i made seasonal variants for farming music! [now with a working mod!]

2 hours ago, ADM said:

(spring)

(summer)

(winter)

@goatt, @Cheggf, @gamehun20, @-Kiyo-, since I downloaded them for the mod yesterday I have a copy. I only compressed them a tiny bit.

These are dope as Hell, I would be tricked into believing they're real.

• Like 2

It must be an issue with the forum or the main post, because now I can't listen to the tracks in the original post either, although I could yesterday. That's strange. Maybe the Klei file server (if there is such) has some issues?

• Sad 1

On 2/14/2024 at 5:52 PM, ADM said:

snip

hey, sorry to bother you, but how can i change the audio files of the mod? i did some tweaking on each song and i'd like to update it (if it's more trouble than it's worth to guide me through it, i updated each file in the topic. so you can download them and do it yourself if you want)

also, how can i give you credit you if i upload it to the workshop? you basically made the entire mod, so i wanna credit you for it and stuff

• Health 1

8 hours ago, fabin said:

also, how can i give you credit you if i upload it to the workshop? you basically made the entire mod, so i wanna credit you for it and stuff

If you add ADM on Steam you can click on the little button here to put his name next to yours as the creators of the mod.

image.png.8b2ca43ef7b96b65a8b92fb28dc47182.png

I don't think you can add people who aren't on your friends list, so he'd need to at least temporarily become your friend.

• Like 1

Absolutely phenomenal work on the music, I’m surprised at how well each of the seasons plays off the basic farming leitmotif. Doubly appreciative that there’s a mod to experience it in game, too!

• Like 1

I was finally able to listen to these thanks to ADM and while Spring and Winter variants landed well, I have to say, I'm not a fan of how strong you went into the carnival theming with the Summer variant. There's already a summer carnival in DST and so the music sounds more fitting of that than farming.

And yeah I'm aware normal farming music already sounds close to a carnival tune. Great work with these, I'll use the mod version whenever I have the chance!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Kiyo- said:

... Carnival theming with the Summer variant. There's already a summer carnival in DST and so the music sounds more fitting of that than farming.

i don't hear it personally, but i can see some people hearing that, since the summer working theme (what i was going for with the summer farming music) and cawnival music both have pretty similar instrumentation and rhythm (brass, wacky organs and strings with an emphasis on the downbeat)

i'll see what i can do about it, but i can't promise much since if i change it too much, then it wouldn't be very summer-like

Edited by fabin
oop

On 2/16/2024 at 8:30 PM, fabin said:

i don't hear it personally, but i can see some people hearing that, since the summer working theme (what i was going for with the summer farming music) and cawnival music both have pretty similar instrumentation and rhythm (brass, wacky organs and strings with an emphasis on the downbeat)

i'll see what i can do about it, but i can't promise much since if i change it too much, then it wouldn't be very summer-like

If you were inspired to make changes then go for it. But if you like your composition as it is now, then that's how it should stay. It was my intention to provide "second opinion" criticism of the kind I would like to receive when I make something.
Besides I've not yet used the mod in-game to get a proper feel for how well it blends with the rest of the game's music.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

How long did it take you to make these tracks?

i'd say like, about 8-10 hours each. plus 1-2 hours extra from tweaking each track after i finished them

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Tell me, can you make a server version of the mod?

Yes, it only takes to change these two values from the modinfo file of the mod current mod :

all_clients_require_mod = false
client_only_mod = true

Done it for you here Seasonal Farming Theme.zip, but if you want other players to join you, they'll need the exact same mod, so it should be uploaded on the workshop regardless if it's public or unlisted. Maybe @fabin could be doing that. :distracted:

(Also added @. . . icon instead)

Edited by ADM
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1

26 minutes ago, ADM said:

Yes, it only takes to change these two values from the modinfo file of the mod current mod :

all_clients_require_mod = false
client_only_mod = true

Done it for you here Seasonal Farming Theme.zip, but if you want other players to join you, they'll need the exact same mod, so it should be uploaded on the workshop regardless if it's public or unlisted. Maybe @fabin could be doing that. :distracted:

Thank you very much! Yes, I hope he will post it in the workshop ^^