Which character you like to use when playing RoG on?

I have really hard time choosing my favorite character but my top 3 is Wilson, Wigfrid and MaxWell.
This is what I think about them:

Wigfrid: awesome at combat, I feel really comfortable when playing aggressive because of her high health and resistance.

MaxWell: allows me to use a lot of magic and sanity draining items.
I especially enjoy using ancient staffs and wormholes but I'm very scared of dying because he has so low health.

Wilson: Awesome, doesn't have any down sides, really balanced.
His beard power isn't really that "fun to play around" but still useful.

Who should I pic to my next survival?
And who is your favorite character of them all?

I use Wigfrid alot now, she's my perfect character lol

Although if you're looking for a new character to try - Wickerbottom. The bonus tech level and her books are really handy... Although get ready to have way more silk than you'll ever need with her lol

I've been playing RoG with more of an eye to playtest, so I've used Wendy.  First, I've been playing mostly on Wendy pre-RoG, so keeping her makes my playtesting more standardized. Second, I'm expecting more people to be testing RoG on Wilson, WX, and Maxwell, so I can help collect more specific data on possible bugs for her if they arise. 

Currently running with my custom character with that amazing... 20hp (meat effigy's -30 hp stinks when you have 50 hp), but hey, powered-up magic items. So far I am having no issues with above or below ground. For my summer-only world I have Wickerbottem since she is the only character that can get away with running a summer only. And then Wendy for my winter-only world.

I like Wilson, Wickerbottom, and Wigfred.

Wilson is just fun, and a bonus for winter is always welcome. I do think he should get a summer cooling bonus though, it feels like his ability to endure the elements got nerfed with these additions. :wilson_hurt:

Wickerbottom is somewhat more challenging. I'm not a fan of farms but when I start a world with her I'm really going to want to use them, because summer. There's no way to buff her sanity by sleeping, so planning and management is more important (never liked sleeping much anyway). The books also let her be more creative, although I usually just use "On Tentacles", "The End Is Neigh" is now my followup for voltgoats. Using books adds to her sanity challenge. I do wish she could sleep during a new moon though, or at random if you try to sleep, some nights you can. Insomniac doesn't mean you can never sleep, just you often can't.

And finally Wigfred. She fits my play style. Who needs vegetables? While I'm at it I'll self ban meatballs as well (distasteful tripe). A diet of ham, stew, bacon, and jerky for me. Maybe I'll celebrate with turkey, I rule this land. Her sanity is interesting because getting and staying low is harder, I don't get to use my old standard of green shrooms. Drying meats is harder and combat is more interesting with weather threats. Either way I will dominate this land with a spear in one hand and a hambat in the other! (I do miss waffles though, a lovely treat).

I like Wigfrid especially because of her quotes. But she's also combat-ready and great for exploring caves/ruins. I also love her health/sanity buff when killing enemies.
Otherwise I use Wilson since... Well, he's the guy. I started playing with him and learnt to play with him. After many deaths and experiences I finally managed to survive 300 days before heading into Adventure Mode and finishing it. I like his balanced stats just like you said. And the Beard is perfect for Winter survival, don't forget that :3

Archived