Help With Wigfrid... Please.... HELP ME!

Is it worth building alot of drying racks, or just a few? And I must know, what does that 2 meat, 1 honey and filler recipe make????

Hi, based on that question, you might find this thread valuable.

For a list of all recipies, look at this Wiki Page

2 meat / 1 honey / no sticks = honey ham

health+30 hunger+75    sanity+5

Which is better than 2x as good as:

else if you put in sticks, you get kabobs.

health+3   hunger+37.5 sanity+5

Monster meat is all you need. It's a gateway to better foods. Get a Fire Pit, Crock Pot, Ice Box, and Birdcage. Standard fare. With just monster meat, you have the resources you need to make any meat related item in the game, fish excluded. Given that you can convert monster meat into meat, eggs, morsels, and drumsticks, this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Let's say you spend a day killing spiders. You have 20 monster meat. With this you can:

-Make 5 meatballs (Convert 15 into eggs, cook in crock pot)

-Acquire 10 meat (Go to pig village, feed pig 4 monster meat, kill werepig, repeat an additional 4 times. Also nets 5 pig skins.)

-Acquire a variable amount of small meats (Use monster meat to lure Vultures, typically nets 10 drumsticks and 15-20 morsels. Doesn't consume monster meat.)

And with the newly acquired materials, make:

-Small and regular jerky

-Meaty stew (1 monster meat, 1 meat, 2 small meats)

-Kabobs (Also known as the "Why would you make this?" food. 1 monster meat, 2 small meats, 1 twig)

-Monster Lasagna ("Whyudodis" MKII. 2 monster meat + anything but twigs)

-Bacon & Eggs (My food of choice! 3 monster meat (1+2 eggs) and a small meat to make a great food with a long spoil time.)

If you have any fruit or vegetables, you can use them as filler in meatballs, meaty stew (if you substitute 2 small meats for a meat), and kabobs. It also opens the door for pierogi (Healing!), spicy chili (Heating!), or turkey dinner.

If you have honey, you can make honey nuggets, or honey ham. As you can see, you have many options with just a stack of monster meat.

My cheapest food list:

Monster meat + 3 ices = meatballs

Monster meat + (2 monster meats --> eggs) + morsel = bacon and eggs

Monster meat + (2 monster meats --> eggs) + vegie = pierogi

Meat stew is not as good because Wigfrid has a lower hunger.

Ice is such a cheap filler, and is better than [monster meat --> egg] or twigs because it will not ruin a recipe.

Monster meat for life! I don't even need beeboxes.

question: would it be a valid strategy to potentially leave a string of crock pots througout the world the way many people do with firepits/endo pits for seasonal travelling? I realize this is a lot of effort, and I have not played wigrid yet, so anyone with wigfrid experience, would this be worth the effort/resources?

Ya, I do this with Wigfrid.  I wouldn't call them a 'string' per se, but anywhere that I find myself spending a lot of time, I toss one up.  Crockpots are cheap and there's no reason not to build them anywhere you might use them.  But you don't have to build strings of them just to explore, that's usually unnecesasry.   I usually have a crockpot at my main base, my summer base, Frog pond cluster, the pig king village, McTusk, touchstones, and any caves I explore.   I always keep a pre-built crockpot in qeue so I can plop it down anywhere I feel like I need one.  I build them up gradually, bringing in a few berry bushes, saplings, and grass tufts, whenever I know I'm heading there, and it's convenient.   Hell, I'll toss a crockpot up at a rock biome, just to use while I mine it out.   Hammer it down when you're done and make the next one even cheaper to build!

Ya, I do this with Wigfrid.  I wouldn't call them a 'string' per se, but anywhere that I find myself spending a lot of time, I toss one up.  Crockpots are cheap and there's no reason not to build them anywhere you might use them.  But you don't have to build strings of them just to explore, that's usually unnecesasry.   I usually have a crockpot at my main base, my summer base, Frog pond cluster, the pig king village, McTusk, touchstones, and any caves I explore.   I always keep a pre-built crockpot in qeue so I can plop it down anywhere I feel like I need one.  I build them up gradually, bringing in a few berry bushes, saplings, and grass tufts, whenever I know I'm heading there, and it's convenient.   Hell, I'll toss a crockpot up at a rock biome, just to use while I mine it out.   Hammer it down when you're done and make the next one even cheaper to build!

brummbar7 makes an excellent point! if while traveling, you find a far-off area that has a lot of meat-producers (such as a Frog Pond, Pig Village with spiders nearby, Tallbird Fort, Hound Mound/Hound Mound Fort, anything often killed by a Reed Trap in the swamps, etc,) and you are going to be exploring the area for a while, making a temporary or even secondary crock pot to manage the drops there can save potentially wasted extra meats dropped. .  

brummbar7 makes an excellent point! if while traveling, you find a far-off area that has a lot of meat-producers (such as a Frog Pond, Pig Village with spiders nearby, Tallbird Fort, Hound Mound/Hound Mound Fort, anything often killed by a Reed Trap in the swamps, etc,) and you are going to be exploring the area for a while, making a temporary or even secondary crock pot to manage the drops there can save potentially wasted extra meats dropped. .  

good point. plus that way I can get the most out of food gathered if I'm not planning to make a home run anytime soon, and do better than just eating fire cooked meat.

Excuse me? I think I found some sort of mistake. Nobody is that heartless. This must be a typo. It has to be! It is a typo, right? Right? You are a cold hearted b******.

I hate tallbirds. They're annoying.  They screech and chase you and peck at you when all you're doing is minding your own business. 

In other words....

NOT A TYPO!!!!!!!!

I hate tallbirds. They're annoying.  They screech and chase you and peck at you when all you're doing is minding your own business. 

In other words....

NOT A TYPO!!!!!!!!

It's your fault. It's just defending it's nest. Go make a walking cane, wimp.

I hate you.

I hate you.

Hm, good idea - I can kill random tallbirds I come across (that are too far away from my tooth-trap killing field) with the walking cane and it won't lose durability....

Hm, good idea - I can kill random tallbirds I come across (that are too far away from my tooth-trap killing field) with the walking cane and it won't lose durability....

No! That's not what bob meant. He meant that you should hunt jackalopes with it instead. You can either catch them unaware, in the one hop they instincively jump towards their home, or by straightup catching up.

Use a walking cane and not the lazy staff, since the tusk hits harder.

P.S. I am a male reproductive system

There are a thousand ways to get food - If tallbirds are too close to your base, move it, it's not that big of a deal.

Or, just go smack koalefants in the face. They don't add naughtiness, and give WAYY more meat than a tallbird- Not to mention the winter clothing their trunks make. 

Is the 2 meat really worth it? No. It isn't.

There are a thousand ways to get food - If tallbirds are too close to your base, move it, it's not that big of a deal.

Or, just go smack koalefants in the face. They don't add naughtiness, and give WAYY more meat than a tallbird- Not to mention the winter clothing their trunks make. 

Is the 2 meat really worth it? No. It isn't.

But...killing koalefants is just wrong, they're so cute, like baby elephants.  (Although, yes, I do kill them as well).

And I think bit of what you quoted me saying got into the wrong place - it must be what you had meant to say yourself. 

But...killing koalefants is just wrong, they're so cute, like baby elephants.  (Although, yes, I do kill them as well).

And I think bit of what you quoted me saying got into the wrong place - it must be what you had meant to say yourself. 

Killing koalefants is not wrong, as they are actually evil monsters set out by the shadows. (Don't ask me how I know that)

This text is secret and can only be seen if you quote me or highlight it

And I did not alter your quote in any way, shape, or form.

Killing koalefants is not wrong, as they are actually evil monsters set out by the shadows. (Don't ask me how I know that)

This text is secret and can only be seen if you quote me or highlight it

And well spotted, I did accidentally put something in your quote that I had meant to say about myself.

Right, so I need to kill all tallbirds AND all koalefants.  I'd better go and get on with it then, thanks for that tip. ^^

I hate you.

But now it takes TWICE as long to kill than with a spe...

Is the 2 meat really worth it? No. It isn't.

...oh you mean to RUN away from them...

*whistles innocently as he sweeps the tallbird parts under the Beefalo rug*

It's not like I ate her or anything!

How did you know it was a female?

YOU ARE PURE EVIL!

First you slaughter it, then you LOOK in that area?

You are REVOLTING!

How were we even not enemies in the first place?

How did you know it was a female?

YOU ARE PURE EVIL!

First you slaughter it, then you LOOK in that area?

You are REVOLTING!

How were we even not enemies in the first place?

How do you not KNOW all Tallbirds are female! They ALL lay eggs! 

I think you are faking your so-called "expertise" in these animals. 

Would I find dried tallbird meat in your chests Bob, if that's your real weird name? 

How do you not KNOW all Tallbirds are female! They ALL lay eggs! 

I think you are faking your so-called "expertise" in these animals. 

Would I find dried tallbird meat in your chests Bob, if that's your real weird name? 

HEY! I have- uh, Legal rights to look in those areas. And they all have egg-laying organs inside them.

No, I'm not. I'm actually the half-inventor of them. Ha.

No you would NOT! I've never killed one. And no, Bob isn't my real name. It's my second name though. You know my ACTUAL name. But... Don't tell anyone... I like to keep that secret. If information about me got into the wrong han- 

¡qoq 'ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʍouʞ ɯǝɥʇ ƃuᴉʇʇǝl ǝɹ,no⅄ ¡ԀO┴S

I'm sorry, Joe... But they already know alot...

˙ǝɯ ʎuǝp oʇ ƃuᴉʎɹʇ dǝǝʞ noʎ ǝsnɐɔǝq s,ʇI ˙ʍouʞ I

But you aren't real, Joe!

Disregard that. She can get a little feisty sometimes...

˙dn ʇnɥs 'ɥO

Archived