October 1st Public Preview Discussion. (Updated Sept 30th)

Bryce

i've downloaded from steam the beta and it deleted my saved files :(

The beta build and the original game have different savefiles. Once you opt out of the beta again, be it at a random time or automatically after the patch goes live, you will be able to play your old saves again :)

@Bryce

Are the Spitter's projectiles ever going to be made dodgeable? The Caves and spider hordes are difficult enough without having to put up with an attack that does thirty damage, nearly never misses, and recharges every other second. It's ridiculous, and I can only assume that it's been an unfixed bug, as there's zero decent reasoning to do something like that purposefully.

I can already dodge them.

• I absolutely love it that now I can bring my befriended chess pieces with me to the surface. So happy about this! (heck that is why I suggested it in the last preview build the first place :-) )

I'm excited because i can bring Rock Lobsters in the ruins. Finally a use for the rocks that fall from the earthquakes down there!

@Bryce can the regen option be as a one time use per cave in the next update? Would be great of being able to regen them one last time in old worlds instead of being stuck with the old caves.

Edited by TeoSS69
  • Like 1

@Bryce

Are the Spitter's projectiles ever going to be made dodgeable? The Caves and spider hordes are difficult enough without having to put up with an attack that does thirty damage, nearly never misses, and recharges every other second. It's ridiculous, and I can only assume that it's been an unfixed bug, as there's zero decent reasoning to do something like that purposefully.

They are already dodgeable. They're just not dodgeable once you get close enough.

i got a question: will Ancient Statues, Ancient Guardian and other monsters respawn in the ruins after some period when i kill them? or once i cleared ruins it will over for this one?

It seems the only creatures that will respawn are:

- Splumonkeys(if you do not destroy their barrels)

- Dangling Depth Spiders

- Nightmare creatures

There doesn't seem to be some kind of "wormspawner" so I think the worm is limited aswell...