A couple suggestions for DST

I personally think difficulty should remain the same. It will be difficult enough dividing the usual amount of resources among your peers, much less fighting a giant with double its normal health. I think that would cause it to become more tedious than a "challenge" or something adaptable to play-style. In fact, people realizing that mobs are easier to deal with together will be enough incentive for cooperation.

That's a very cheap way of raising difficulty...very feux, so I hope that's not what is done. Actually, you described it perfectly - "tedious,"

Stronger normal monsters have never appealed to me because having 4 people trying to whack one spider for a millennia sounds odd. Since ranged weapons are not as early game as melee. Not to mention the fact that the combat system in Don't Starve isn't the most fun and that there would be 2 more spiders (at the min) each buffed meant for 4 players. I don't know just never thought of it in a way it could work well. Stronger boss monsters? Sure. Normal, no thanks.

As for stronger weather, if there's a good way to combat it sure I'm ok with that. Cannibalism... eh... leaning towards no. Doesn't that kind of break the whole "stop people from tearing each others hearts out"? If people become a source of food that will certainly be an issue from people working together.

No, idiotic would have been telling you that the game isn't macabre if I didn't know what it meant. Do not insult me because of a difference in opinions.

I insulted you because you had to look up the word macabre, and because of the fact that you didn't know the meaning of the word.

Doesn't that kind of break the whole "stop people from tearing each others hearts out"? If people become a source of food that will certainly be an issue from people working together.

No. The positives of having a friend alive far outweigh the negatives. Anyone who would kill you for the soul purpose of your meat (in DS) would have killed you for no reason anyway. Plus, non-pvp will be optional.

You have my seal of approval.

I would love it if the characters remark that the flesh tastes like a mixture of veal and tuna.

Mind if I add a few suggestions of my own?

Your seal of approval you say? Badum-tssshhhh! But seriously same with me :p!Seal_at_the_Seal_Sanctuary_-_geograph.or

Hi there,

I like your ideas. Would you mind posting some of mine?

I have few ideas to make DS Together a more fun experience, since there will be more players playing.

Philosophy:

As with all survival and every work position in the world - specialization is the key to success. The team is stronger, if each player is specialized in something which gives him and the team benefits in the end.

Where I aim - it would be great, if players had a set of skills they could explore and get better at. I am not saying it should look like some old RPG stuff, loaded with clutter of useless stuff. Just some basics.

Skills:

- hunting/fighting skills

- crafting skills

- cooking skills

- harvesting skills

Mechanic:

- levels of each skills - basic, intermediate, expert

- all skills would be increased by a small amount when the character would be doing the thing (either fighting, crafting, cooking meals or cutting trees or rocks down)

- after some time (up to developers to decide, but should be long, so it is not easy), a player would become an expert and would have some benefits

- benefits could be for example:

- 10/20/30 % increased damage and armor for basic, intermediate and expert (hunting/fighting)

- 10/20/30 % less resources needed for crafting

- 10/20/30 % less resources or time of cooking needed

- 10/20/30 % less time to cut down or pick up anything

This way players would have another goal and could specify their place in the team of survivors. It is always like that - when few people are surviving, not everyone is making the fire  :-), because they wouldn't last long that way.

Also, this could be even more fun to see some combination of characters and roles they would play in the game. For example Woodie would be the best to use and get some harvesting skills. And Wigfried would be best for hunting/fighting.

What do you think? Would you like some taint of roles in the survival wilderness?

Any feedback appreciated.

Also - another idea, which doesn't concern skills - it would be great to have bow and arrow. Even the oldest tribes had bows and arrows. It is just that simple that this weapon is essential in surviving or killing something from a distance.

Hi there,

I like your ideas. Would you mind posting some of mine?

I have few ideas to make DS Together a more fun experience, since there will be more players playing.

Philosophy:

As with all survival and every work position in the world - specialization is the key to success. The team is stronger, if each player is specialized in something which gives him and the team benefits in the end.

Where I aim - it would be great, if players had a set of skills they could explore and get better at. I am not saying it should look like some old RPG stuff, loaded with clutter of useless stuff. Just some basics.

Skills:

- hunting/fighting skills

- crafting skills

- cooking skills

- harvesting skills

Mechanic:

- levels of each skills - basic, intermediate, expert

- all skills would be increased by a small amount when the character would be doing the thing (either fighting, crafting, cooking meals or cutting trees or rocks down)

- after some time (up to developers to decide, but should be long, so it is not easy), a player would become an expert and would have some benefits

- benefits could be for example:

- 10/20/30 % increased damage and armor for basic, intermediate and expert (hunting/fighting)

- 10/20/30 % less resources needed for crafting

- 10/20/30 % less resources or time of cooking needed

- 10/20/30 % less time to cut down or pick up anything

This way players would have another goal and could specify their place in the team of survivors. It is always like that - when few people are surviving, not everyone is making the fire  :-), because they wouldn't last long that way.

Also, this could be even more fun to see some combination of characters and roles they would play in the game. For example Woodie would be the best to use and get some harvesting skills. And Wigfried would be best for hunting/fighting.

What do you think? Would you like some taint of roles in the survival wilderness?

Any feedback appreciated.

Also - another idea, which doesn't concern skills - it would be great to have bow and arrow. Even the oldest tribes had bows and arrows. It is just that simple that this weapon is essential in surviving or killing something from a distance.

You know, you could have just created a topic for that, rather than posting the same thing on three already existing topics. Now there are three places you could get a reply to this at...

Hi,

That was my intention. I went over many topics and posted only to those, where it could fit.

More topics, more answers. I hope to get some ideas from more people on this, if it would be fun for them or if it is just me...

Anyway, if it is something bothering, sorry for that, didn't think few posts would be bad.

Archived