Hey, Forumers. You had better find something to eat before night comes...

Battal

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this new story type thing.

• Really cool, have my reputation!
    • It's neat.
    • Eh, meh...
    • Nah.
    • I wish it would die in a muddy ditch, alone, without friends, family, or HOPE!

I can't really bring back someone fully from the dead.  His face got ripped off.

Can you bring me partially back from the dead even though I never died?

This is not an attempt to get in the story I swears.

Let me correct that.  Your face got torn off, and then got exploded.

Let me correct that. His face got torn off, and the being that clawed the face off had dezomorphine soaked in it's claw/tool/whatever, the poisons in it eating away at his flesh, eventually turning him into a meaty carcass.

Let me correct that. His face got torn off, and the being that clawed the face off had dezomorphine soaked in it's claw/tool/whatever, the poisons in it eating away at his flesh, eventually turning him into a meaty carcass.

Which then got exploded.

(Okay, back on topic.)

-quote-

Pecival is the voodoo. Percival is the human. The removal of the 'r' was accidental, but I like to think of it as a representation of how the being in question, in this case the homunculus, has control over the half of a split soul, the removal a sign that a normally indivisible soul cannot be brought back together and things will never be reverted to the peace that has occurred before.

Pecival is the voodoo. Percival is the human. The removal of the 'r' was accidental, but I like to think of it as a representation of how the being in question, in this case the homunculus, has control over the half of a split soul, the removal a sign that a normally indivisible soul cannot be brought back together and things will never be reverted to the peace that has occurred before.

Unless an admin corrects it. :p

Segment 23

"Explanations"

The excited young hound sniffed the rocky floor of the cave, searching for its newest toy.  It caught the doll's scent, and went bounding off after the path.  Soon, it found itself in a familiar chamber.  The place where the doll had last been seen.  Barking happily, it leapt towards the pile of bones in the corner, and began digging through them.  As the doll had stopped showing resistance long ago, the hound expected this to be just another normal day.  So it was, of course, a surprise, when Pecival burst out of the pile, holding a needle made of bone and a thread woven out of skin.

"It's playtime."  The Sentient Voodoo said with a wicked grin.

Maxwell the Once Great sat hunched over his desk, scratching away at his diary with a quill pen.  It was a daily ritual.  The magician convinced himself that the writing helped make the nightmare he was going through easier.  However, it came at a cost.  The ink he used was made from berry juice.  And all things considered, that was a waste; harsh winds were starting to sweep across the island.  Winter would be here soon.  This writing is good for my mind.  Maxwell told himself, over and over.  Unfortunately, not good for his body; for he was too engrossed in his journal that he didn't even see the door open, or the knife in the intruder's hand.

Before he could even react, the blade of the knife was pressing against his throat.  A voice hissed from behind him, "Don't move, or I'll gut you like a fish."  Maxwell did as the attacker said, slowly raising his hands in an 'I surrender' gesture.  "Mr. Battal."  He asked, trying to ignore the knife and just sound like he was making normal conversation.  "Is such barbarism necessary towards your host?"

"Host?"  Battal snorted.  "You call locking us up inside your house hospitality?"

"You're free to leave at any time."  Maxwell said, wincing as the knife bit further into his throat.  "Though I wouldn't recommend it.  And technically, you came here in free will.  You didn't forget my message, did you?"

There was a few moments of tense silence; and then the knife pulled away from Maxwell's windpipe.  He turned his chair around to face The Debul, who still held the knife threateningly.  "I want answers."  He growled.  "How did we end up back here?  Who is Lord H and what does he want from me?  What are those things out there?"

Maxwell rubbed his throat, then shoved a chair next to Battal.  "Have a seat.  And please, drop the knife.  I'm not going to attack you."

Jakob sat down, but refused to throw away the knife, keeping it pointed at Maxwell.  The magician sighed, and began to talk.

"Your first question is...quite simple.  H, or Lord H as his minions call him, brought you here personally.  He has...plans for you.  I will explain this later.  The rest of your friends, I summoned here.  I shall go into further depth later as well."

"The second one is...a bit more complicated.  Back when I was in control, H was just another prisoner here.  He survived longer than anyone else.  After years and years of nightmarish torture, his mind simply snapped, and the only thing he could think about was revenge.  Revenge against me.  He found my hidden portal, and simply smashed through the defenses I had built, destroying everything in his insane rage against me.  H lost every bit of self-preservation, and it made him far, far more dangerous than anyone who has ever been trapped here.  Eventually, he made it to my throne room, and took the mantle of King for himself."

"H brought you here, because he believes that somehow, he can tap into your power and use it for himself and overthrow Them.  If he does this, he will almost surely gain access to the outside world; and a madman with that much power?  I fear what he would use it for.  That is why I summoned the others here.  Without them, you would stand no chance against H's forces."

Battal snorted for the second time at that last statement.  "I don't need babysitters to keep myself alive."

Maxwell tilted his head to the side.  "Really?"  He asked in mock surprise.  "From what I've seen, you would be dead right now if not for them."

Jakob considered this for a few moments, then realized Max was right.  "Fine.  Whatever.  Continue."

"The creatures you speak of are lapis lorem.  I'm sure you've heard of the elemental hounds?  They were created when I put gems into hounds.  The lorem are like that; normal creatures granted powers by the gems.  It sometimes causes some...grotesque mutations."

"Hm."  Battal said, thinking.  "Well, then you should probably know that some of them are outside."

Edited by Lord_Battal
  • Like 5