Which Is The Best Armor In The Game.

Thelucite armor

or snurtle armor

Thelucite armor is pretty sturdy and has a sanity boost with no movement deduction.

While snurtle armor on the other hand has a low default protection

but while inside you get 100% reduction

So that hard hitting deerclops attack is reduced to 7 damage.

And after 5 seconds most mobs throw in the towl.

I guess if you're playing as maxwell its the Night Armour.

The Night Armour drains Sanity by 10/min. Maxwell's perk , gains 20 Sanity per minute...So I think if you're wearing it...You'd still gain sanity? (wearing it but not getting attacked)

Definitely night armor.  Easily renewable, just depends on how many reeds you can get, and the best damage reduction in the game.  Sanity is a non issue even with characters other than maxwell, literally the only threat from it is a couple of hallucinations and if you kill them as they come not only do you get nightmare fuel to make more armor but your sanity gets bumped back up for another minute or so.

Snurtle shell armor is one of the worst armors in the game.  Damage reduction is equivalent to grass, you almost may as well not even be wearing armor.

They all are useful for reducing incoming damage, is only natural as your character / world progresses to shift from log suit + football helmet to more effective / good looking / expensive equipment (some come with a drawback, others with a bonus).

The Marble Suit is for tanking. Standing there and killing things doesn't require you to dance around so the speed decrease is not an issue.

For kiting the best option is the Thulecite Suit unless you don't have sanity problems in which case just go with the Night Armor. Has less durability than the T-Suit but is easier to get and renewable.

Snurtle Shell can be used to tank single enemies and requires a quick finger. Other than that it's just to hide in dire situations and unless you haven't camped near a slurtle mound it's really rare.

Snurtle shell doesn't require quick fingers

If you are using the f key and hovering your mouse over snurtle shell its not that hard.

Log suit hands down.

Well... I mean I suppose it's what you mean when you say "best".

If you mean "best" in terms of just raw stats, then I guess the big 3 win: Night Armour, Marble Suit, or Thulecite Suit.

If "best" means, "I'm going to be using this armor in the sweeping vast majority of combat situations because it just makes sense to do so," then the Log Suit wins.

If nothing else, you're simply not going to want to waste valuable durability being pinged off by common spider bites on the overworld with the big 3... the log suit? You feel no compulsion to not wear it, at least not nearly as much, and should a, for example, marble suit break during combat, we both know that you don't have a stack of marble to remake a new one right then and there, you will probably be going to either run away, or try to craft a log suit in the midst of combat, because it's rare when you don't have the materials for it just sitting in your inventory just based on how useful it is to have spare logs and cut grass on you.

I find the log suit to be the most handy armor in the game, and hence, it's the best IMO.

Well i have to admit, i don't carry the big four (logs, grass, twigs, gold) around anymore so the more durability armor has the best it is, so i rarely will have to replace it in battle (rarely : i forgot to make a new one after this got to 5%). But yeah, it's down to preferences. I go with T-Suit for instance because Wolfgang could use the sanity in combat.

Yeah it really is down to preferences and there are many paths to victory.

Maybe I'm just a tad scatterbrained when I play, but I've been caught out too many times to not carry grass, twigs, and logs, and usually flint.

When I plan any trip that will force me to camp over night away from one of my bases, I will always take the piggy back with the big 4 (as well as fur roll, backup armor / weapon). If I make short trips from which I am positive I will return at dusk, I only carry my season clothing, 1 armor and weapon, walking cane, 1-2 meals and whatever tool I need for wherever I'm headed.

Found out am not using the backpack at all anymore despite piggyback having a penalty to movement speed, but I still keep it filled with big four, armor/weapon/lightsource/heatstone, just in case I have an emergency (I die somewhere randomly on map and the journey there will take more than a day - esp in winter).

Log suit hands down.

Well... I mean I suppose it's what you mean when you say "best".

If you mean "best" in terms of just raw stats, then I guess the big 3 win: Night Armour, Marble Suit, or Thulecite Suit.

If "best" means, "I'm going to be using this armor in the sweeping vast majority of combat situations because it just makes sense to do so," then the Log Suit wins.

If nothing else, you're simply not going to want to waste valuable durability being pinged off by common spider bites on the overworld with the big 3... the log suit? You feel no compulsion to not wear it, at least not nearly as much, and should a, for example, marble suit break during combat, we both know that you don't have a stack of marble to remake a new one right then and there, you will probably be going to either run away, or try to craft a log suit in the midst of combat, because it's rare when you don't have the materials for it just sitting in your inventory just based on how useful it is to have spare logs and cut grass on you.

I find the log suit to be the most handy armor in the game, and hence, it's the best IMO.

agreed, log suits are cheap, versatile in the type of fighting they can do and effective for most types of fighting

Archived