Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

This is a new item from the update.

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING summer comes after spring, right? The spring giant drops a feather that cools you down. Spring comes after winter, if i remember correctly. Which means the umbrella drops from deerclops, which it does. So the item that the bearger (autumn) drops which is a really warm piece of clothing. Winter comes after autumn.

Yus I know it comes with the update but I think I misinterpreted, I was actually asking if it has been a drop for a while (ever since the DLC was available) or not, because it is the first time I ever got it. I still gotta see what it does

Guys, the dragonfly drops Scalemail! Its a really powerful armor that absorbs like a ton of damage or something (took only 8 damage from deerclops per hit.)

Yus I know it comes with the update but I think I misinterpreted, I was actually asking if it has been a drop for a while (ever since the DLC was available) or not, because it is the first time I ever got it. I still gotta see what it does

Probably just a 100% water resistance umbrella that lasts pretty much forever.

It is new to this update.

• Developer

Cheers, I thought this was the 'final' content update, the next would be bug fixes

It was indeed. A couple things slipped and we hope to get them into the next update as we transition into (mostly) bug fixing, balance and polish.

It is new to this update.

Alright!

Guys, the dragonfly drops Scalemail! Its a really powerful armor that absorbs like a ton of damage or something (took only 8 damage from deerclops per hit.)

Probably just a 100% water resistance umbrella that lasts pretty much forever.

I'll check that out when Spring comes

Holy crap, scalemail? SCALEMAIL? Awesome. Must use with Wigfrid, nice info!

Alright!

I'll check that out when Spring comes

Holy crap, scalemail? SCALEMAIL? Awesome. Must use with Wigfrid, nice info!

Dragonfly is the summer giant. Just in case you wanted to know :-)

Willing to bet that umbrella has like 99.9% water resistance and lasts for 10 years before breaking.

It was indeed. A couple things slipped and we hope to get them into the next update as we transition into (mostly) bug fixing, balance and polish.

So no...*wimper* clockwork pawns or backstory reveals?

Excuse me SethR, there is a corner that is calling me to cry by it.

Dragonfly is the summer giant. Just in case you wanted to know :-)

Willing to bet that umbrella has like 99.9% water resistance and lasts for 10 years before breaking.

Yeah I knew that :)

I am using the eyebrella right now;

Actually the eyebrella loses 1% durability every 40 seconds, but it does offer lots of water resistance.

Only the bearger is kinda weak. Moose is only strong against the player as it can make them drop their weapon.

Kinda dissappointing. He really looked kinda strong...

Now all my hopes for autumn becoming more difficult are gone. :(

• Developer

Only the bearger is kinda weak. Moose is only strong against the player as it can make them drop their weapon.

The Bearger is in a bit in between behaviour sets right now. He should be more of a threat next update. 

There really is barely anything i set to none, like 2 things. (Wildfires are one of them.) I will probably just put the autumn giant in the next update to less. (If it's not too bad, i'll keep it on default)

I assumed this was the case, I was just poking fun. I've read your suggestion to turn the treenut monsters to none like a billion times today.

I sent a pig army against a bearger and deerclops. I had to help out in the deerclops fight but here is the result:

23b1fb2f427ae1f63a62bbac4ae0e3e0.png

Wigfrid would be proud.

After weighing the bosses, I'd rate them in order of easier to hard:

Bearger

Goose

Dragonfly/Deerclops

Just my personal rating mind you.

Edit: I can also confirm that Warg does not have any alert while tracking. However he does appear the instant you find the last track.

I found the Goose brain:

local function LayEgg(inst)
    if not inst.components.entitytracker:GetEntity("egg") and inst.WantsToLayEgg then
        return BufferedAction(inst, nil, ACTIONS.LAYEGG)
    end
end

Know what this means?

Goose lay an egg.

I also found out

0a6a7d708a75db693de259d4bdde0809.png Is called a Mossling. You can spawn them in so that is their name. (*goes to add this to the wiki*)

The badger giant thing is the autumn giant, it basically swipes at you with a medium-speed attack. Kiting seems to work well.

From what i've heard, Dragonfly seems to set everything on fire.

Am I the only one to know that Bearger doesn't just swipe at you, but can disarm you like Goose?

I sent a pig army against a bearger and deerclops. I had to help out in the deerclops fight but here is the result:

23b1fb2f427ae1f63a62bbac4ae0e3e0.png

Wigfrid would be proud.

After weighing the bosses, I'd rate them in order of easier to hard:

Bearger

Goose

Dragonfly/Deerclops

Just my personal rating mind you.

Edit: I can also confirm that Warg does not have any alert while tracking. However he does appear the instant you find the last track.

My rating for the bosses is almost the same, just that deerclops comes before dragonfly.

Archived