All's Well that Maxwell - (All Platforms, October 22 2013)

Bryce

Ok Klei, I am really annoyed at you at this moment. Previous to this update it was possible to manually alter the settings and achieve full screen mode for win XP. It seems like that is no longer possible. For the love of Maxwell, please address this.

Well never mind, I was able to get it working by changing the refresh rate. So this problem aside, thank you!

The only thing more terrifying than the Screecher was watching a pack of Hounds run over my field of new tooth traps unharmed. I couldn't even get a Pig to trigger them. Is there some new trick to setting the tooth traps?

They are "placeable" objects (like crockpots and firepits) now. You'll probably have to re-place them.

@Stanima

Weird my game on other hand started to lag much more than it used,actually it was running smoother.I will probably re-install game and start from start because everything is fine with my GPU drivers,directx and net framework as with hardware itself.I will re-edit if anything after i do this changes if its matter to anyone.And to point out that my game only lagged when i do something crazy like light very very big forest and light effects go crazy,otherwise it never did lag.

Never mind i solved problem.

• Developer

The only thing more terrifying than the Screecher was watching a pack of Hounds run over my field of new tooth traps unharmed. I couldn't even get a Pig to trigger them. Is there some new trick to setting the tooth traps?

They are deployable now, so that they don't auto-set when you drop them. Existing fields should have still worked, though...

• Developer

@Stanima

Weird my game on other hand started to lag much more than it used,actually it was running smoother.I will probably re-install game and start from start because everything is fine with my GPU drivers,directx and net framework as with hardware itself.I will re-edit if anything after i do this changes if its matter to anyone.And to point out that my game only lagged when i do something crazy like light very very big forest and light effects go crazy,otherwise it never did lag.

Never mind i solved problem.

Just out of curiosity - what was the problem?

ESS 7 (Eset Smart Security 7),for some reason it is  devouring my RAM and also fails to release physical memory (it runs up to 250MB) once it is done with some operation if my pc is running for a quite some time,to make things worse it didn't enter in game mode and it should have when i started Don't Starve.Also ESS lately has bad habit to somehow invoke lssas,exe (Local Security Authentication Server) which  goes up to 350MB of RAM and also slowing down everything.So its nothing on your end :-) I will just change AV because as much as i am impressed with ESS 7 improvements i am also very very disappointed on how poor it is optimized compare to previous versions.

Thanks a lot for this great update, have been enjoying Don't Starve a lot, mod and controller support and everything, you are are great!

Thank you for dedicating so much work to your players making a great game, I'm glad I bought it. 

Congratulations!

HI, im sorry if this has been addressed already, but im in a MAJOR "BUG"
situtation here.

Im running the latest build 88237. Standalone Version.

When i enter the game i notice that sometimes the top left news section flickers
and disappear completely.

FKTjg9E.jpg

The major bug is in the Screecher Mod.

It SIMPLY DOES NOTHING...
I click it and it shows me a dialog box asking me to restart the game or - supposedly -
cancel the mod launching process altogether. Since it's supposed to be a mod,
i looked into the mods folder and i have nothing but the basic default mods,
the ones who supposedly are old modding examples.

Furthermore i've searched the main Don't Starve folder for: *screech*.*
It returns zero matches.

Vatg1Nx.jpg

So:
The news info display disappearing from the main game window is a feature or a bug?
Is the Screecher Mod supposed to be on the Standalone version at all ? Or am i on a bug nightmare here?

tnx

;)

Should really put up a notice that says that going through the teleportato doesn't reset the days anymore. People are getting confused.

I submitted a bug fix warning Klei since the last build and as you can see:

This is actually not a planned feature change.

Not sure what happened to cause this issue to be occurring, but I've let the programmers know about the issue and it is being discussed.

Thanks!

this was unplanned. 

Edit:

This reply was the response so far:

Yeah, I commented in the other thread as well. I apologize, but this wasn't a planned feature change, but just a result of one of the other changes\fixes that we made. That's why it was not part of the Update Notes.

In terms of the current functionality, despite it not being a planned change, we're likely going to keep the current functionality so that people can keep their accumulated amount of days, along with the added challenge that goes along with it.

Archived