frakenstien moan*} She'd keep away until the fire had died...

• Like 2

Unbeknownst to the rest of the party, the Crow whispered malevolent things into the stranger's ear. (I hope you get cancer from that cigarette... Punch that damn dandelion in the face... They don't need you slowing them down you stupid piss... Run away like you always have, coward. LEAVE!) Crow just stood there, unintentionally staring at Newleaf with a murderous look on his face and a burning cigarette in his hand. The tobacco flaring orange as he puts it in his mouth, then exhaling the noxious fumes into the air around him.

Crow's face was getting red and feathers were starting to grow. (Getting angry, are we? Am I bothering you Jonathan?The stranger dexterously snatched the bird from his shoulder and stuffed his cigarette into its tiny throat. "STOP TALKING TO ME!" He threw the gagging bird onto the ground and stomped on it. He lifted his foot from the ground and a wisp of black smoke emanated from where the Crow should have been. (I'm truly sorry Jonathan I didn't mean to get you flustered.)

"Yes, I'm quite alright Tree. It's Crow by the way." he ripped off a couple feathers off his face and shoved them in his coat pocket. "My mind is a bit unbalanced, but I'm fine..."

He looked at the ground beneath him and saw the cigarette still burning. He picked it up and continued smoking. "Sorry." 

(Wy does not know a lot about how things work. He's 12 and his memory is half erased. He's more worried about the fact that the bird died than what happened after he died.)

(Wait but can the others see the bird or it's just Crow who can see it?)

Edited by Halved

(The others saw the bird, but they didn't hear anything it was saying. But then they might have seen the darkness that followed the stomp. Or maybe they see a squished bird... Let's say it depends on sanity...)

Edited by CloakofCrow

Wilson to the horizon to find the position of the sun. It was going to be night soon, so he started up the fire again and got to throwing some food in the crock pots.

[Dang this headache! It doesn't hurt that much, but dang it's annoying! And on top of that night is coming, so now I'm going to be scared witless with a headache and this weird thing that's going on with my vision. Great. Just flippidy-freakin'-tastic! Alright Athena, just try to calm down. Distract yourself.]

She put her hands in her pockets and looked around from one thing to another.

[The trees look good, the chests look good, the sentient plants look good, the fire looks good, the silhouette of a giant shadow snake-y thing looks good, the crock pots look-

WAIT WHAT!?]

She looked back to where it was, but nothing was there. There wasn't even the slightest trace of it ever being there, nor did anyone else seem to notice it.

[Ok, don't freak out. Calm down. You're just tired. Just act like you never saw it, and no one will think you're a loony.]

Despite her best effort to act like nothing happened, anyone with eyes could see she was unnerved.