[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

@1Nicolino

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please don't send me multiple messages at a time, if I haven't replied yet, there's probably a good reason for it. I was enjoying a beverage at my neighbor's, and when I got back I continued work on the cloud bushes.

I'll put the images in this post.

3trZ5MA.png

xG3Fsx4.png

By the way, I figured some of you might enjoy this little tiny showcase of a few work-in-progress static-related things.

ToksniP.gif

Edited by debugman18
  • Like 5

@1Nicolino

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please don't send me multiple messages at a time, if I haven't replied yet, there's probably a good reason for it. I was enjoying a beverage at my neighbor's, and when I got back I continued work on the cloud bushes.

3trZ5MA.png

xG3Fsx4.png

By the way, I figured some of you might enjoy this little tiny showcase of a few work-in-progress static-related things.

ToksniP.gif

That looks awesome! But, (and this is only a suggestion) can we move away from gifs and onto youtube videos? Gifs don't play sound and are laggy on my phone.

That looks awesome! But, (and this is only a suggestion) can we move away from gifs and onto youtube videos? Gifs don't play sound and are laggy on my phone.

Uploading videos takes far too long for the purposes of the gifs. They're for short clips. I'm sure there will be youtube videos once the mod has a little more content/functionality to show of.

@1Nicolino

3trZ5MA.png

xG3Fsx4.png

ToksniP.gif

Awwww its a cute little shee- AH IT'S ANGRY!

Oh , sorry , here is the texture in game:

attachicon.gifatlas-0 FG.png

ANYONE CAN GIVE ME THE FILES OF THE BEEFALO AND OF THE PIG? PLEASE!

Thanks for updating the picture, some things are better to see in game because it can be difficult to tell what parts go where if you just post an image of the atlas. I think he looks better with the revisions to his legs, but I still feel that he could use some more features to make him more visually interesting.

And on an unrelated note, I can't think of a good reason to post in all caps, and scaled up. There are many things going on in this thread and though it may not be immediate, all posts will eventually be seen. Please be patient and respectful in the meantime.

• Like 1

99 notifications? Just by going through them I reached my daily quota of likes. :razz:

I knew skeletons were an issue... but I was hoping just one animated bone would show up alright. Guess the bones completely send it haywire. Which is... very frustrating... I hope it's fixed soon...

It gives me a pretty rough idea of the scale, at least... but... here's something without bones to be sure:

If Klei were reasonable enough to release their anim converter as an open source project, I'd implement bone support myself. But alas, they are not.

Reminds me of the Tim Burton Cheshire Cat.

Exactly. That looks just awesome.

So I've been working on sheep and cloudbushes. Currently, they don't grow candy until the charged state. Once there, they remain full until the uncharged state (working on this at the moment). I don't think they should be transplantable... What do you all think?

Nice! And I agree they shouldn't be transplantable.

And I really like the idea of the warmth slurper.

Since we can make custom animations and all the other fancy stuff now. I think we can make the Rainbowcoon without the help of the monkeys right? So should we make it custom then.

ApGRdDs.png

I've started to make this more Racoon like art...and I'm sorry but like I mentioned in my art thread I'm a little bit distracted at the moment. But I'm in here come what may! ^_^

• Like 1

I voted yes, teo voted yes, Battal voted yes, luggs contributed to it, so that definetly isn't a no, and debugman is still undecided.

And what was time-wastey? (I'm asking this as a literal question. not a rhetorical one. It is of the part where you said, " And today has mafe me particularly wary of wasted time. :razz: " )

I know most said yes, but then we started talking about the Slurper, so I'd let that die down first, and then we can make a decision. Anyway, yesterday I spent three hours working on the Duckraptor, was about to save...and GIMP crashes. I lost damn near everything.

@debugman18

I did some more work on the sheep/ram. In particular, I enabled proper quotes for the different modes (and changed GetStatus() to return either "SHEEP" or "RAM").

I extended a bit the quote adding utility functions. Now the prefab name can have a period, separating the actual prefab name from its status (both being case insentitive). Not specifying a status for a prefab with more than one makes its GENERIC quotes be set (which works just like character speech: if the current status doesn't have a specific quote, the generic one is used).

I'm setting the regular sheep quotes as generic, and the ram ones as specific.

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

Thanks for updating the picture, some things are better to see in game because it can be difficult to tell what parts go where if you just post an image of the atlas. I think he looks better with the revisions to his legs, but I still feel that he could use some more features to make him more visually interesting.

And on an unrelated note, I can't think of a good reason to post in all caps, and scaled up. There are many things going on in this thread and though it may not be immediate, all posts will eventually be seen. Please be patient and respectful in the meantime.

Agreed. 100% correct.

--- 

A couple of things:

I reckon it would be better to choose either the Snow Guy or the Snow Baby, as I think the Slurper thing would be better without an adult version, and/or another mob with similar features (the four eyes).

If we do use the Snow Guy, what about using the Ghost atlas instead of the Pig one. I think it'd look quite cool as a Ghost. And there's almost certainly some cool things we could do during the Static with a Ghost.

The racoon is looking good :-)

And about the snow monster, will it be a slurper rip off if we go with the baby idea?

it could be... or perhaps I think this is possible, how about having the snow monster with a built in hunger and if its above a certain percentage it will be the hunchback model mode and if its below that threshold it will be the slurper model and function that way.

• Like 1

Updated...Rainbowcoon

blVrVZT.png

I like where this is going! :grin:

But about the snowman, I still prefer a Slurper variant, properly speaking. There's no other mob in the game with a behaviour similar to slurper, it's far from overused.

A "snow slurper" is a quite interesting idea. I don't see the point in making it transform to something else. Time we'd spend worrying about transition animations would be better spent in leading the mod forward.

Edited by simplex
  • Like 2

@1Nicolino

3trZ5MA.png

xG3Fsx4.png

ToksniP.gif

The static is progressing good   :joyous: , but the change is not so good.

the berrybush is so much fast , you can put him images to fertilized, unripe, and ripe,in sequence , thats makes it best.

The sheep can use the texture of the kid beefalo turning beefalo . "its wool for every"

is not it man , for progam the mob , the code archives.

I know most said yes, but then we started talking about the Slurper, so I'd let that die down first, and then we can make a decision. Anyway, yesterday I spent three hours working on the Duckraptor, was about to save...and GIMP crashes. I lost damn near everything.

Oh , thats make me cry , i can't help , but i can give you a hug.

Agreed. 100% correct.

--- 

A couple of things:

I reckon it would be better to choose either the Snow Guy or the Snow Baby, as I think the Slurper thing would be better without an adult version, and/or another mob with similar features (the four eyes).

If we do use the Snow Guy, what about using the Ghost atlas instead of the Pig one. I think it'd look quite cool as a Ghost. And there's almost certainly some cool things we could do during the Static with a Ghost.

Hum... no, don't give ideias , i ... need... to mak... , argh.

I like where this is going!  :grin:

But about the snowman, I still prefer a Slurper variant, properly speaking. There's no other mob in the game with a behaviour similar to slurper, it's far from overused.

A "snow slurper" is a quite interesting idea. I don't see the point in making it transform to something else. Time we'd spend worrying about transition animations would be better spent in leading the mod forward.

He don't need transition animations. "Is all snow and things"

On me original ideia , the snow guy is more complex , during the static he gonna mad , but its so much hard to do , the time... i can program the basic of him , just give me the code files of the beefalo and pig.

Edited by 1Nicolino

I like where this is going! :grin:

I agree with this.

Edited by ArcticFox789