Wolfgang need desperely a buff

yeah i just think because in norlmal form cunsumes so much and his sanaty drain is realy a pain i think his normal form should have 1,25 damage and when his is mighty the damage 2.0 only last a hunger point which is ridiculos

Its going to bé fix tomorow at 2:00 Pm until them please ignora the mistakes my iPhone made thank you ( i would deleter after seing that many mistekes but yeah idk how sry)

Its going to bé fix tomorow at 2:00 Pm until them please ignora the mistakes my iPhone made thank you ( i would deleter after seing that many mistekes but yeah idk how sry)

Boa sorte, você vai precisar!

(Good luck, you will need it!)

The mighty form of Wolfgang lasts for around 120 seconds, if you manage to achieve 300 hunger points, then you must be at 300 hunger points at the end of this time so that you are able to re-establish Mighty form for another 120 seconds.

The mighty form of Wolfgang lasts for around 120 seconds, if you manage to achieve 300 hunger points, then you must be at 300 hunger points at the end of this time so that you are able to re-establish Mighty form for another 120 seconds.

yes but the mighty form will only have a 1.25 the 2.0x damage is only in exact 300 hunger which is patetic

yeah i just think because in norlmal form cunsumes so much and his sanaty drain is realy a pain i think his normal form should have 1,25 damage and when his is mighty the damage 2.0 only last a hunger point which is ridiculos

Management, management, management. Wolfgang is a character for those already experienced at managing food and sanity. Stronger in surplus, weaker with famine. If you can handle providing for yourself, he becomes hands down the strongest combat character in the entire game.

His Hunger behaves like a traffic light in exchange for strength in battle:

GREEN means you're at full hunger! Anywhere from 300 to 220 Hunger you do 1.25x to 2x damage!
YELLOW means you're average. Anywhere from 220 to 100 Hunger you do 1.25x damage.
RED means you're weak! Anywhere from 100 to 2 Hunger you do 0.75x damage.
BLACK means you're STARVING! Anywhere from 1 or less Hunger you do 0.5x damage.

What this means is that - essentially Wolfgang has 3 Hunger bars instead of 1.

His base is 1-100, while he's a wimp.
Another Hunger bar on-top of that is 101-220 meaning he has another extra 120 points of hunger.
His final hunger bar is 221-300 giving him an extra 80 points of hunger.

You always want to be in the middle, on average - if you can help it; only go below 100 hunger if food is desperately scarce and you must ration it before you can find more. I have never had a time where I "needed" to be below 100 hunger as Wolfgang and so I never suffered too badly in battle.

Even if the 2x damage only lasts a single hunger point - using the Belt of Hunger + making/harvesting very small highly stackable food items that restore HP (Raw berries/seeds work best, or Jerky) to continue eating if you need the damage boost during battle makes him the king in the ring. On top of the damage boost, in Mighty form his HP is 300 - more than enough to survive any blows unarmored while wearing the belt of hunger - even from giants. (Save some Dragonpie/Fishsticks for quick healing!)

Also in Mighty Form this makes him the easiest character to clear beehives with - considering his flat damage/health boost with a log suit + Spear can face-tank 6 bees easily. (If you dodge it gets even easier.)

With the honeycomb from that all you'd need to do is kill spiders for silk, make a bug net, catch a few Bees and then build a bee box. Easy taffy in the future - especially if you have multiple bee boxes going at once. Keep the Taffy stocked in your ice box and it'll last for 30 days straight. (Entirety of winter!) This way it's easy to maintain Wolfgangs sanity levels without overindulging on lots of expensive food or making lots of beds/tents in the late game. (Garlands work really well early game too.)

If you're competent at handling food well, and understand the sanity mechanics - Wolfgang becomes the most viable pick for an experienced player looking to do damage. He does not need a buff with the systems that are currently in place; at-least not in my opinion.

( I could go into his theoretical damage output, but I'll save it. Just know he can 1-2 shot hounds. )

Management, management, management. Wolfgang is a character for those already experienced at managing food and sanity. Stronger in surplus, weaker with famine. If you can handle providing for yourself, he becomes hands down the strongest combat character in the entire game.

His Hunger behaves like a traffic light in exchange for strength in battle:

GREEN means you're at full hunger! Anywhere from 300 to 220 Hunger you do 1.25x to 2x damage!

YELLOW means you're average. Anywhere from 220 to 100 Hunger you do 1.25x damage.

RED means you're weak! Anywhere from 100 to 2 Hunger you do 0.75x damage.

BLACK means you're STARVING! Anywhere from 1 or less Hunger you do 0.5x damage.

What this means is that - essentially Wolfgang has 3 Hunger bars instead of 1.

His base is 1-100, while he's a wimp.

Another Hunger bar on-top of that is 101-220 meaning he has another extra 120 points of hunger.

His final hunger bar is 221-300 giving him an extra 80 points of hunger.

You always want to be in the middle, on average - if you can help it; only go below 100 hunger if food is desperately scarce and you must ration it before you can find more. I have never had a time where I "needed" to be below 100 hunger as Wolfgang and so I never suffered too badly in battle.

Even if the 2x damage only lasts a single hunger point - using the Belt of Hunger + making/harvesting very small highly stackable food items that restore HP (Raw berries/seeds work best, or Jerky) to continue eating if you need the damage boost during battle makes him the king in the ring. On top of the damage boost, in Mighty form his HP is 300 - more than enough to survive any blows unarmored while wearing the belt of hunger - even from giants. (Save some Dragonpie/Fishsticks for quick healing!)

Also in Mighty Form this makes him the easiest character to clear beehives with - considering his flat damage/health boost with a log suit + Spear can face-tank 6 bees easily. (If you dodge it gets even easier.)

With the honeycomb from that all you'd need to do is kill spiders for silk, make a bug net, catch a few Bees and then build a bee box. Easy taffy in the future - especially if you have multiple bee boxes going at once. Keep the Taffy stocked in your ice box and it'll last for 30 days straight. (Entirety of winter!) This way it's easy to maintain Wolfgangs sanity levels without overindulging on lots of expensive food or making lots of beds/tents in the late game. (Garlands work really well early game too.)

If you're competent at handling food well, and understand the sanity mechanics - Wolfgang becomes the most viable pick for an experienced player looking to do damage. He does not need a buff with the systems that are currently in place; at-least not in my opinion.

( I could go into his theoretical damage output, but I'll save it. Just know he can 1-2 shot hounds. )

well the wiki that i saw is wrong then because it says that in normal form he ONLY DOES 1.0 DAMAGE   http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/File:Wolfgang_forms.png yeah i dont think you can tank that much demage without being in LATE GAME where this all dosent matter see my point now?

Look, you need to re-learn NOT to have that character always full. As stated before, you should have your Hunger around the 101-220 zone. The only two exceptions are when you are fighting a difficult enemy or you are doing long-term exploration. This is when you should be Mighty or can go down to Wimpy respectively. Unless you've stockpiled a lot of jerky and (non twig) filler to make a lot of Mighty Stews, you shouldn't go around trying to top off, or even frequently fight until needed (Giants, Hounds, swarms, etc.) As a matter of fact, if using the "don't fight until you have to"  idea of this game with other characters, you can fill up and have additional time before you actually starve, allowing more time to gather resources/farm and dry produce and meats. before needing to eat. With foods stored on drying racks and crock pots rotable (now,) this "extra time" can be useful when scavenging or lasting a longer time in winter.  

Or in Winter, you can eat more food to go mighty combat more beefalo and pigs to get more meat to last longer in winter until the meat source mentioned here renews. 

The Sanity hit is simply a game balancer so people just don't tank all day and other characters are fairly balanced. 

So no, the only thing that needs to be updated respectively, is the player playing Wolfgang. 

(I'm sure if Teo were here to read this, he would like it; I miss ya man!) 

Look, you need to re-learn NOT to have that character always full. As stated before, you should have your Hunger around the 101-220 zone. The only two exceptions are when you are fighting a difficult enemy or you are doing long-term exploration. This is when you should be Mighty or can go down to Wimpy respectively. Unless you've stockpiled a lot of jerky and (non twig) filler to make a lot of Mighty Stews, you shouldn't go around trying to top off, or even frequently fight until needed (Giants, Hounds, swarms, etc.) As a matter of fact, if using the "don't fight until you have to" idea of this game with other characters, you can fill up and have additional time before you actually starve, allowing more time to gather resources/farm and dry produce and meats. before needing to eat. With foods stored on drying racks and crock pots rotable (now,) this "extra time" can be useful when scavenging or lasting a longer time in winter.

Or in Winter, you can eat more food to go mighty combat more beefalo and pigs to get more meat to last longer in winter until the meat source mentioned here renews.

The Sanity hit is simply a game balancer so people just don't tank all day and other characters are fairly balanced.

So no, the only thing that needs to be updated respectively, is the player playing Wolfgang.

(I'm sure if Teo were here to read this, he would like it; I miss ya man!)

realy dif you even read the treat are u kiding me? i do KNOW wolfgang can be incrediblee at full bely but you problably dont even know that he normal damage multiplayer is 1.0x yes1.0x not 1.25c of course that would be ok but the mighty form only gives 2.0x multiplayer for a single point of hunger that only last a a second playing as wolf when he gets to 299 hunger it becomes 1.25 of course it can be good but there are chacraters that outmach him in any ways dont talk to me like he is a late game god(WX is alredy there)i only sugesting since he is buffy as normal that the demage becomes 1,25 and in mighty form the 2.0x should last 4 more hunger points enought to fight decents enemys(ps: you are just teling basic i know i have conquered diverses worlds in RoG with wolf he semmes weak the i cheked wiki i didnt gave me the exact stats so i finded a guide that swoed and then i am asking the devs to give him a small buff to make more worth to learn to play as because as i see it wigfrid is 10x better than him and will be in multiplayer too i just dont play her too much since in late game her sanaty hunger and not being able to eat meat are just so boring the point is i want a strong-not-broken guy there is only wolf, but after seing the stats i hated it i just want to HIS NORMAL FORM is a 1.25X JUST that it is that hard to understant that? most of you dindnt even knew that and probabily asumed that and raged here before even knowing the true stats (sight) i wish the devs came here and just said that the wiki is wrong.

You mean second easiest.

Wendy and Abigail are better beekeepers.

realy dif you even read the treat are u kiding me? i do KNOW wolfgang can be incrediblee at full bely but you problably dont even know that he normal damage multiplayer is 1.0x yes1.0x not 1.25c of course that would be ok but the mighty form only gives 2.0x multiplayer for a single point of hunger that only last a a second playing as wolf when he gets to 299 hunger it becomes 1.25 of course it can be good but there are chacraters that outmach him in any ways dont talk to me like he is a late game god(WX is alredy there)i only sugesting since he is buffy as normal that the demage becomes 1,25 and in mighty form the 2.0x should last 4 more hunger points enought to fight decents enemys(ps: you are just teling basic i know i have conquered diverses worlds in RoG with wolf he semmes weak the i cheked wiki i didnt gave me the exact stats so i finded a guide that swoed and then i am asking the devs to give him a small buff to make more worth to learn to play as because as i see it wigfrid is 10x better than him and will be in multiplayer too i just dont play her too much since in late game her sanaty hunger and not being able to eat meat are just so boring the point is i want a strong-not-broken guy there is only wolf, but after seing the stats i hated it i just want to HIS NORMAL FORM is a 1.25X JUST that it is that hard to understant that? most of you dindnt even knew that and probabily asumed that and raged here before even knowing the true stats (sight) i wish the devs came here and just said that the wiki is wrong.

Gee, you're saying I and others didn't read the post (which I read and read EVERY post in a thread i reply in) and "we all raged?" And amazingly I, other users and the carefully monitored by the community wiki is wrong, but you are not?

You didn't bother carefully reading other posting histories did you?

Just because we don't agree with you (when we have actual factual history on our side,) there is no reason to assume we don't get it. 

I am neither blind nor unmovable, but you don't seem to like the way you suggested did not work, even if different than literally suggested. More on this later. 

• Wolfgang's previous perk, before the "Strange New Powers" update, was 75 more health and hunger (maximum of 225 each), and 50% more damage when hitting enemies, similar to his current Mighty Form. He also looked like his Mighty form all the time, though with an intact costume.
  • Wolfgang's voice is sounded by a tuba and it changes in pitch depending on his current form.
  • Thanks to his perk Wolfgang is the character with both the highest and lowest damage output in the game. When full Mighty he can do 136 damage in melee combat with a Dark Sword and 200 damage at range with a Blow Dart. In the same way when fully starving he can do as low as 2.125 damage when wielding a Bug Net or Fishing Rod and 13.6 damage with a Boomerang. The highest damage other characters can do is 68 in melee and 100 at range while the lowest is 3.19 in melee and 75 at range.
    • In RoG thanks to the Morning Star Wolfgang can do as high as 144 damage to wet targets. Also, thanks to Wigfrid the bar for other characters is raised to 85 damage in melee and 125 at range.

Would you mind taking the time to read our previous reply's words here, and CAREFULLY understand what was said?

If you can't handle Wolfgang when not playing it as built (as mentioned not just by me, but by numerous guides of veteran players,) don't ask for the character to be changed simply due to your interpretations on how Wolfgang should be made.

If you like, you can search for the "old Wolfgang" mod and play him that way, or make or commission a mod to change him to play your way. but don't speak for everybody because you have problems playing Wolfie.

As a matter of fact, the wiki suggestion takes an even more passive measure of how you should play Wolfgang: (Wolfgang is not a quickly used to win character but has perks you can briefly use to only some limited benefit until you survive longer and get items to offset him such as the Tam O' Shanter and a Belt of Hunger or Hibernation Belt is what this is based on.) 

• Since Wolfgang loses more Hunger in his Normal and Mighty forms, it is advised to stay Wimpy all the time when not wearing the aforementioned Belt or Vest, and only eat to avoid starvation and just before a fight. The penalties when staying Wimpy are only relevant during a fight so the player will not be in danger. 

If you took the time and read this entire entry about Wolfgang, you'd see he WAS once a lot tougher-as in fixed 2.0x-and was considered too overpowered. As a matter of fact, he was complained about as so overpowered, his abilities were lessened or "nerfed' in a the "Strange New powers" subsequent update.

His attack power range is staying where it is; accept it, or get a mass of players to agree with you and post it in THIS SECTION in the future. 

Don't bother saying I didn't read the THREAD if you didn't bother reading my previous reply carefully.

Wolfgang has BETTER combat when mighty (and best when at 300 as a SHORT TERM super-buff.) But the point is to use him as a NORMAL (or even WIMPY) capability character most of the time and that is from 101-220 hunger (or 1-100 if exploring in Wimpy form) EXCEPT in special but limited time combat circumstances. that is his perk (as well as potentially lasting longer in extended periods before having to eat more.) 

• Due to the way Wolfgang's Health scales between forms it's better to heal when Wimpy and take damage when Mighty, since the healing and damage will be doubled or halved when changing form respectively. This makes healing items up to twice as effective with Wolfgang and attacks up to half as damaging.

That doesn't mean "Always on" Mighty. Also, you're not going to see a guaranteed attack above 25% and 2.0 at 300 fixed. 

Due to what I mentioned before about too powerful, to stop people from abusing Mighty all the time with ANY enemy, they added the additional sanity drain. (This is a character balance like Willow starting fires when low sanity but always having a light. In some ways since she NEVER can be attacked by the Night Monster, she is more "broken.") Wolfgang can easily fix this by wearing clothing. If you can't get the Tam yet, make a Top hat or a Feather Hat: Again, this was mentioned in the Wiki you said you read. 

Because he's a Nyctophobic, he suffers a greater Sanity Drain from Monsters and the dark, so care should be taken with sanity management. If the player has no sanity recovering items it is recommended that they sleep through the night to avoid Sanity drain, since it's harder to refill than Hunger.

The penalty though is really small at only 10% more Sanity loss. A Tam o' Shanter will nullify sanity drain at night and when fighting monsters in mighty form he'll lose less Sanity than other characters, due to the fight's duration being shorter.

• A Tam o' Shanter, providing 6.7 sanity/min is a great item to manage Wolfgang's Sanity. It not only stops Sanity drain at night even for him, but it lasts very long and even provides insulation against the cold. Combining it with a Belt of Hunger will make sure that Wolfgang constantly regenerates Sanity even at night. A Tent combined with Taffy or Pumpkin Cookies is also desirable when trying to get big amounts of Sanity back quickly.
    • A Hibernation Vest in RoG is also a good Sanity item with its 4.5 sanity/min. What little sanity is lost at night will be regained back during the day in no time. This will be useful when the player wants to equip something else other than the Tam in the head slot.

Quite bluntly, you seem to lack game experience, and forum experience (since if you had the former you'd know about all of this and if you had the latter you'd know to post this here instead.) When you have a couple to a few hundred hours of DS experience, I'd love to see if your view has changed. (If you actually have played that long, then I'm not hoping for any change in perspective.) But a beginner and a veteran have widely differing understandings of the game. take time to not just read the tips and the wiki sites, but to understand WHY they are suggesting it this way. 

I understand English is not your primary language. That written, you may want somebody to help you who can understand English what I and @Gumhoy previously stated so you understand better what we mentioned if you are having trouble with context.  

Please know the civility of the response you get is likely linked to the the response you give.

Remember that in your future posts. Thank you. 

Wolfgang has a sanity multiplier of x1.1, aka almost nothing.

Wolfgang's hunger depletes at a normal rate of x1 when his hunger is kept below the 100 threshold, which means you can decide when to become mighty. You have a use for an excess of food in the late game now, without much consequence.

Plus, if you wait until you're wimpy to heal up, you'll be effectively healing more because health is proportional to hunger.

He's an easy character and reflects your ability to manage resources and food.

Every character in Don't Starve (with the exception of Maxwell of course) has their benefits and drawbacks.

If you can make the most of the benefits, usually by careful management of the respective field, you can survive better altogether.

If you can steer clear of the drawbacks, they aren't as important and matter less.

Thus, every character can be good if you manage everything well, and can be terrible if you try to do something with the drawbacks in the way.

As mentioned, wolfgang is a good character when you plan your diet well. You can be strong in combat, without suffering from quicker hunger. If you manage it well and avoid bad situations.

Gee, you're saying I and others didn't read the post (which I read and read EVERY post in a thread i reply in) and "we all raged?" And amazingly I, other users and the carefully monitored by the community wiki is wrong, but you are not?

You didn't bother carefully reading other posting histories did you?

Just because we don't agree with you (when we have actual factual history on our side,) there is no reason to assume we don't get it. 

I am neither blind nor unmovable, but you don't seem to like the way you suggested did not work, even if different than literally suggested. More on this later. 

Would you mind taking the time to read our previous reply's words here, and CAREFULLY understand what was said?

If you can't handle Wolfgang when not playing it as built (as mentioned not just by me, but by numerous guides of veteran players,) don't ask for the character to be changed simply due to your interpretations on how Wolfgang should be made.

If you like, you can search for the "old Wolfgang" mod and play him that way, or make or commission a mod to change him to play your way. but don't speak for everybody because you have problems playing Wolfie.

As a matter of fact, the wiki suggestion takes an even more passive measure of how you should play Wolfgang: (Wolfgang is not a quickly used to win character but has perks you can briefly use to only some limited benefit until you survive longer and get items to offset him such as the Tam O' Shanter and a Belt of Hunger or Hibernation Belt is what this is based on.) 

If you took the time and read this entire entry about Wolfgang, you'd see he WAS once a lot tougher-as in fixed 2.0x-and was considered too overpowered. As a matter of fact, he was complained about as so overpowered, his abilities were lessened or "nerfed' in a the "Strange New powers" subsequent update.

His attack power range is staying where it is; accept it, or get a mass of players to agree with you and post it in THIS SECTION in the future. 

Don't bother saying I didn't read the THREAD if you didn't bother reading my previous reply carefully.

Wolfgang has BETTER combat when mighty (and best when at 300 as a SHORT TERM super-buff.) But the point is to use him as a NORMAL (or even WIMPY) capability character most of the time and that is from 101-220 hunger (or 1-100 if exploring in Wimpy form) EXCEPT in special but limited time combat circumstances. that is his perk (as well as potentially lasting longer in extended periods before having to eat more.) 

That doesn't mean "Always on" Mighty. Also, you're not going to see a guaranteed attack above 25% and 2.0 at 300 fixed. 

Due to what I mentioned before about too powerful, to stop people from abusing Mighty all the time with ANY enemy, they added the additional sanity drain. (This is a character balance like Willow starting fires when low sanity but always having a light. In some ways since she NEVER can be attacked by the Night Monster, she is more "broken.") Wolfgang can easily fix this by wearing clothing. If you can't get the Tam yet, make a Top hat or a Feather Hat: Again, this was mentioned in the Wiki you said you read. 

Quite bluntly, you seem to lack game experience, and forum experience (since if you had the former you'd know about all of this and if you had the latter you'd know to post this here instead.) When you have a couple to a few hundred hours of DS experience, I'd love to see if your view has changed. (If you actually have played that long, then I'm not hoping for any change in perspective.) But a beginner and a veteran have widely differing understandings of the game. take time to not just read the tips and the wiki sites, but to understand WHY they are suggesting it this way. 

I understand English is not your primary language. That written, you may want somebody to help you who can understand English what I and @Gumhoy previously stated so you understand better what we mentioned if you are having trouble with context.  

Please know the civility of the response you get is likely linked to the the response you give.

Remember that in your future posts. Thank you.

I HAVE 315 HOURS OF DONT STARVE! and no he is not that bad you are just saying wiki, I KNOW HOW TO PLAY HIM IDIOT HE IS NOT THAT HARD THE OLD WOLFGANGA WAS OP AND WOULdND NEVER PLAY AS HIM BECAUSE HE WAS LIKE WX NOW! stop just STOP saiyng the wiki i read it. You are going full retarded critizing me instead of proving actualy points os HIM,now once you freaking see how other chacraters are superior then him in almost any way you will se my point willow have dominace early wendy in winter is absoluty great maxwell can segure mid enemys in the early days woodie after he has a place to return to is stronger even than wigfrid WX well 400hp,Webber 20 spider with 3 monster meat wickerbotton dont play much as her but 

she looks like is a rusher of late game tech while wolf is just stronger by 1.25 al full belly and have a short super buff that only last a hit i know but yeah i probaly played this game more than you so stop thinking you are soo good and better than me my friend gave me this game(in the times where you would recived two copies) AND NO I DIND SAY EVERYONE RAGED I SAID YOU RAGED AND ONLY SPOKE BULLSHIP about me AND SITING THE WIKI JUST MAKE ME A FAVOR SHUT UP I PROBALY KNOW MORE THAN YOU I READ ALL THE WIKI OF DS of course after i survived without the lonoged to dont lose the fun now if you could stop going full retarded i wil thank you lest speak about wolf and how he diserves or not a 1.25 in normal form thank you.( AND I AM PROBALY BETTER IN THIS GAME THAN YOU SO STOP BEING  A BITC*)

Archived