[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

So I took a break from doing prefabs, and I came up with this:

DHHgdFK.gif

What are your thoughts?

Is there gonna be any vanilla DS left when we're done? :razz:

EDIT: Too bad Klei still hasn't (and probably never will have) implemented cross-platform LuaSocket support (this irks me so much, LuaSocket itself runs under every OS, and it's actually modeled after the Unix sockets). Otherwise we could include a mod status notification in the main screen, synced right from a file within the git repo.

Edited by simplex
  • Like 2

Is there gonna be any vanilla DS left when we're done? :razz:

EDIT: Too bad Klei still hasn't (and probably never will have) implemented cross-platform LuaSockets support (this irks me so much, LuaSockets itself runs under every OS). Otherwise we could include a mod status notification in the main screen, synced right from a file within the git repo.

Maybe a hair of it... :D

I investigated changing the update countdown to our own, and discovered that Klei uses a timeline system. Just a list of dates.

• Like 1

We could actually generate the "More Info" screen automatically by selecting a portion from the NEWS.md file (which should be included with the mod anyway).

We could adapt this to render a screen instead of outputting HTML.

(this would be so much more awesome, and with so many more uses, if we could fetch Markdown files from the repo using LuaSocket...)

Edited by simplex

We could actually generate the "More Info" screen automatically by selecting a portion from the NEWS.md file (which should be included with the mod anyway).

We could adapt this to render a screen instead of outputting HTML.

(this would be so much more awesome, and with so many more uses, if we could fetch Markdown files from the repo using LuaSocket...)

nice ide