[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

I think there should be a unique threat - something that provides the same function as the surface-world Hounds, but is more at home in the cloud realm.

The balloon-hounds strike me as something to just point and laugh at - they used to be deadly, but in the cloud world, they're helpless. x3

I agree with you on this. It would be too funny to see them just drifting by.

Edit 2:

What does everyone think of the cloudwaves? Anything anyone thinks should be changed?

NJKJQk5.gif

Or these ones:

RmaJq4u.gif

Between these two, I prefer the first one due to its size. It looks like you're more surrounded with clouds that way.

Same graphic, different lines in the code.

I'll give it a shot.

E3H8h5k.gif

Though I prefer the color scheme of this one. The 'foggy' effect makes it look like you're a lot higher up, and is easier on the eyes.

Edited by thelefthelix

@TheDanaAddams:
Beanlets are ripe for the taking:

PSD file
All 107 layers (!!!) named and grouped, sending you PNGs would be confusing i think. There's some sprites that can be used as a single instance and then resized and deformed to fit other states, so i'd rather leave the exporting to you and allow the freedom to set everything up according to your plans for animating.

Previews:

I did an alternative design with a little vine for hair and added expression on different states, feel free not to use if it complicates the already massive task of animating all this.

wrlw.jpg

n6kk.jpg

EDIT:

I was planning on adding to your suffering with Spriter by making the lil' beans fall out of their pod on death, but that would be too evil of me, though the sprites are all there if you decide to go down that road.

Edited by lifemare
  • Like 10

I'll give it a shot.

E3H8h5k.gif

Awesome!

Didn't expect it to look that good!

That's exactly the effect i was hoping for: not too much white clouds to stand out from the white turfs and a little atmosphere of blue to give you a (false) sense of peacefulness ;)

My vote goes for that one.

• Like 4

Anyone see it :

1000px-Shop_tool.png

640px-Shop_farm.png

I see it on wiki , the shopper is updating ! ( probable future use )

The shopkeeper isn't updating. Those are old images, but they've only recently been added to the wiki. @Kevin has said they don't plan on ever implementing the shopkeeper. (And it helps that the files aren't in the game anymore.)

The shopkeeper isn't updating. Those are old images, but they've only recently been added to the wiki. @Kevin has said they don't plan on ever implementing the shopkeeper. (And it helps that the files aren't in the game anymore.)

Ok , but is not best to use the veggie shopper , to sell the magic beans? 

Ok , but is not best to use the veggie shopper , to sell the magic beans? 

I don't know. It's not pressing at the moment, though.

Oh, and I've done a tiny bit of work on the skyflies. They don't persist through saving/loading yet, but I'm working on it.

1JRLJO5.gif

• Like 4

@lifemare

Awesome work on the new cloud waves and on the beanlet! :grin:

I think it gives them the feeling of depth, anyways. Also, @simplex, is that last commit really all it took to make it normal light levels? :S

Wat, are you underestimating the effort in erasing one line of code? :razz:

I was quite sure that would be all of it. I jsut postponed it until I were working on the level ambiance. Which I have. Now the charged and uncharged states have their own ambient color (customizable through tuning/ambient.lua). Additionally, in the charged state there's now lightning (as seen from above).

And as you can note by the previous paragraph, I split tuning.lua into subfiles, which are inside the folder tuning/. I also added LoadConfiguration to the cfg environment, so that tuning.lua loads the subfiles itself (the mod itself just loads tuning.lua, without worrying about the subdivision).

• Like 1

I don't know. It's not pressing at the moment, though.

Oh, and I've done a tiny bit of work on the skyflies. They don't persist through saving/loading yet, but I'm working on it.

1JRLJO5.gif

Since you're working on them, I should note that I plan on writing a new component for their spawning. ButterflySpawner is way too hardcoded. In particular, it only trigger spawns during the day.

But I don't quite like their light aura. I prefer them how they were before (except for the color changes).

Edited by simplex

Since you're working on them, I should note that I plan on writing a new component for their spawning. ButterflySpawner is way too hardcoded. In particular, it only trigger spawns during the day.

But I don't quite like their light aura. I prefer them how they were before (except for the color changes).

The light aura is just something I was experimenting with. I'll finish the skyfly stuff up, and merge with your ambiance changes.

Butterfly spawner was temporary, as well. I was just testing it. Glad to hear there's a custom skyfly spawner coming! :grin:  I'm on and off my computer frequently (by that I mean at, and then away), so a lot of things are unfinished. I'm not on for large stretches at a time. (I can keep up with the thread through my cellphone and tablet, but can't work the mod.)

And I didn't underestimate. :razz: I just had no idea what was causing it, and it never occurred to me that the tag was causing it.

Edited by debugman18

And I didn't underestimate. :razz: I just had no idea what was causing it, and it never occurred to me that the tag was causing it.

Check components/clock.lua for the ugliness of the self.inst:IsCave() tests. And the IsCave method of the world entity is defined just as 'return inst:HasTag("cave")'. I added that because on Nightmares the tests were actually beneficial to us. But they aren't anymore. Especially now that the CloudAmbientManager component is properly handling everything.

And oh, I added options to rc.lua to disable the mist and the lightning.

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

Check components/clock.lua for the ugliness of the self.inst:IsCave() tests. And the IsCave method of the world entity is defined just as 'return inst:HasTag("cave")'. I added that because on Nightmares the tests were actually beneficial to us. But they aren't anymore. Especially now that the CloudAmbientManager component is properly handling everything.

And oh, I added options to rc.lua to disable the mist and the lightning.

That cloud ambiance is fantastic!

@lifemare

Could you take a look at the cloud turfs, maybe check out the tessellation issue? It's not dire, or anything, though. That tear just seems to stab my eyes. >_>

I Have a new ideia.

I can post ?

(the past ideia make the topic a chaos)

@TheDanaAddams:
Beanlets are ripe for the taking:

PSD file
All 107 layers (!!!) named and grouped, sending you PNGs would be confusing i think. There's some sprites that can be used as a single instance and then resized and deformed to fit other states, so i'd rather leave the exporting to you and allow the freedom to set everything up according to your plans for animating.

Previews:

I did an alternative design with a little vine for hair and added expression on different states, feel free not to use if it complicates the already massive task of animating all this.

wrlw.jpg

n6kk.jpg

EDIT:

I was planning on adding to your suffering with Spriter by making the lil' beans fall out of their pod on death, but that would be too evil of me, though the sprites are all there if you decide to go down that road.

That is... AWESOME!

Edited by 1Nicolino

@1Nicolino

Of course. But please. If you're going to quote such a big post, please put it in a spoiler.

Ouch , not gonna repeat. 

Here is the ideia:

The Chessire cat and the Rainbowcow can be fused , and create a new mob , I dont have ideia for the name , merging the caracteristcs can be upgraded , ( Steal + Teleport + Cuteness + Large Smile = BADASS ) i can make a model , like the model of lifemare ( not so good , but... ) to everyone see after... 

Please assess 

Edited by 1Nicolino

Ouch , not gonna repeat. 

Here is the ideia:

The Chessire cat and the Rainbowcow can be fused , and create a new mob , I dont have ideia for the name , merging the caracteristcs can be upgraded , ( Steal + Teleport + Cuteness + Large Smile = BADASS ) i can make a model , like the model of lifemare ( not so good , but... ) to everyone see after... 

Please assess 

Because the Cheshire Cat is a reference, I feel we should keep it as close to the original text description as possible, or at least its own mob. Also, I think the Rainbowcoon is coming along nicely. It'd probably be best to leave it alone, and let MC get on with it. I like the ways we can go with a food stealing Raccoon.

I feel the combined features of the animal would be quite OP. (Teleportation + Stealing Food = Annoyed Player). If we separate them up, the separate creatures will be more balanced.

But your idea didn't cause chaos, it caused debate, and debate is the best way to create the best thing we possibly can.

Edited by ArcticFox789
  • Like 5

No, no, the Cheshire Cat is a reference, so I feel we should keep it as close to the original text description as possible. Also, I think the Rainbowcoon is coming along nicely. It'd probably be best to leave it alone, and let MC get on with it. I like the ways we can go with a food stealing Raccoon.

I feel the combined features of the animal would be quite OP. If we separate them up, the separate creatures will be more balanced.

But your idea didn't cause chaos, it caused debate, and debate is the best way to create the best thing we possibly can.

Thank You for your opinion , you use really good things for this debate.

:wickerbottomthanks:

Because the Cheshire Cat is a reference, I feel we should keep it as close to the original text description as possible, or at least its own mob. Also, I think the Rainbowcoon is coming along nicely. It'd probably be best to leave it alone, and let MC get on with it. I like the ways we can go with a food stealing Raccoon.

I feel the combined features of the animal would be quite OP. (Teleportation + Stealing Food = Annoyed Player). If we separate them up, the separate creatures will be more balanced.

But two lesser creatures becoming a more powerful creature during the static cycle could be interesting. Not sure if its entirely possible but interesting.

• Like 1