Loving my new racoon cat pet thing that hunts for me ;)

G4MR

This thing is awesome, I'm just trying to fully understand it at the moment, but it's great to spawn by them.

Some some clarifications of this mob after testing:

• They will eat/play with certain items on the ground such as flowers, newly planted trees (completely destroyed) so don't let it follow you near your new tree farm
  • They jump on two birchnut trees (so far not sure if other trees work) then cough up loot: Tumbleweed (fur ball? lol), live rabbit, rot, wet goop, rope? Seems like an alternative to tumbleweed spawner.
  • They can kill birds if you walk ahead of a bird or if a bird lands it'll jump and kill it.
  • They don't take berries (im assuming fruit) as food, just meat like pigs to become your friend (follow you)
  • Reported: Killing them gets you a cat cap or 1 thing of meat.
  • They have a spawner that's displayed on the map, I'm assuming it's a spawner.  Wondering if you can create more spawners.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

This thing is awesome, I'm just trying to fully understand it at the moment, but it's great to spawn by them.

Things I know:

• They farm those trees for food? Not sure needs more testing
  • Kills birds for you if you lead it in.
  • Doesn't eat berries, likes meat.

So they kill birds for you and they get birch nuts from trees?

So they kill birds for you and they get birch nuts from trees?

I think it's like an alternative to tumbleweed, they jump on two trees and then cough up some random loot.  Got twigs from one and a rabbit from another, it spit up a furball? haha tumbleweed  Going to need a bit more testing to see how it works.

I think it's like an alternative to tumbleweed, they jump on two trees and then cough up some random loot.  Got twigs from one and a rabbit from another.  Going to need a bit more testing to see how it works.

Never knew it did stuff like that for you

if you kill it. does it respawn later? very important question....

I think so because there's a spawner icon on the map similar to spiders and pigmen, but I haven't tested/checked to see how long it takes.  WIll do experimenting on dry runs later. 

If you were to wall in your berry farm and trap a catcoon in there, he could kill those pesky gobblers for you!

Cats and killing those berry stealing, mandrake eating turkeys... those are two of my favorite things!

Archived