Is cooked moster meat potentialy fatal?

If you cook the monster meat in a crock pot it removes the negative effects of the meat. If I ever get any that's where it goes pretty much instantly. It requires four pieces of meat to cook and is worth having around as one meaty stew refills like 40 hunger points (approximate), however the stews do not stack.

the same rules apply for the durian as for monster meat, put it in the crock pot, and you are fine, cook it on the fire, and you risk killing yourself.

If you just use Durian in a crock pot I'm pretty sure it still has -health, although I could definitely be wrong. Maybe if I put it with a bunch other things to make a veggie dish..

If you cooked 4 corn would you get popcorn??

not if you do it in a crock pot, there, they just count as vegetable, if you want to make popcorn, you need to use the corn on a fire and cook it there.

If you just use Durian in a crock pot I'm pretty sure it still has -health, although I could definitely be wrong. Maybe if I put it with a bunch other things to make a veggie dish..

I just tried it with one durian and 3 other fillers, and it did not harm my health at all. since I only have 3 in stock I can't try it with four, but if I may make an educated guess, I would say that will also not hurt you and just end in giving you a ratatouille, like other durian combinations too.

Edited by Bogpad

I only use monster meat to "make friends" or in some extreme cases; but always eat it raw...

I suggest you stop doing that, while most times it just hurt's you to eat monster meat, there actually are several reports of people dieing instantly after eating one monster meat, while having full health. No idea if it is a bug or intended, and if it is a bug, I don't know if it was fixed meanwhile, but as of now, I would not suggest to eat any monster meat at any time, unless you use it as crockpot ingredient.

I was talking to my brother and not paying attention.I had a stack of cooked monster meat(yeah i know dumb idea) and instead of placing it on the ground i clicked myself and boom,dead :(.I had 30 health from something but i forgot.I think i was getting black spots and took a few hits from tentacles.NEVER AGAIN! T_T

I was talking to my brother and not paying attention.I had a stack of cooked monster meat(yeah i know dumb idea) and instead of placing it on the ground i clicked myself and boom,dead :(.I had 30 health from something but i forgot.I think i was getting black spots and took a few hits from tentacles.NEVER AGAIN! T_T

Ouch that is painfull, I keep it in chests to prevent such situations and only use it to combine with honey in the crockpot.

As others have experienced, I died from cooked monster meat. I had around 20 health after tangling with a tentacle, but i was victorious. Headed back to my base and cooked it, fed one of the two pieces I had to the science machine, and headed off to get more food to heal my wounds. and then I though; I wonder what the effect of cooked monster meat is. (I knew from before that raw monster meat hurt you). I ate it and heard the death sound. "Well, I guess I'm not doing that again..."

ok i see a bit of contradiction but in the end yes its bad for youre health i only use it to get exp points but if you eat it it fills some what youre hunger barr but it takes youre health down, so my point on it don`t eat it ... reserch it lol