A lot of the criticisms of the game lately seem like more of attacks on recent updates rather than coherent requests.

3 hours ago, Reecitz said:

It's very likely you wasted your precious time typing this, I'm afraid; it's not your fault, however. 

Probably. But assuming I live to 60 then I still have too much time left. Looking forward to the end. Wish I could give some of my time away.

• GL Happy 1

9 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The "it is optional" card is not so good. I am ok with the recent updates, but you can not avoid skill trees, and ignoring riffs would be starving yourself of years of content. Everyone has the right to criticism them if they dislike any aspects of them.

I still agree overall there should be more "i like this, because of that" so devs know what they should stick with and know what kind of things players like. I am pretty confident PvZ3 got messed up further because of a lack of that, they scrapped both the bad and good features in their full rework because they mostly just got negative feedback (and still are).

dud i swear pvz 3 could be a pretty fine game if they just let you replay levels and choose plants there man, too bad i dont see anyone suggesting that like ever and instead choose to crap on the game as if that has ever lead to something with pvz games before

• Sad Dupe 2

13 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

dud i swear pvz 3 could be a pretty fine game if they just let you replay levels and choose plants there man, too bad i dont see anyone suggesting that like ever and instead choose to crap on the game as if that has ever lead to something with pvz games before

Everyone was always complaining about not choosing your plants and not replaying levels because it was a bad decision to change this core factor of pvz (and are right to). Both got an official response from EA, claiming to "put it up for discussion and pass it on to the team". Though, alot of cool features from the original pvz3 like taco time and some of the neat plants were banished since everyone focused on talking about what they disliked mostly. Anyway this is dst lets not get too carried away now lol.

8 hours ago, Reecitz said:

It's very likely you wasted your precious time typing this, I'm afraid; it's not your fault, however. 

I think it is alright for anyone to spend some of their breath giving their thoughts. Seems like many people are agreeing with the original post's blurred vision so it is fair to speak against or for it.

Also, how come Captain Rage's funny comment was deleted?

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Evelo said:

Not everyone, but as someone who dislike The Direction the game is headed. Yea kind of. Don't Starve was built up among its competitors (Minecraft and Terraria) as being Survival first. The direction of the game is moving away from survival and more towards boss fighting. While boss fights are welcome the core survival aspects of the game are less and less prevalent with every update. Reign of Giants added more survival issues with introducing Rain, Overheating, Wildfires, and different seasons. There have been aspects of survival introductions with Antlion's seasonal tantrums, Hail and Acid Rain (though minimally invasive) there are others that kind of just miss the mark. Moonstorms for instance would be terrifying if it affected the whole world rather than just a large pocket.

I had to respond to this of all things.

All the boss fighting and additional abilities of characters are ultimately additions first and foremost. It will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever evr erver ver ever be the central focus. EVER. Never. EVER.

What a player needs to fight a boss at an intermediate level is 48 minutes into gameplay as the proverbial "6 minute mile" in dragonfly. You have to spend 48 minutes as a relatively average powered character to beat dragonfly at a pace that is generally accepted as the benchmark. Doing so any earlier requires either exceptional luck or such deep game knowledge, that such a level is usually acquired after 300 hours of gameplay.

To fight nightmare werepig, perhaps the first original "Dark souls" formula boss, you can't even break the shackles without venturing through one of the most dangerous zones in game. NO ONE under 300 hours is doing that. 

In order to tackle any boss, you must first survive

All the boss additions are simply that; additions. Nothing more. They don't come before survival. 

There are players out there, which I am constantly reminded of that don't even get past winter 1 even with the standard player cap of 6. 

The direction of the game going in the bossfighting route of whatever belief you may hold as gospel, which I disagree with your gospel, I believe is false.

First and foremost, if you don't eat, you die. If you don't find light before night, you die. If you stay insane without a way to defend yourself, you die.

Difficulty in this game is a sliding scale. It gets harder depending on what you want to do. 

This game can't be any kind of boss fighter without you knowing that you're required to eat and keep healthy. 

Why I generalize the group of people is that they've become so knowledgeable about the game, the thrill will be gone forever because they don't WANT to engage in boss fights or other activities which this game has to offer. 
Despite me wanting to strangle anyone who suggests to me that my problem can be fixed "With a mod", for the people I generalize, what other option is there for them but to just install uncompromising?

Do you know what I'd do if I got my way? I would LOVE to add new game modes that deviate from the standard Forest/reign-of-giants paradigm. I'd add the hamlet game mode sprinkled with dst magic and shipwrecked too. 

Why I'm disgusted in the anti skill tree people is that their solution to skill trees is the outright removal of them. Why wouldn't I find that disgusting? I'm doubling down. I am disgusted. 

Woodie able to mow down armies is a great feeling. Wigfrid actually contending with Wolfgang and Wanda, actually fulfilling her niche which was previously underwhelming compared to those two has been some of the best fun I've had in the game. 

It's hard for me to have fun with any other character, but I have to acknowledge that those two are my active mains. Webber used to be my OG pick and I'm excited to see what klei does with him, but if they don't do him justice by my standards, whatever. I still have wigfrid and woodie.

So yes, of course. Anyone whose solution is to remove something from the game which has brought me intrigue and enjoyment is a vessel for my disgust.

What, I'm meant to pull my punches towards a group of people who make it their goal to eliminate something from the game that makes it fun for me? Nah man. They should check themselves.

No matter what suggestion I make, I know that none of the suggestions I think of ever strive to take away from the game. Theirs do. I'm not about to empathize with anyone who wants to eliminate something from the game that can generally be optional.

• Wavey 5
  • Sad Dupe 1

33 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I had to respond to this of all things.

All the boss fighting and additional abilities of characters are ultimately additions first and foremost. It will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever evr erver ver ever be the central focus. EVER. Never. EVER.

What a player needs to fight a boss at an intermediate level is 48 minutes into gameplay as the proverbial "6 minute mile" in dragonfly. You have to spend 48 minutes as a relatively average powered character to beat dragonfly at a pace that is generally accepted as the benchmark. Doing so any earlier requires either exceptional luck or such deep game knowledge, that such a level is usually acquired after 300 hours of gameplay.

To fight nightmare werepig, perhaps the first original "Dark souls" formula boss, you can't even break the shackles without venturing through one of the most dangerous zones in game. NO ONE under 300 hours is doing that. 

All the boss additions are simply that; additions. Nothing more. They don't come before survival. 

There are players out there, which I am constantly reminded of that don't even get past winter 1 even with the standard player cap of 6. 

The direction of the game going in the bossfighting route of whatever belief you may hold as gospel, which I disagree with your gospel, I believe is false.

First and foremost, if you don't eat, you die. If you don't find light before night, you die. If you stay insane without a way to defend yourself, you die.

Difficulty in this game is a sliding scale. It gets harder depending on what you want to do. 

This game can't be any kind of boss fighter without you knowing that you're required to eat and keep healthy. 

Why I generalize the group of people is that they've become so knowledgeable about the game, the thrill will be gone forever because they don't WANT to engage in boss fights or other activities which this game has to offer. 
Despite me wanting to strangle anyone who suggests to me that my problem can be fixed "With a mod", for the people I generalize, what other option is there for them but to just install uncompromising?

Do you know what I'd do if I got my way? I would LOVE to add new game modes that deviate from the standard Forest/reign-of-giants paradigm. I'd add the hamlet game mode sprinkled with dst magic and shipwrecked too. 

Why I'm disgusted in the anti skill tree people is that their solution to skill trees is the outright removal of them. Why wouldn't I find that disgusting? I'm doubling down. I am disgusted. 

Woodie able to mow down armies is a great feeling. Wigfrid actually contending with Wolfgang and Wanda, actually fulfilling her niche which was previously underwhelming compared to those two has been some of the best fun I've had in the game. 

It's hard for me to have fun with any other character, but I have to acknowledge that those two are my active mains. Webber used to be my OG pick and I'm excited to see what klei does with him, but if they don't do him justice by my standards, whatever. I still have wigfrid and woodie.

So yes, of course. Anyone whose solution is to remove something from the game which has brought me intrigue and enjoyment is a vessel for my disgust.

What, I'm meant to pull my punches towards a group of people who make it their goal to eliminate something from the game that makes it fun for me? Nah man. They should check themselves.

No matter what suggestion I make, I know that none of the suggestions I think of ever strive to take away from the game. Theirs do. I'm not about to empathize with anyone who wants to eliminate something from the game that can generally be optional.

Apart from acting like a victim and a protagonist, I agree with you in some aspects. 

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, chirsg said:

All of this years updates have been focused on combat and characters. All the previous years have had a bunch of character reworks and now there is more.

48 minutes ago, chirsg said:

This is about the perks not the skilltrees. Evelo mentioned it is not just op perks that makes them dislike skilltrees and you kinda looked over it. I enjoy Wormwood alot after the skilltree update with the perks, though his tree is messy and has many odd skills that need some love. It is always the same perks mostly everytime for me because the skills don't offer much choice.. I don't think all of them work well as skill trees. Wigfrid works well as a skilltree IMO.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Shopcat 1

42 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Just look at Terraria. You can't jump into the game and fight the Eye of Cthulu without first setting up an arena or gathering appropriate resources to not die instantly. To say Terraria isn't boss focused is folly when compared to Minecraft or Don't Starve. I don't quite follow your point here because of this. In general it seems the direction of the game is moving more towards "Add Bosses" rather than "Add more survival elements".

Ignoring your comments regarding skillsets based on your word choice. Very hostile and not indicative of cordial discussion.

(It is called skillsets just like how it is called Refresh, that is Klei's official language use it, this is directed towards everyone because it genuinely angers me.)

• Like 7
  • Shopcat 1

6 hours ago, Evelo said:

(It is called skillsets just like how it is called Refresh, that is Klei's official language use it, this is directed towards everyone because it genuinely angers me.)

Skillsets are skill trees, as in "a type/implementation of a skill tree". If someone without looking up the name for this feature saw it, they'd call it a skill tree, and Insight skill points, so using the non-game specific wording is sort of like short cut- maybe thinking of it that way will ease some of your anger. I mean that in a genuine way, as a very angry person in general myself, finding ways to ease those feelings is important in day to day life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2

7 hours ago, chirsg said:

[Snip]

[Snip]

Mate, when's the last time you actually looked at an update? Because the only substaintial stuff Klei ever adds is combat-oriented anymore. When's the last time they added something that wasn't? The ocean? Sure it's big, but it's hardly worth the salt in Wilson's beard. Reap What You Sow? Alright, that was pretty good. But they still had to slip the Lord of the Fruit Flies in there, even if it only counts as a boss by technicality.

We got 3 bosses in a single update when Host of Horrors dropped. And yet Klei still felt the need to add another boss a month later with the Willow and Wigfrid skill trees. And that one wasn't even related too the rifts, they just felt like doing it for no discernable reason. And hey, speaking of skill trees and rifts, how about we talk about the fact that half the reason both of those things exist is because Klei wants to "close the gap between combat and non-combat characters". Why would that gap exist, if not because the game's been migrating towards a greater emphasis on combat, thus giving said combat characters inherently more value?

And sure, Klei's tried to add new survival mechanics. But they've overwhelmingly sucked. Lunar Hail is just a less interesting version of earthquakes which have existed about as long as caves had. And the original version of Acid Rain was genuinely so atrocious that the devs had to completely gut it for a month until they could add things to make it tolerable in the next patch.

So yeah, I think the claim that DST is moving in a combat-oriented direction is definitely accurate, even if the survival aspects are still there.

• Like 9
  • Sad Dupe 1

52 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Mate, when's the last time you actually looked at an update? Because the only substaintial stuff Klei ever adds is combat-oriented anymore. When's the last time they added something that wasn't? The ocean? Sure it's big, but it's hardly worth the salt in Wilson's beard. Reap What You Sow? Alright, that was pretty good. But they still had to slip the Lord of the Fruit Flies in there, even if it only counts as a boss by technicality.

We got 3 bosses in a single update when Host of Horrors dropped. And yet Klei still felt the need to add another boss a month later with the Willow and Wigfrid skill trees. And that one wasn't even related too the rifts, they just felt like doing it for no discernable reason. And hey, speaking of skill trees and rifts, how about we talk about the fact that half the reason both of those things exist is because Klei wants to "close the gap between combat and non-combat characters". Why would that gap exist, if not because the game's been migrating towards a greater emphasis on combat, thus giving said combat characters inherently more value?

And sure, Klei's tried to add new survival mechanics. But they've overwhelmingly sucked. Lunar Hail is just a less interesting version of earthquakes which have existed about as long as caves had. And the original version of Acid Rain was genuinely so atrocious that the devs had to completely gut it for a month until they could add things to make it tolerable in the next patch.

So yeah, I think the claim that DST is moving in a combat-oriented direction is definitely accurate, even if the survival aspects are still there.

I think the last thing was the moonquay update, though that also damaged survival by adding a solution to healing items and sanity items (bananas). The reeds are cool and some things like fish farms

52 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

But they still had to slip the Lord of the Fruit Flies in there, even if it only counts as a boss by technicality.

The fruit fly is a survival focused boss done (almost) well. It is a survival-based boss that finds you and you need to kill it to save your farm. My only problem with it is the really annoying kiting it does. It serves as a check for farmers to stop slacking and be prepared.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

And sure, Klei's tried to add new survival mechanics. But they've overwhelmingly sucked. Lunar Hail is just a less interesting version of earthquakes which have existed about as long as caves had. And the original version of Acid Rain was genuinely so atrocious that the devs had to completely gut it for a month until they could add things to make it tolerable in the next patch

I still hope they fix or adress this issue as soon as possible.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 6:48 PM, chirsg said:

- We hate skilltrees and we want them removed

Not everyone hates skill trees. I would say peoples opinions are split, some people like them some people don't and that's fine, people have their own opinions. I would say that yes,  skill trees have refreshed many characters but IMO it doesn't fit in DST. I don't know how to feel about skill trees right now, I like what they have done (like making Woodie an actual good character) but I just don't think skill trees belong in DST.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Hi. said:

Not everyone hates skill trees. I would say peoples opinions are split, some people like them some people don't and that's fine, people have their own opinions. I would say that yes,  skill trees have refreshed many characters but IMO it doesn't fit in DST. I don't know how to feel about skill trees right now, I like what they have done (like making Woodie an actual good character) but I just don't think skill trees belong in DST.

They could've made Woodie good by making some of those skills base-kit, for example. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, chirsg said:

I don't think anyone wants to completely remove the perks found in skill trees. Some people would just rather have those perks be inherit to the characters. All they really want to remove is a menu.

It really just seems like you're "disgusted" with people for disagreeing with you.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, chirsg said:

Then discuss it with them. This is a discussion forum. If your opinion is valid, then so is theirs. You can respectfully disagree with someone and state your reasons why in a collected manner to discuss with someone alternative ways of looking at the issue, from both perspectives. But they still have the right to have their opinion not be changed if they disagree. You don't have to make a thread calling them disgusting.

• Like 4

Something else that probably should be mentioned is that over the internet, words can easily be misinterpreted, take me for example, a lot of what I post is meant to be in a funny & light hearted tone, but you can’t convey those expressions through words. And what’s meant to be a joke, can be considered rude or hateful if read with the thought of me saying it in a mean or hateful manor.

Yes I will admit I complain A LOT about DST, but I don’t straight up hate the game.. if I did, I wouldn’t be on these forums expressing my opinions on how I feel it could maybe be better. 

DST is a wild can of worms to discuss, if I’m being honest.. not even the games actual developers seem to know what type of “genre” they want their game to fit within, & have even said that the only limits to how you can choose to play the game- is your own creativity. (Or something along those lines)

For example: DST is NOT a Platformer game where you jump from platform to platform right? But then again… if you put boats in rivers or close to one another, what exactly are you doing? (Jumping from platform to platform..)

So what type of game even IS DST? If it’s a survival game where starvation is a serious factor, why does it have a deeply complex and rewarding farming experience that would rival that of an actual farming game?

These are things that all need to be taken into consideration, If it’s a game that’s meant to be based entirely on combat, why are their pacifist options to appease, or ignore certain things till they go away?

Examples: Treeguards get angry, they attempt to attack you, but appease them.. and they go back to a sleeping status.

Spider Queens are annoying, deadly, and spawn healing spiders- Leave her be though and she’ll eventually revert back to a less dangerous tier 1 nest.

And then if DST was a boss fighting simulator- Why are there character choices that reduce the bosses health by half just by that character existing & really obscure methods of summoning said boss to begin with?

DST is exactly as the devs have said- it’s what you make of it, how you choose to interact with and play it..

So obviously in a game like this, people are going to have widely varying opinions of what they find “fun”

DST isn’t for example- Need For Speed, where the only objective is to drive a car around a race track..

This game is deeply complex, ALMOST as deeply complex as Minecraft even… and because of that- Players are never going to come to a neutral agreement on what the game should be about, or how you should play it.

Everyone has Opinions, anyone can make an epic suggestion lots of people will love- doesn’t matter if you’ve played since 2013.. or just started in 2024.

Suggest the things you’d like to see, what you’d find fun.. and even if a lot of people disagree with that. here’s the only thing I got to say-

In a Game where the developers don’t even know what type of game it’s meant to be, and tells you that to play & enjoy your way, with the only limits being what the game is capable of and your creativity. I will keep saying this till it sticks..

”In a game already slam full of options, we really should have more options.”

• Like 3

14 hours ago, chirsg said:

You aren't meant to do anything.  You can always just not post.  If you do post, you should not be rude regardless of the disagreement.  It really isn't personal.  There are plenty of people who I disagree with on some issues, even strongly disagree, yet we're able to still chat about it fine between us.  When a different subject comes up we might find we agree there, and because we're not insulting each other or making enemies over what aspects of a game we might enjoy differently, we get along.

People aren't one dimensional, and the forums are not monolithic groups for or against any thing.

For some the menus become distracting in a game that has gone to great lengths to keep the theme alive - ie not showing damage numbers or health values, and having well integrated options to interact with the meta layer like Wardrobe to access your outfit, or Celestial Portal to access character selection.  For others (like myself) the issue with skill trees is that they cannot be delivered in an even way to each character.

For someone like Willow or Wormwood the skill tree needs to be robust, with many new features b/c it will basically BE their kit going forward.  For a character like Woodie or Wig they mostly need small changes that smooth out their kit.  But what would a skill tree look like for Maxwell or Wanda?  They hurt for nothing, and even without skill trees are plenty OP.  From what we've seen the only nerf they've really delivered was Wolfgang, and tbh they actually just had it out for him specifically.  His balance changes didn't even really reflect the state of DST at the time of his refresh.  At that point they must have known they would be moving to skill trees next, but they sure didn't hold back on pumping power into Maxwell for it...  So I can't really see them doing anything except green lighting any "cool and fun" ideas they have for their favorite characters and making them just that much more OP on top of it.

During the refresh cycle we got smaller more realistic refreshes first, but at a point Klei started power creeping their favorites.  b/c skill trees ensures we're going to visit every character it seems like we'll get the exact same problem all over again.  Its why I dreaded seeing Willow get her tree so early.  Even now she feels pretty rough with small moments of power, but largely playing like Wilson.  Her cool downs and ember costs are going to look ridiculous by the time we reach the half way point for these.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 5

No one actually says what they want. It's just bottomless complaints. 

I'll quite clearly state what I want from the game and even make them part of my signatures. 

If skill trees were removed, what, Woodie just gets every single perk from all maximum wereforms? Wigfrid gets every single weapon craft as well as all crafts pertaining to beefalo and other utility craft? Willow gets maximum bernie and lighter?

No matter what people say, it generally seems misguided and confused. I hate to say it, but skill trees are here. All you can do is steer the direction in where they're going.

I think people like me had a hand in Wigfrid's skill tree because Wigfrid mains KNEW what the hell they wanted. They wanted a new spear and a few of them wanted a shield too. Lo and behold, we got it. 

Everything else is just "Remove, remove remove." Opinions are only valid if they provide something. Not just a vague ball of mud that only serves to yell. There is nothing I have said that has no value. All my complaints and suggestions present a realistic solution. 

A lot of others are just "Get rid of it, I don't want it" *pout*

Decide what you want of the game and put it into words. 

"More survival mechanics" is nowhere near a good enough suggestion because that can mean anything. Like, what do you want? Tetanus? Tuberculosis? Diarrhea to be added into the game? Like, say something, anything. "MOre survrvaiall muechacnicz keli" is literally just flinging poop. What the hell do you want?

Trying to stop skill trees is like trying to stop a taxi you paid for with your hands and feet. You won't do it. Get in the taxi and try telling the driver where you want to go. 

• Haha 2
  • Wavey 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

3 hours ago, chirsg said:

No one actually says what they want. It's just bottomless complaints. 

I'll quite clearly state what I want from the game and even make them part of my signatures. 

I wondered if you were maybe making this thread b/c you were not getting engagement on your other ones, but I didn't want to say anything.

Thing is - we all share in the features that are in the game.  We don't all share in the desire for the next thing to add.  So of course discussion about existing features will be larger than discussion about "this one particular thing I want b/c I have a unique desire to craft 100000 flower pots."

sry :\ 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

I wondered if you were maybe making this thread b/c you were not getting engagement on your other ones, but I didn't want to say anything.

Thing is - we all share in the features that are in the game.  We don't all share in the desire for the next thing to add.  So of course discussion about existing features will be larger than discussion about "this one particular thing I want b/c I have a unique desire to craft 100000 flower pots."

sry :\ 

Don't be, they deserve it.

• Ninja 1

I haven't been active within the community prior to about March last year when I ran through the bulk of the existing content as Wendy. I had plenty of notes at the time about what I liked and didn't like and shortly after I started the Wilson skill tree came in and I didn't pay it much mind.

I sort of wrote it off as being a Wilson "rework" with the idea it would only be his feature and give him some quirk that gave his gameplay more variety while also maintaining his "jack of all master of none" approach of being the default character. Of course DST gives you access to everyone besides the mtx survivors right off the bat so he just comes off as wes without the buffs downsides instead of the intended starting place for a new player.

As more Skill Trees were revealed and they seemed to have a heavy focus on combat which the overwhelming bulk of DST's updates have been focused around it started to become a bit clearer than this was just a second wave of character refreshes with no real goal other than to push content to get players re-invested into the game, which i wouldn't have issue with if there wasn't the ulterior motive of keeping paying customers eyeballing the MTX market. Most of the trees don't do much to improve the game they just provide more ways to engage with the games combat which had never been a major focus in early development of the solo game, dlcs and probably not early DST development either.

It leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths especially when you remind them of an update like Reap what you Sow which actually took a long outdated part of the game and brought a new and interesting twist to it in a very creative way, but nah creativity like that isn't profitable, just add 2 new bosses and some skill trees. God forbid anyone look into changing wildfires, revamping older fights in the game to be less brain dead, maybe liven up ocean content, make fishing more engaging and rewarding, add some more content to the caves or to the lunar isle to incentivize more exploration of those areas for its own sake without tying it to a new boss fight or janky inconvenient late game punishments for having gone through certain boss fights.

As far as stuff that I enjoyed there's much of it I wish I could have back in the solo game both so I can enjoy it without the baggage that comes with playing DST specifically, notably the awful performance and problems that come along with running a server-client connection on a single system. I also think that the disparity between solo and DST is an unhealthy relationship as it will likely lead to more people recommending DST even to people who have no interest in multiplayer just because of the existence of "better" and more content. I certainly don't expect ocean content, lunar isles, or much of the late or endgame content to be brought to solo but Klei could do worse than to consider refreshing the solo characters to be more in-line with their DST counterparts, and maybe port the farming of reap what you sow back so that the only content difference is that which is specific to DST such as Seasonal Events, Klaus, Fuel Weaver, ocean content, lunar isles & CC, the post CC and FW content etc. To my knowledge they already ported back bundling wrap, beefalo taming and the decorative fences, while it would probably be a lot of work to port anything back I dislike the obvious favouring of DST regardless of what reasons are given.

In most of my posts I'm usually looking at a piece of the game that I think is a bit dated and needs reworking, it does obviously sound like complaints and I know (if this post is any indication) that I can ramble and maybe lose my point here and there, but I'd like to think I try my best to offer solutions and openly ask the community to provide anything they could think of, but sadly there will always be a few people who just don't care and rather than leave the post on read choose to undermine the topic by saying the system has no flaws, cite specific strategies to "deal" with something, or suggest ignoring it in a topic started with the intent of discussing alternative systems instead of ways to handle the current one.

tl;dr
-DST's creativity feels sapped
-The solo game deserves love too
-Some people don't understand the concept of thinking outside the games existing systems to "what could be"

Edit/second post:

I suppose if I was responding to the thread title, its that its hard to really consider a request of what specifically to focus on instead of the current focus of content. My desires (as the post above goes on and on and on about), aren't one focused thing but a focus on reworking fixing and expanding areas of the game that are currently lacking, certain biomes feel empty and lifeless, certain enemies and bosses are not well designed, there's a ton of holes in the games progression (there's literally only one hammer till post CC), addressing the abysmal performance. So succinctly I'd love a good quality pass over the games current content from the bottom up.

Edited by Gotheran
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1