Game Changer

MenaAthena

The shrill screech from Wakana deafened Crow for a moment before something blocked the noise from entering his head. He seemed annoyed at the unpredictability of this place and obviously wanted some silence. <Pursue the scientist.>

Crow, now being out of the sight of the group, began circling around to meet up with Wilson. Staying in the shadows of the trees, he crept close enough to see and hear the scientist without being seen, or heard, himself. <You know what to do.>

Wilson had picked about a dozen handfuls of flowers and was in the process of weaving the stems together, his eyes flickering to the side as more, darker shadows started appearing. As soon as Wakana's shrill shriek hit his ears, however, he crumbled to the ground, dropping the petals and covering his ears in vain. Athena had a similar reaction, the cry deafening her to the point where she couldn't even hear the screech. There was just pain and a faint ringing.

Wakana saw the harm he was making, and instantly stopped. He waddled over to Athena, and gently patted her back. Wulfric, on the other hand, fled into the woods for reprieval from the violent sounds.

Crow, having not heard anything until the screeching stopped, realized how insane the scientist was. "What's going on with him?" He asked himself. <He's going insane, his soul is becoming exposed. You better hurry before something else snatches it.>

(Mena, I'll message you asking what I can and can't do...) 

Athena and Wilson had similar reactions to the ceasing of Wakana's screech; they relaxed, no longer having to cover their ears, but remained dazed and disoriented. Wakana could notice that Athena was starting to sweat as she was developing a fever. 

Crow could also feel a rise in temperature, especially around the area of the bite. Although, Wilson was extremely vulnerable right now and probably wouldn't be able to defend against any attack the Schizophrenic was planing. Before he could make a move, however, Crow suddenly found himself unable to see.

"Apologies Jonathan, but I'd rather you didn't take my meal." If Crow were present a couple nights ago when the camp members were harassed or when the shadow beetle made a deal before his untimely death, he would have recognized the chilling voice that spoke to him now. Before he had time to make any substantial reaction, he could feel a prick on the side of his neck, and then consciousness slipped from him...

(Don't worry, I have something interesting in mind for when our schizophrenic friend here awakes C:< )

( ONE SLOT, YOU SAY?...............

PREPARE YOURSELF.

but in all seriousness....

Mind if I join? I'm feeling good about roleplaying Wendy.)

(Sure thing! Go ahead and get Wendy into the story; I'll add you to the roster in the first post later.)

( HAHAHAHA EXCELLENT. It's been a while since I got to RP Wendy!)

Irritated thoroughly by Wakana's screech, a spectral figure rose out of the ground behind Wilson. It was surrounded in obscuring trails of spectral energy, but one could make out what appeared to be feminine features, a red flower jutting out of the top of it's head. It let out a soft, distant, muffled moan.

Wilson was starting to regain his hearing, but was still quite disoriented. He sat himself up, looking around in confusion before resting an alarmed, wide-eyed gaze on the specter. After a moment of just staring and blinking, he pointed his finger at her as if making an OBJECTION!â„¢ and shouted, "YOU OFFEND ME AS A SCIENTIST!"

( psst..... http://objection.mrdictionary.net/index.php )

The spectral figure merely looked at Wilson for a moment with endearing puzzlement before circling around him a few times, to try and gauge how much of a threat he was. When it was satisfied that Wilson was not any tangible threat, it just casually hovered next to him, piercing white eyes looking at him.

It wasn't going away. It was just hovering there, staring at him. The shadows were staring at him too, and whispering. They looked real, but they weren't real. They couldn't be real. Science says they can't. He glared angrily at the apparition.

"Go away! You're not real! None of you are!"

(To lazy to do color on my mobile device. Bleh.)

(Don't worry Crow, you'll get to wake up soon. I still have plans for you...)

Wilson faltered for a second. The specter looked... hurt by his remark. He shook his head. It was just an illusion; a trick of some sort. It can't feel. It was that man, the one that broght him here. He's done things like this before, trying to drive him insane. He wasn't insane. He as smarter than him. He was a scientist! He turned his head to the sky.

"It's not going to work! You're not going to drive me crazy, you hear!? I AM A SCIENTIST!" he shouted at the sky in defiance.

The shadows around him seemed to chuckle, amused with his delusions.

"SHUT UP!" he shouted at them, but they just kept on, a few of them moving closer.

(Dang, insane Wilson is fun to write for.)

"Abigail, where are you?......Abby!"

Out of the forest, a young girl approached Wilson. She appeared to only just barely be in her teens. She was wearing a somewhat raggedy-looking school-girl uniform, with blonde hair. However, her expression looked absolutely dead inside, a stark, cold contrast to what is to be expected. There was a purple gemstone amulet around her beck. The spectral figure turned to the girl, apparently answering to the name 'Abigail'.

"You shouldn't stray so far, Abby. I would hate to have to go looking for you again."

The spectral figure looked over at the girl, still with an expression of sad embarassment on her face. The girl looked over at Wilson, and saw the shadows closing in on him. Without saying a word to Wilson, the girl drew a rapier sword that was brimming with shadow energy, looking to see which of them would be more appealing to the shadow monsters.

Edited by Silentdarkness1

Wakana simply sat on the ground, and began eating petals from evil flowers. Such a shrill cry took alot of energy out of him. Wulfric ran in confusion through the forest, the cry still ringing in his ears. Eventually, he saw the man with the strange hair from earlier, as well as a blonde girl, and a ghost with a flower. He lowered his body to the ground to remain unnoticed.

A... a girl? She was talking to the specter like she knew it, and acknowledged his hallucinations. H-how could she? They weren't real. They weren't real.

The shadow creatures seemed more interested in the scientist than Wendy, as two were diverging on him and only one on her. A terrorbeak came up right in front of Wilson and opened it's jaws wide and startling him out of his bewilderment. He instinctively scurried backwards, only narrowly avoiding it's jaws.