I got ridiculously lucky...

Alrighty,

So, I decided to start playing RoG after resolving an issue with a mod crashing the game when in RoG worlds, I decided to play as Wendy.

So, day 2, I'm just exploring, and I find a spider nest. I had a spear, and Abigail's flower seemed to be fully open (respawned at a touchstone after I died on the first night). So, I decided to kite some spiders!

After killing two, Abigail spawned. I then sent Abigail after the last spider, and it died...and dropped Webber's skull.

This is the most absurd amount of luck I have had ever playing Don't Starve. That means I have only 2 more characters to unlock, Wigfrid and Waxwell!(maxwell,shmaxwell,whatevs)

Has anyone else had an absurd amount of luck?

How did you summon Krampus that fast?

Back in the day, birds still had stupid AI, and they would always fly down to get seeds, even if you're standing next to them. One pre Strange New Powers Wolfgang punch gave me some nice bird drops, plus naughtyness. Repeated untill Krampus spawned then chopped him to death with an axe.

I came across 2 Touchstones right next to each other, you could literally see them on-screen at the same time.

Awesome, congrats on unlocking Webber! He's a really interesting character to play. Wigfrid is pretty cool too, keep going!

My best 2 lucky occurrences:

• Webber unlock: first day playing RoG beta, I burned the Queens Gathering to the ground... Webber's skull dropped.
  • Walking cane set piece, day 1 or 2: this has only happened twice, but it's a godsend to get it that early. The second time was recently actually, on a new Maxwell save I just began.

Webber skull always appears at the first spider den tier one that you see, so it isn't random or luck. Otherwise, I was too lucky, because i found it 7 times that way. I didn't know what was its use at that time.

Webber skull always appears at the first spider den tier one that you see, so it isn't random or luck. Otherwise, I was too lucky, because i found it 7 times that way. I didn't know what was its use at that time.

Really? That explains it.

That is almost how it went for me when I unlocked Webber, I basically was 3 days in as Wendy Exploring around then I found a Spider den, I had low health from a killer bee attack so I decided to kill one for a spider gland. I killed the spider with the axe and there it was....His skull! I kept it with me for a bit then on day 6 I had built a Science machine and base so I decided to grab a shovel and put him to rest, I eventally found a grave mound, I dug it up and it spawned a ghost, I didn't bother however and I buried him and took a bit of damage from the ghost. After Webber disappeared the spiders spawned.....unfortunately I didn't know Abigail was ready to be summoned so I was killed from the ghost and spider.....but hey, at least I still got Webber! 

Unluckiest experience?

RoG world with barely no food or flint for tools while using Woodie during stupid Spring. Sanity was at 0 for a long time.

Luckiest experience ever?

That same run, found all the things and escaped that horrible world, the angry spring bees killed the bishops, rook, knights and a tree guardian I accidently spawned after discovering the wooden thingy.

Total time to escape that world and never have set up a proper base? 13 days.

Webber to me seems like an unfinished character. Somebody make a mod where if you play as Webber, spiders won't attack Shadow chester (all of the spider kind, including spider queens) and if Webber gets hit by something (other than a spider) the spiders around the area would agroo on the mob that attacked Webber. This would make Webber a MUCH better character.

Webber to me seems like an unfinished character. Somebody make a mod where if you play as Webber, spiders won't attack Shadow chester (all of the spider kind, including spider queens) and if Webber gets hit by something (other than a spider) the spiders around the area would agroo on the mob that attacked Webber. This would make Webber a MUCH better character.

Funny you should mention that, since I was considering making a mod for just that Chester issue in the near future :p

Luckiest experience for me?

I don't know if RoG+Adventure mode has been fixed by now, but when I played Adventure mode in my RoG world last time, it was bugged so that both in Two Worlds and in Darkness, I was faced with permanent summer. Luckily, I was playing WX-78, and I had gears. So I literally survived off the heat through gears, and even made it through Darkness that way. And at the beginning of the same run, I was in a world with a lot of rain (I forgot the name of it, the frog rain one anyway), and WX was really suffering. My HP was very low and I was close to death through rain, however, I followed the track of a Koalefant, chased him down, killed him while my health was below 10, put up a fire, cooked the trunk, and knocked my HP back up when I was literally seconds from dying. So that was a pretty eventful adventure I had there.

Funny you should mention that, since I was considering making a mod for just that Chester issue in the near future :razz:

Luckiest experience for me?

I don't know if RoG+Adventure mode has been fixed by now, but when I played Adventure mode in my RoG world last time, it was bugged so that both in Two Worlds and in Darkness, I was faced with permanent summer. Luckily, I was playing WX-78, and I had gears. So I literally survived off the heat through gears, and even made it through Darkness that way. And at the beginning of the same run, I was in a world with a lot of rain (I forgot the name of it, the frog rain one anyway), and WX was really suffering. My HP was very low and I was close to death through rain, however, I followed the track of a Koalefant, chased him down, killed him while my health was below 10, put up a fire, cooked the trunk, and knocked my HP back up when I was literally seconds from dying. So that was a pretty eventful adventure I had there.

I'll have to see if that last hot-fix resolved the permanent Summer like it did the Woodie reverting from beaver to human and permanant rain (also verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam helped.)

And being a Wx fan (well, mostly before RoG due to Spring ;) ,) the AM world you refer to is called "A Cold Reception."  

Quite bluntly, the worst first world to get if playing the robot. Yes, "King of Winter" included.

After getting hit by lightning, pick 4-5 flowers, and prepare to eat them and restock if needed. Make a garland if hit 3+ times or by the third day if no base is made yet. Healing is done by killing and eating butterflies. Keep some flowers around for this of course, but do pick and eat excess ones for extra topping off healing as a one-time thing. I hope you make a base and healing salve/honey poultice soon! 

Rush to find gold and build a Science machine and prototype, even if just a log suit, spear, shovel, backpack and hammer to smash it as a temp one.

Build near Guardian pig fortresses so they and the frogs take care of each other. You know how to pick up food and other things on the ground when there's danger next to you thanks to the swamps, right?

This is also where you'll fight them for meat and pigskin for your Hambat and Football Helmets  (but I do NOT recommend making them werepigs unless you've upgraded quite a bit.) Keep around 3-4 totems but feel free to Hammer the excess  ones if too difficult to handle when they respawn. Plus, free manure without wasting produce...very useful if you need help starting farms. 

By the time you deal with your leftover meat (often there are spider nests nearby too, giving monster meat,) you'll have a birdcage and drying racks next to your base with one or more crock pots, and the 6-day seasons are then much more manageable.

By your third end of "winter season," you'll easily be ready to go off with bacon and Eggs aplenty and round up your (remaining) Things. 

Archived