The Binding Of Isaac Thread

DwerBomb

So, on my first run, a trapdoor showed up after I blowed up a tnt barrel (too bad I died on the boss and didnt enter it T-T stupid Dingle)

Has this happened to you too? What did I miss? I suspect it was just a trapdoor to the next floor, but one never knows.

So, on my first run, a trapdoor showed up after I blowed up a tnt barrel (too bad I died on the boss and didnt enter it T-T stupid Dingle)

Has this happened to you too? What did I miss? I suspect it was just a trapdoor to the next floor, but one never knows.

If the trap door has a ladder it will lead down to an area that will ether give you an item or lead to the black market.

I'm done with the super secret character. Unless I somehow need to play it again for a missing achievement or feeling masochistic it's gonna be awhile before I will play it again :razz:

attachicon.gif2014-11-10_00013.jpg

124/178 secrets atm...

YOU ARE A REBIRTH GOD!

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS! (as in tips and stuffs, cus I want to beat da game as The Lost and unlock his stuff)

YOU ARE A REBIRTH GOD!

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS! (as in tips and stuffs, cus I want to beat da game as The Lost and unlock his stuff)

Well for one, knowing enemy patterns is a good start. Take Dingle for example. He has about 3 patterns he can do. First of is the whistle. This summons two tiny poops AND makes him shoot 3 bullets in your current direction right after they are spawned. Then there's him laughing. He will shoot 3 bullets in your direction after he's done laughing. And finally Dingle looks as if he's pooping (heh). He will charge in your direction, three times, after which he is exhausted. Every time his charge begins, he charges to your last location. Of course there are many more enemies with their own patterns, but taking Dingle as an example since apparently people have trouble with him. Did you know you can cheese the first mom boss fight by standing or flying right next to a door, out of hand reach? She will not try to stomp you but only use her hand attack, though be careful of potential enemies closing in. This doesn't work on Red Mom btw! I could give you a lot of specific tips for about all the bosses, but maybe that's something for another post, there's already walls o text coming your way!

Then there's knowledge of items and item synergies (and potential bad item combinations). Some items might seem like crap at first, like the unicorn stump, but coupled together with another item (orbitals) they might be the next great thing. Same with dr Fetus. Ipecac + Dr Fetus is one of my favourite item combo's, giving you poison bombs that explode when they touch an enemy. For that spoiled secret character however, there's a few items that work really well for him. Gnawed leaf plus Gemini for example, should be capable of clearing The Chest/ The [REDACTED] with just a little bit of risk. Spoiler alert about dealing with a new final boss:

I was able to take no damage on the Lamb with Gnawed Leaf plus a high damage dealing mom's knife. The fight has two phases, and it required me to position myself close to the boss for the first phase, turn into stone, and wait untill the second phase. It's head will now detach from it's body, so I took the little time it took for the animation to stop to position myself to the other side of the room, so the head would float towards my knife. after the head died I could now safely knife the body and end the fight. I will most likely use this tactic to get the Dead Boy achievement, once it's fixed.

Unicorn stump plus a cube of meat, or preferably a sacrificial dagger, should be capable of dealing with most rooms and bosses. Enter a room, pop the stump, collide in all enemies in the room, clear the room, repeat untill beaten the final boss of choice. Or heck, to be extra safe: Gnawed Leaf + Mom's Knife + orbital(s) + 9Volt + Unicorn Stump. Go to town with the stump and your orbitals and knife, then idle untill your charge is ready.

Personally, I like to obtain at least a few damage upgrades during my runs. Sure, you could overcome anything even with crappy damage, but it's just not worth it. Taking a longer time to kill/dodge things = more chance to die. I also reset runs untill I get a good starting item, again damage upgrades or potentially great means of attacking are preferred(mom's knife, ipecac, polyphemus etc). Even more so in hard mode.

Try playing all the characters aswell, don't just stick to one or you might get too comfy with flying, great damage or the D6 right from the start :razz:. Challenges are also a great way to practise different scenarios, like getting used to dealing indirect damage through orbitals or familiars, or Ipecac with my reflection... That's a few general tips for you, feel free to ask for specific advice if needed  ;)

I just had the best eve run ever! I got guppy on the caves 1! Thanks to the paw i was able to stay at 0 hearts for the polaroid invinsiblity! With this run i also managed to get Dead Boy!

A triple Greed room ruined my Dead Boy run. I am salty, since I was able to beat the post Sheol boss without getting hit at all and the room I took damage in is one of the easier ones. :( I had 6 flawless runs before the achievement got fixed, but cannot accomplish it again for some reason.

A triple Greed room ruined my Dead Boy run. I am salty, since I was able to beat the post Sheol boss without getting hit at all and the room I took damage in is one of the easier ones. :( I had 6 flawless runs before the achievement got fixed, but cannot accomplish it again for some reason.

I had an emperor card and a book of shadows so that made my dead boy run very easy!

Maybe your build was not high enough damage for the achievement though, in my run i was clearing rooms in a second or 2.

I've just realised something...

Shouldn't the black champion versions become at intervals invisible? I remember a monday update about champion variants, and I remember the black ones were supposed to become invisible...while actually they don't.

That's a bug, right?

Archived