[Gameplay] - Map Erased On Re-Entry To A Server

Rosten

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Map Erased On Re-Entry To A Server

Issue Description: After disconnecting from a public, no pvp server and reconnecting, my map was erased. Forcing me to re-scout out the area

Steps to Reproduce: Join a Server

Wander around a bit

Disconnect from server

Reconnect

Bring up the in-game map

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Map Erased On Re-Entry To A Server

Issue Description: After disconnecting from a public, no pvp server and reconnecting, my map was erased. Forcing me to re-scout out the area

Steps to Reproduce: Join a Server

Wander around a bit

Disconnect from server

Reconnect

Bring up the in-game map

Were you the only remaining member in the world?

• Developer

Yeah, I noticed this for the first time when I was prepping for Thursday's stream. It's a pretty high priority bug for us right now since the exploration you do is a big part of your progress in a given game.

Oh, my apologies, I didn't get to watch the streams, and I honestly don't have enough time (that could be spent playing/crashing DST :p) to watch them all in their entirety. Have you guys thought about having a page that has all the known bugs listed on it so we don't have posts clogging the forums with bugs you already know about?

• Developer

Oh, my apologies, I didn't get to watch the streams, and I honestly don't have enough time (that could be spent playing/crashing DST :razz:) to watch them all in their entirety. Have you guys thought about having a page that has all the known bugs listed on it so we don't have posts clogging the forums with bugs you already know about?

Nothing to apologize for! Getting duplicate reports is actually useful to some extent because it gives us a sense of how impactful the bug is. We've talked about better ways to surface what is know and what is not. I think, however, that over time, this forum will just become that: we've found a bunch of stuff ourselves, and eventually most of that will get reported here. After that, the forum will be a pretty accurate representation of what we're aware of and what we're not.

I just had something similar as Warpspeed10... the map erased when I quit-and-rejoined, of course, so I used the console to reveal it. The terrain was revealed fully, but the actual entities were not. They only showed on the map as I re-explored the areas. I haven't died even once, so it's not ghost-related for me. My partner (the host) was able to reveal the map as-normal, so the issue is on my side (seems like most are on the client-side currently).

• Developer

This is a problem with our saving: we're not properly serializing the map data when you quit (meaning that when you rejoin, it'll be gone). It's one of the high priority bugs on Mark's plate, so it should get fixed before too long. Trust me, I know how frustrating this can be!

i take screenshots of the map lol...often.. so that new players can find the base and i have what i discovered..... although i must say getting the whole map revealed is worse.. it takes away the FUN and excitement of exploring

Archived