I love my Mandrake

Hi there guys,

I recently generated a new world and I'm currently building my camp. While exploring I just found 3 mandrakes and as usual I'll probably end up taking then to my camp. The problem is how to "protect" and avoid them being eaten.

Do turkeys still eat them even in the ground? With the new update pigs are more "greedy" than ever, are they also a threat to my little pets?

Please post if you guys have any solution on how to keep them around my camp protected.

P.s. I hardly encourage devs to make these rare plants a bit more "invulnerable" regarding animals.

cheers ;)

They will follow you. Surround yourself with trees to make a base and have no bushes. No bushes = no turkeys. Problem solved.

That doesn't work anymore. Trees (and other objects that could work as walls, like chests and pig houses) can no longer be placed close together.

its brought ;)

I never actually played around with mandrakes much. i always put a trap down when i find one, so it shows on the map, but ultimately i tend to dig em up during the day and cook em in the crockpot with carrots, IF i do anything with them.

Omg, how could I forgot 'brought' brainfart I guess. Edit: I looked it up and bring brang brung is correct aswel. Interesting.

Anyway mandrakes are super cute. And it is lame just to eat them :)

Edited by rojvol

After an epic journey I brang (is that correct spelling?) some mandrakes to my base... then went searching for others for 8 days - come back and they were all gone :'( SCREW you gobblers!!!

Worry not, I'm developing a highly deadly poison and spread it all over... the problem is that it affects everyone....it is commonly known as fire ;)

i have found a way to keep madrakes alive if you have more than one. if you cook a mandrake when you have mandrakes following you the following mandrakes will replant themselves. I found this when i found 3 all in one area wich means i probably have no more but thats how i found out. note this might work out with sleep roll

Omg, how could I forgot 'brought' brainfart I guess. Edit: I looked it up and bring brang brung is correct aswel. Interesting.

Anyway mandrakes are super cute. And it is lame just to eat them :)

How is it lame? Do you even realize what mandrake soup provides?