Six Feet Under's Puzzle Discuss Thread

oSevenzo

That )-shaped symbol looks like "5" to me.

On second thought, the supposed 5 looks like two symbols: one that looks like V, and the crescent-shaped one, which also appears on the page of the book, hanging next to the circus poster.

gOJd90s.jpg?1

So far I can kind of read "stop", "must", "zov(?)" and a weird ")" shaped symbol.

The "o" in "zov"(?) looks like incantation symbol.

sWxr5ad.png?1

"Wow, I was up really late last night with my rambly headcanon post. It probably wasn't very coherent, but I may as well check to see what people thoug-"

That..that was brilliant. I mean sure we have one puzzle left but when you really think about it all adds up maxwell doing something to Charlie and then sucking himself in Don't Starves World.

You've won my respect madam.

now that's the best explanation yet!

lots of likes, etc

*violently spits drink*

you should probley think about takeing up writing if you haven't already. 

*just got another drink*

*spits that one too*

Writing something sounds like it would be a blast, but I've never really considered it. I have an art thread, but I would feel so self conscious writing something. Cause what if it was utter crap! What then. Dishonor on me, dishonor on my cow, dishonor on my whole family, that's what. 

And it was quite tasty food at that, good sir. However, I don't think the symbols on the pages tell us anything particularly interesting.

attachicon.gifglyphs.png

attachicon.gifdecrypt.png

Edit: Misread a word, resulting in translation error. "Insanium," meaning crazy or insane. Not "insomniam," meaning watching. My bad.

Glad you like my mental food. I had fun cooking it :3 

As for the symbols... ah, well. It was a shot in the dark anyway. I just thought the parchment symbol repetition between the two posters and the room formed an interesting connection, even if it is irrelephant. Ir-koalaphant? Whatever. :grin:

Yeah seriously. that might as well be what the devs have in mind.

That would be...I would be overwhelmed, to say the least, if my guess was even close.

And by overwhelmed, I mean doing cartwheels. This is made more impressive due to the fact that I have never, ever been successful in completing a cartwheel.

Ever. 

Still, even if I did get it right, it would probably feel a little something like this

"Congratulations! You correctly predicted the ironic misery two of your favorite characters are going to experience. And now, it's going to happen, and there's nothing you can do about it. Except watch them suffer, of course. But hey, you were right! Aren't you proud of yourself? Hooray for you. Here's a gold star, pal."

....T_T 

A theory of the book labled Opis (specification):  Maybe They were giving Maxwell directions through it?

Oh, I have no doubt at all that this is what they were doing. I think the book is a trap of sorts. The unwary get their hands on it and start learning the magic within, but don't realize that They have a hidden agenda. They want you to learn enough to transport yourself (or in this case, I imagine, Maxwell transported Charlie) into the DS world. Then they put you on the Nightmare Throne.

My question is, why? How does trapping a mortal in such a manner benefit Them? It can't be just for shits and giggles.

Oh, I have no doubt at all that this is what they were doing. I think the book is a trap of sorts. The unwary get their hands on it and start learning the magic within, but don't realize that They have a hidden agenda. They want you to learn enough to transport yourself (or in this case, I imagine, Maxwell transported Charlie) into the DS world. Then they put you on the Nightmare Throne.

My question is, why? How does trapping a mortal in such a manner benefit Them? It can't be just for shits and giggles.

I've always thought that They feed on the sanity of those they trap.

you should probley think about takeing up writing if you haven't already.

Yes also think it was fantastically explained, well written m'lady.

At this point, it's clear he has gone mad. Everything about this puzzle should be taken with a grain of salt.

You simply lack the vision, the solution is so...clear this way, It means....

* Is suddenly eaten by a Charlie the Grue, and is just as suddenly spat back out, forgetting everything. Sorry this joke was in such...[dons shades] bad taste 

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [CUE CSI MIAMI]  ;) *

Care to explain her involvement in all of this then?

I just don't like when people call her "just the beginner character". I mean, I haven't seen anything about Wilson either, and nothing specific about say, WX, Wickerbottom...

That would be...I would be overwhelmed, to say the least, if my guess was even close.

And by overwhelmed, I mean doing cartwheels. This is made more impressive due to the fact that I have never, ever been successful in completing a cartwheel.

Ever. 

Still, even if I did get it right, it would probably feel a little something like this

"Congratulations! You correctly predicted the ironic misery two of your favorite characters are going to experience. And now, it's going to happen, and there's nothing you can do about it. Except watch them suffer, of course. But hey, you were right! Aren't you proud of yourself? Hooray for you. Here's a gold star, pal."

....T_T 

Totally irrelevant to the topic at hand, but...if you've really never considered writing, this is proof you should. xD)b

Archived