i made seasonal variants for farming music! [now with a working mod!]

AWESOME UPDATE: thanks to @ADM, there's now a working mod that adds these into the game! you can get it here!

(or here if you can't open the text: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3161480628)

i always disliked how no matter the season you're in, the same farming music plays all throughout. so i decided to practice some music makin' and tried my hand to make some rough concepts on what seasonal farming music might sound like (keep in mind that i'm not mr. don't starve composer, so i don't possess the same secret music wizardry that they have)

i wanted to make a mod that adds the seasonal music, but i have no clue where i should start, so i'm just postin' them here instead. take a listen if you want to :)

winter:

spring:

summer:

caves:

Edited by fabin
cave time!!
  • Like 48
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 6
  • GL Happy 7
  • Potato Cup 1
  • Spooky 1

That is really cool. They could sound a little more orchestrated with more orchestral instruments like woodwind to decorate it but the melodies and vibes are great. My suggestions are :

Winter: Sounds great. maybe little more somber like what the person said above.

Spring: Great one, very goofy. The bass line could be interesting if it was a doubled bass being plucked instead.

Summer: Great, i like that it sounds like the cawnavil. I think it would sound really nice with a flute playing along with the main melody in subtle sprinkles.

• Like 3

Hello there ! These are some nice tracks to save us from insanity. I've put together a very simple client mod that will play your farming songs with the seasons :beguiled:

icon_.png.422acb85c853e520d9f27f39b224d118.png

Let me know if you need any help, change, or whatever ~ you can upload it on Steam or I could do it if desired.
In the meantime local mods need to be installed and unzipped at this location or adjust based on your Steam install :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods

Edited by ADM
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1

Oooooh, these are amazing! Great job, fabin! Thanks for making them and sharing them with us!

My favourite is also the winter one. I like the others a lot too, tho for my tase the summer one is a bit too similar to the cawnival theme (I guess that's where you got inspiration?).

On a side note, if someone wants some nightmare fuel, play all three tracks simultaneously...

Edited by fimmatek
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ADM said:

Hello there ! These are some nice tracks to save us from insanity. I've put together a very simple client mod that will play your farming songs with the seasons :beguiled:

icon_.png.422acb85c853e520d9f27f39b224d118.png

Let me know if you need any help, change, or whatever ~ you can upload it on Steam or I could do it if desired.

dude what, that's so awesome!! thank you so much!! how did you manage to make this so fast?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, fabin said:

dude what, that's so awesome!! thank you so much!! how did you manage to make this so fast?

Usually, adding entirely new tracks to play as others would under specific circumstances is a big thorn in the foot, but if you look up the mod content you'll notice I went with a very simple remap of the old music when season change, it's almost cheating. And because of my older works I already had pre-configured audio files for musics... so, yeah it's no trouble going trough it and it makes me happy that others and myself can finally get some variety playing while farming hehe ! : p

• Like 5

This sounds really freaking good, great work! I really wish the game had more variety for the farming music like on seasons or daytime every time I hear the farming music I feel sick and mute it because it's so repetitive :wilson_ill:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Why won't they play for me? Why do I not have the right?

image.png.06a3af28728be4564438a1c344ccd56b.png

very odd i also can't listen to them on pc but it worked on my phone

edit: i can no longer play it on phone either

Edited by gamehun20

I also cant play them. These forums have this issue for me when audio or video doesnt allow me to play it. the problem occurs kind of frequently but its seems unpredictably when it works and when it doesnt work