True LAN Coop - Proposition

Crynux

I really love the idea for DS multiplayer so I have a suggestion for donations

can we use patreon payment system ?

official website http://www.patreon.com/

Very interesting, I was thinking of using Paypal by itself, but this might be a better option. I don't have time at the moment to look into it, but I will definitely check it out when I get home later today.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Hi! I'm really excited to see this be completed and I was thinking that a chat wouldn't be necessary because I would assume people would be playing with a small group of friends which they could easily be on skype or teamspeak. Also the option where the items would be saved by each character sounds like a really solid idea because that can easily be established between the group of friends on skype or something.

and thank you for taking your time out of your studies to do this!

Hi! I'm really excited to see this be completed and I was thinking that a chat wouldn't be necessary because I would assume people would be playing with a small group of friends which they could easily be on skype or teamspeak. Also the option where the items would be saved by each character sounds like a really solid idea because that can easily be established between the group of friends on skype or something.

and thank you for taking your time out of your studies to do this!

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

For chat, we have a simple system setup where you click buttons to make your character say a short message. This removes the complications of a full chat system, yet allows for communication among players if they have no other way.

The item saving is something that will be established a little further. We still have a bit more synchronization to do, and which method we pick will be determined by what makes the most sense. As for now, we'd likely just store things on the player, eventually we may get to a password situation, so you can be sure your stuff is safe if playing on a public server.

Thanks for the interest and comments!

-Crynux

when this mod will be released?? it's the most amazing thing i heard on forum a multiplayer finally i can play with my friends ..yay!!

keep this good work ;)  :wilson_cool:

Thanks! No set date on a release yet... will be starting development again in a few days, have to move temporarily.

-Crynux

That 6 year old laptop is now ALSO my hero for showing my son and I a hopefull future where we can move from playing DS side by side and screenwatching to enjoying real multiplayer!

You guys made our month with that video thanks! Your mod will make the game worth buying for al my friends who refused beause it was single player only. then ill be able to play with them too.

A bright future awaits you when you finish this mod. Also if you were able to make it work for the DLC thats would be great too. My son thanks you so much for making this mod!!!!!!!!!!

when will the release of the awesome mod happen any time soon i can test the stuff if you want its fun trying to find bugs 

He has stated before that hopefully beta will be released sometime during the summer.

Also only a few pages back he stated:

"...No set date on a release yet... will be starting development again in a few days, have to move temporarily."

That 6 year old laptop is now ALSO my hero for showing my son and I a hopefull future where we can move from playing DS side by side and screenwatching to enjoying real multiplayer!

You guys made our month with that video thanks! Your mod will make the game worth buying for al my friends who refused beause it was single player only. then ill be able to play with them too.

A bright future awaits you when you finish this mod. Also if you were able to make it work for the DLC thats would be great too. My son thanks you so much for making this mod!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, and thank you for the comments. I've finally somewhat settled in after moving for the summer. I hope to get back to working on the mod in the next few days... hopefully tomorrow.

I'm glad you and your son are excited for the mod, I do plan to finish it, even though it will take quite some time, and a ton of work. It's getting there though.

I saw they released the dlc for standalone, so fingers crossed it can be done!!

I haven't looked into it yet, but I will probably take a peek at the standalone of the DLC in the next few days, and see if it has LuaSockets. If it does, then a version for the DLC is possible!

Im dealing with tests also but i want to see this mod go all the way i want klei to add this mod when its finished to mods when you download the game 

I hadn't thought of it being added to the mods section in the actual game. That would be a nice addition to the mod!

Thanks to all for comments and support!

-Crynux

I can't believe there are still people that want a co-op mode for this game...

If you look at the most downloaded mod for DS

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/category/3-game-modifications/?dosort=1&sort_key=file_downloads&sort_order=desc

you will see over 100,000 people have downloaded a co-op mod for this game, it should not be too hard to understand how many people want an mp version of DS ;)

I don't think co-op is the way to go with this game, I think a Hunger Games-esque multiplayer would suit it better. IMO

No hunger games is not the way to go its funny how it just was made when the hunger games books came out when multiplayer games go back so far its not even funny. Multiplayer all the way no hunger games crap.

If you look at the most downloaded mod for DS

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/category/3-game-modifications/?dosort=1&sort_key=file_downloads&sort_order=desc

you will see over 100,000 people have downloaded a co-op mod for this game, it should not be too hard to understand how many people want an mp version of DS ;)

I just don't know what to say...

None of the great/imaginative mods are in the top 5...ridiculous.

Archived