So much fail as of late DX

INSANITY TIME. Finally got the Shadow Manipulator. And meat effigy.

Wow. Turns out the area I thought was a dead end(and the perfect place to develop a permanent base), is actually right next to a giant swamp biome. Good thing I need papyrus. My luck is getting better this time around.

Sadly, I had to use TMI to get rotten eggs for gunpowder. Because TehMiscellanies makes it so that eggs don't rot. *sigh* Oh well.

And before you complain about me using mods, I still die a lot. I'd never get anywhere without them.

Okay, so I made my first trip down into the caves. Definitely not ready. I lost an active touchstone because literally, the first second i got into the caves, DEPTH WORMS. I got one-shotted because I didn't have the time to switch to combat gear. And then I nearly froze because my winter gear was in the caves. Yes, t'was winter. Only by the stretch of some honey did I heat myself up enough to just barely get back down to the caves, get my stuff back in a seriously messed up game of cat and mouse, and beat the Depth Worms.

And those bastards were pretty much the worst thing that happened, short of going insane and hunting for lots of green cap shroomz. After a mystery crash, finding myself nowhere near the next level of cave, I headed back up. Hopefully, I can sit out the rest of winter above-ground. Next summer, i'll begin carving out a base.

I haven't made a trip to caves since before Six Feet Under. And It's day 140-something. And I also have a marble suit from something like day 4 from a skeleton.

Also, here's what I did with my world.

Lots of boons because discovery is fun.

NO DEERCLOPS 'CAUSE HE'S A BUTT AND A HALF!!!

Long summer otherwise there's no time to do anything.

Less gobbler 'cause

GAWD DAYUM.

And my mods are:

Wren the Stormcaller(I still play Wilson mainly)

Backpack And Amulet Slots

Too Many Items(for testing and stupid accidental sacrifices)

WOOD the OverPower(also for testing)

Summons

So that's me. I don't know how to post images or take screenshots but when I do I'll post a pic of my base.

The funny thing is that my first death in ds(before even caves exist),happens to be by tallbird in the 6th day.Damn it,i couldnt escape it :p
Second attempt i made it to 70 days with plan then died cause i didnt give caution to the upcoming Winter.
Third attempt(everytime with Wilson),i made it to 250 days and finished adventure mode after a few attempts to learn the tips of each world.

The key to survive in Don't Starve is to have a plan till the first Winter.That means that u need to gather a loooot of resources,dont stop for nothing,gather everything that you need for a basic base(science n alchemy engines,crock pots,fireplace,materials food food food etc),make a base in a strategic map point (near something like pig village to be protected by hound waves,close distance to food and supplies etc),make some bee boxes before winter so u can have a resource to heal u from fights,prepare and invent the mandatory items for the first cruel winter(heatstone,winter hat),also be near if possible to some trees for wood supply and when u cut some of em plant em again to create ur mini forest for supplies(beware of treeguards,dont trees near forest like a maniac :p ),avoid long distance travels at first winter especially... if **** happens like a hound wave in the night miles away from ur base chances r that u will die from cold,running in the winter night.Also make a meaty effigy if you are able at ur base.After you pass the first winter keep upgrading your base and create defense systems like tooth traps for hound waves.
If u manage to do it right u can survive infinit in survival mode.Read the dont starve wiki about animals,items,methods etc.The key in Dont Starve is knowledge of the mechanism of the game :)

Winter season cave exploration.When you leave the cave after many days on the cave,in the surface hound will waiting for you for sure.So first of all,go in the cave in the beginning of the day,so when you go outside it should be day.Second,before u leave,warm up the heatstone and wear something to protect ur self from cold.When u go outside run a fast as possible to ur base tooth traps or near something to protect you from hounds like a beffalo party.

I feel you man I just get into these DS slumps where I just die so quick no matter what. One week this summer...

Wilson Day 14 forgot to put my log suit on while fighting Koelefont

Wolfgang day 32 Killed during a killer bee gang war

however we all get good at the game again

Decided to try a new game. Do all the stuff Nyx suggests, and on the final day before the end of the first winter, somehow get stuck between spiders and hound at night. I didn't...end well there.

Sometimes the game just want to make you its beoach, no matter what your experience. Heck, I didn't even have a birdcage and was expertly getting pengull eggs galore all winter, but it was just not meant to be. 

Past day 80. Perhaps I will finally reach day 100.

Also, found a giant section of rock biome(with rocky turf for cobblestonez). Perhaps I will finally get a foothold. Also, Mighty Wolfgang+Dark Sword=OP. 1-shotting spiders. Sweeeet. And the rocky area is so full of spiders, I already have 4 eggs.)

I still prefer my method of strategically losing bits of map to spiders. Yes it's strategic. I choose what parts of the map to lose. I have a 360+ day world where I've been strategically losing swamp to spider queens, specifically I've been moving queens into a field-of-reeds-full-of-tentacles trap. I have two chests of heads and there's five more I can't reach yet.

Yet.

Actually that's the only thing (and bees in any number and any type) she can kill without getting involved into the fight (not counting pigs / beefalos / spiders with spider queen hat / lobsters feed with rocks etc that can fight with you or for you). I had no problem on her soloing several depth worms with no help and no kitting, just cycle ghost armor and football helmets with couple dark swords with a lamp on ground :)

Actually that's the only thing (and bees in any number and any type) she can kill without getting involved into the fight (not counting pigs / beefalos / spiders with spider queen hat / lobsters feed with rocks etc that can fight with you or for you). I had no problem on her soloing several depth worms with no help and no kitting, just cycle ghost armor and football helmets with couple dark swords with a lamp on ground :-)

What are you talking about?

Archived