Please rethink the idea of ​​a single seed on new trees

as a single seed you can not propagate the trees just might change them around, moreover if u eat the seed'll be contributing to their extinction.
and also we can not forget the wildfires...

I have some suggestions
*the tree could have two but only one edible seed
*a system random number seed drop
*a station with increased seed production (spring?)
*a system similar to the reproduction of seed farm using catcoons

well that's it sorry for my english.

do not let the biome autumn die!!! :encouragement:

Yeah. I'll agree that getting 2 or 3 birchnuts from a birchnut tree is slightly ridiculous, but absolutely nerfing birchnut trees to being a finite resource like saplings or grass is absurd. I would actually like to have a nice birchnut tree farm, but with the current drop rate, it's impossible to really make it work.

*a system similar to the reproduction of seed farm using catcoons

If I can just steal this idea for a moment...

Possibly Catcoons climb a tree, get a seed and then plant it somewhere by themselves?

Isn't the number of seeds seasonal? At least before the full release I was getting 2 birchnuts in the fall and 1 inedible (till cooked) in the spring. That's all I've experienced.

Doesn't appear so.  I started a new game in autumn after the update and have only gotten one seed per adult tree.  Cutting down smaller trees doesn't yeild any at all.

I would like to see at least a random chance at getting two, myself.

• Developer

The change to the birchnut tree drops was quite deliberate: we want you to make a choice between replanting the tree and not starving (the stats on the roasted birchnut will likely get tuned further and there will probably be some crockpot uses for it). In the next update, there will be a way to replenish the trees. But it will come at a price ;)

In the next update, there will be a way to replenish the trees. But it will come at a price ;)

Meaning you'll have to fight the deciduous treeguard for them maybe?  If he's like a regular treeguard though, you'll have to cut down like 50 trees to get one of them to spawn, so your net outcome might still be a loss.

The change to the birchnut tree drops was quite deliberate: we want you to make a choice between replanting the tree and not starving (the stats on the roasted birchnut will likely get tuned further and there will probably be some crockpot uses for it). In the next update, there will be a way to replenish the trees. But it will come at a price ;)

thats exactly what i got from that! make a choice re grow or starve. i always choose re grow unless I'm just starting a world and need to eat. but on the other hand i hate to see these trees go extinct its a hard choice. both play through wise and developer (klei) wise

Damn you and your vague answers, Seth! :p

nothing like the old coniferous trees. live and learn on this game another good strong point of DS

I made my base miles away from any birch, and the one I went to had barely 20 trees.

I had a beefalo hat, but it was still a risky affair. I had to burn down some to survive.

I was miffed when I found out, having made a forest near my base out of them.

hey you might know the answer to this. ok if your no where near your base during summer can it still combust into flames? very important info. i usually live off the fat of the land in dangerous seasons

hey you might know the answer to this. ok if your no where near your base during summer can it still combust into flames? very important info. i usually live off the fat of the land in dangerous seasons

When a certain distance away from stuff, the game 'pauses' that area. So let's say you have a beefalo herd, if you're too far away it won't grow while your gone. Your base falls under the same rule. Meaning it depends how close you are to it.

At least, that's what I think happens, I can't remember where the knowledge came from.

When a certain distance away from stuff, the game 'pauses' that area. So let's say you have a beefalo herd, if you're too far away it won't grow while your gone. Your base falls under the same rule. Meaning it depends how close you are to it.

At least, that's what I think happens, I can't remember where the knowledge came from.

Its been changed so some things are different. Things still move to places, but smallbirds don't hatch until you arrive for instance.

Archived