[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

i think he could be good with the rocklobster lua or something

Perfect!

EDIT: I wanted to do some sketches for the Golem, but didn't know which atlas to base it on, you just made my day!

I'll do something with that in the next couple of days.

Edited by lifemare

did you thinked about the lobster lua for the golem before ive written it?

Nope

I was thinking more about the treeguard model for the golem.

Slow moving, durable giant right?

The amount of sprites in a treeguard atlas is great for adding a lot of moving pieces to the Golem, but a freaking hassle.

The simplicity of the RockLobsters and the fact they turn into a rock is a lot more attractive in my opinion.

Do you have any ideas for what behaviours you wanted the Golem to have, debugman18?

• Like 1

and it allows more freedom with the hands

Think about a treeguard with rock lobster mechanics. When you hit it, it re-transforms in a golden block. (treeguard->normal tree) and then after a while comes out and chases you again.

The amount of sprites in a treeguard atlas is great for adding a lot of moving pieces to the Golem, but a freaking hassle.

The simplicity of the RockLobsters and the fact they turn into a rock is a lot more attractive in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of the way the lobster walks...doesn't suit a golem if you ask me...

Edited by TeoSS69

Think about a treeguard with rock lobster mechanics. When you hit it, it re-transforms in a golden block. (treeguard->normal tree) and then after a while comes out and chases you again.

that could work, maybe a blocky look for the golem so it could retreat into a cube (the cube would have to have some strange symbols on of course :^P)

I wasn't sure if they were or not, actually. o.o

I don't mind them being static, if that's the intended behavior; They still make for a nice light show.

Should they be static, then?

I guess I just always imagined them static. But anyway, if they are supposed to move I'll have to tweak the SkyflySpawner component (nothing major, though).

Edited by simplex

as texture for the golem i would suggest the golems from castle in the sky

Castle%2Bin%2Bthe%2BSky%2Brobot.jpg

Beautiful idea, Rabbitfist! I'm a huge fan of Miyazaki, so i could never say no to that.

And that's precisely the kind of blocky simple design that makes me lean towards a Rock Lobster. Though a Treeguard could work there aswell, of course, just would have a lot more jiggling parts, which i'm not sure would look very good, and the atlas is a mess:

77of.png

But i don't see a problem with the way the Lobsters walk, TeoSS69... It's just as bulky and slow as a Treeguard's, the only issue would be its four legs, but that could be made to look good in a mechanized body...

Edited by lifemare

Beautiful idea, Rabbitfist! I'm a huge fan of Miyazaki, so i could never say no to that.

And that's precisely the kind of blocky simple design that makes me lean towards a Rock Lobster. Though a Treeguard could work there aswell, of course, just would have a lot more jiggling parts, which i'm not sure would look very good, and the atlas is a mess:

77of.png

But i don't see a problem with the way the Lobsters walk, TeoSS69... It's just as bulky and slow as a Treeguard's, the only issue would be its four legs, but that could be made to look good in a mechanized body...

yes, minecrft can have referenced golems, up and away can have them too, what you want to do now NOTCH?

That.

Anyway, if it's hairy with the treeguard atlas then go with the lobster...

Just speaking my mind, with all the artists working on this mod, i don't see why we couldn't try both to see what works best.

I'll start with the Lobster, of course ^_^

• Like 1