Add ways of preserving veggies

You can dry veggies and mushrooms in real world, so why not in game?

Vegetarian characters and things like that, also its unhealthy to eat only meat:P

I can easly replace all veggies I need for crockpot with morsels and eggs from birdcage, but more variety would be good, eating meatballs and honey ham whole winter is boring:P

Plus if you want to roll with a bunny man army in the caves, you're limited somewhat by the nature of carrots.    Me, I'd like to see some more filling vegetable dishes on the order of meat stew.  I absolutely HATE type-farming dragon fruits, for only half the hunger gain. 

Awhile back I suggest something mushroom based (mushroom stroganoff).  Like, 1 of each type of mushroom, plus maybe some meat, though the end product would be considered stirctly vegetable for bunnyman and Wigfrid purposes.  Since you can't farm mushrooms, you'd have to go out mushroom picking once in awhile, which would make it not exactly a cakewalk to make.   Even better would be if you could brew in a light plant globe or glowberry and get an innate glow for a short time.

Well I'm having the time of my life playing as Wigfrid at the moment with no veggies and doing swell ;)

But I totally agree, "Pickle It" would be hilarious. I rarely ever farm anything other than werepigs, but even I'd like to see this happen.

It makes complete sense in my opinion, especially when you consider something like wrapping it in papyrus, or using Salt (by-product of mining rocks)

OR even as nasty as it sounds, have to gather the water from mosquito ponds to pickle your veggies in :p Lol

Well they should in Winter as well because of the wind. If there is something I know then I know that things dry from heat and wind. So may bein Autumn and Spring (unless it's raining) the meat would dry normally, in Winter and Summer faster (when snowing in Winter meat would dry real fast and in summer during hot day the meat/jerky could get cooked while on a drying rack) and during rain slower.

Don't complain to me about complexity! It's science!

Or we could start canning our own food the winter! We make tin cans, some preservatives and our own labels! Then when winter comes we get a tin opener and have ourselves a feast!

Imagine canning up loads of food and then in a crucial situtation there isn't enough flint for the opener left...

Morgue entry - Lack of opener XD

Imagine canning up loads of food and then in a crucial situtation there isn't enough flint for the opener left...

Morgue entry - Lack of opener XD

I know right!

It's raining, your starving...and the tin opener slips out your hand and a mole eats it...

The end...try again.

Or we could start canning our own food the winter! We make tin cans, some preservatives and our own labels! Then when winter comes we get a tin opener and have ourselves a feast!

If you did canning while sanity was too low, would those have botulism?

If you did canning while sanity was too low, would those have botulism?

Oh yes, you must be quiet sane to do some food canning; you might accidentally make the cans out of lead rather than tin...that would be an accident waiting to happen!

Oh yes, you must be quiet sane to do some food canning; you might accidentally make the cans out of lead rather than tin...that would be an accident waiting to happen!

Ah, the glorious history of canned foods... maybe Alchemy Engine could unlock "Improved Canned Food, now with aluminum cans!" for more taste, less lead poisoning.

Ah, the glorious history of canned foods... maybe Alchemy Engine could unlock "Improved Canned Food, now with aluminum cans!" for more taste, less lead poisoning.

Only the question remains where you'd take either material from, since the only minerals you get are gold and nitre :razz:

Archived