October 1st Public Preview Discussion. (Updated Sept 30th)

Bryce

• Developer

I love the controller support. I am using a xbox 360 controller and everything feels great, but i cant seem to get the crock pot to cook once i put food in it. how do i highlight that option with the controller? 

In the current build... you can't. I *just* added support for that this morning. The button won't be there, and you'll be able to Alt-Action it (B by default) from the outside.

Just confirmed, controller support is awesome

Also it works fine with my PS3 controller and the MotionInJoy software.

Cool! Glad you're enjoying it.

So did you have to set up your own bindings in-game, or does MotionInJoy make it look like an xbox controller?

In the current build... you can't. I *just* added support for that this morning. The button won't be there, and you'll be able to Alt-Action it (B by default) from the outside.

Cool! Glad you're enjoying it.

So did you have to set up your own bindings in-game, or does MotionInJoy make it look like an xbox controller?

The motioninjoy software is pretty much lets you emulate a xbox controller with a ps3 controller. All I had to do was plug it in, and it worked great! So far I haven't changed any bindings, they all seem well thought out. Thanks!

What are you guys' thoughts on the Worm Light?

A pity it spoils and is not stackable, especially the former makes it less ideal to kill the worm for a drop and not out of self defence.. It would be better if it at least didn't spoil.

Come to think of it, maybe the worm could drop a random item upon death on top of the monster meat/ wormlight? As if it devoured something random, ranging from flint to thulecite to slurper skin. A wide variety with higher frequency for common items with a chance on rare high tier goodies..

Come to think of it, maybe the worm could drop a random item upon death on top of the monster meat/ wormlight? As if it devoured something random, ranging from flint to thulecite to slurper skin. A wide variety with higher frequency for common items with a chance on rare high tier goodies..

That could work...

controller is indeed awesome, couple of probs though...

-no idea how to zoom in/out (says down on the d-pad in control menu, but doesnt work like that)

-cant burn pine cones for some reason

-also cant see how much health or sanity i have in numbers

btw controller is 360

thx again for the gamepad support

• Developer

Does that mean we can finally target gunpowder with the Fire Staff?

It's for the lazy explorer and starcaller's staff when you're playing with a controller. Previously they would only target the exact location that you're already standing on.

It's for the lazy explorer and starcaller's staff when you're playing with a controller. Previously they would only target the exact location that you're already standing on.

Oh...well since you mentioned those two staffs...can you guys make it so that they don't work when you're trying to place a building? I've wasted many charges when right-clicking to store a structure in the crafting menu...

Edited by TeoSS69
  • Like 1