No spiders?

I believe I set "spiders" to more on world gen, but I have yet to find a single nest. I've actually uncovered quite a lot of my map, and the only spider nest on it is the one I started out with as Webber. Anyone else have this problem?

The effects of "More" settings got nerfed, mainly because it put stuff all over the place where that seemed more fitting for "lots". Sadly, more doesn't really seem to make a difference at all now. It makes default plus incredibly easy since one of the challenging aspects was to deal with spiders everywhere.

I am on my 5th world try with Weber and finally found an area full of spider nest but ya , they seem to turn scarce when you use him.

Do you know if it's only when you use webber, or are they just rare now?

It seems to be random. Once you get some nests and other times you barely see them. In general their numbers seem to be lowered as there are more procedurally placed assets on a single map that doesn't seem to be bigger than before the expansion.

On "more" I'm finding areas with a lot of spiders in one spot, but large stretches of land without any. They seem to spawn mostly in the typical spots ie: light green grass forests with the occasional rocks. And in forests I often find patches of 3-4 nests bunched up (but not too close to be unusual).

It seems to be random. Once you get some nests and other times you barely see them. In general their numbers seem to be lowered as there are more procedurally placed assets on a single map that doesn't seem to be bigger than before the expansion.

What I noticed was in vanilla DS, spiders were plentiful no matter what. When the DLC came, unless you find infested forests or rock biomes, spiders can be one hard thing to find, though there were rare occasions that I got worlds with plenty of spiders around.

yeah, I've been struggling to find spider nests too. In my current world, I've explored a HUGE amount of it only to find ONE spider den at the southern most point, right below some beefalo herds.

I am now farming it for meat and silk, and patiently waiting for it to grow into a spider queen so that I may make more dens.

Archived