Year of the dragon needs to involve dragonfruit somehow

That is all. 

And no, not dragonpie. Just the fruit.

(And not as an offering either, I mean as a reward like corn seeds during cawnival) 

Opinions? What are you hoping for this year of the dragon?

I want Year of the Carrat but instead of training a Carrat for racing you train a Saladmander for combat :rolleyes: like a pokemon… 

id also love a Saladmander critter if they could somehow make a design thats both different than regular Saladmanders and Wormwood’s shrunken Saladmanders. 

dragonfruit seeds as a reward makes a lot of sense. 

8 minutes ago, Hi. said:

Wait. Is it confirmed to be year of the dragon or is it just speculation. Or am I missing something?

the year of X event depends on what animal's year is it in the chinese calendar, and 2024 is the year of the dragon

1 minute ago, grm9 said:

the year of X event depends on what animal's year is it in the chinese calendar, and 2024 is the year of the dragon

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I knew it had something to do with the Chinese calendar, must have forgotten.

2 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I would prefer either renewable saladmanders or the larva pet being reworked.

Dragonfruit would work fine with Saladmanders.

Uhhh.. doesn’t the Halloween event already cover that Dragonfruit turned into Saladmander thing though??? I’d prefer to get something that’s actually NEW seeing as we can now turn Hallowed Nights back on at anytime we want.

And besides- Saladmanders have nothing to do with DRAGONS, I have my fingers crossed for a new cute mob, or at least a reskin of an existing one…

Klei added the Tiger Cat thing to help you find lost Kitcoons in the Year of the Tiger event, so we totally need an actual Dragon and not a silly Saladmander!

I could pitch some suggestions, such as maybe giving the costume that’s always been in the game a cool use somehow (like maybe we can put it on Pigmen to build the longest possible Chinese dragon outfits we can.

But personally I feel like it would be a missed opportunity NOT to add Shipwrecked Dragoons to a distant Island somewhere.

We need an Extra Extra Adorable Lavae because why not 

Even when playing as Willow in winter I just never end up using the Lavae because lighting something on fire is much more convenient to be honest, especially now that Willow can just absorb fires with her lighter.  
Science Machine? More like Thermal (Stone) Heater 3000

2 minutes ago, Kubicska said:

We need an Extra Extra Adorable Lavae because why not 

Even when playing as Willow in winter I just never end up using the Lavae because lighting something on fire is much more convenient to be honest, especially now that Willow can just absorb fires with her lighter.  
Science Machine? More like Thermal (Stone) Heater 3000

Good ole bait station.  You can hammer it for full resources so just put it down anywhere you need to warm up.  If you forget the time and it burns completely you still get full resources back.  EZ top off to 70 degrees.

4 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Good ole bait station.  You can hammer it for full resources so just put it down anywhere you need to warm up.  If you forget the time and it burns completely you still get full resources back.  EZ top off to 70 degrees.

I’m definitely trying out that trick the next time I need to warm up in winter, thanks for sharing this 

:wickerbottomthanks:

Has a “Year of” Event ever added any actual new survival based content? I missed a few of the earlier ones (like year of the pig & Varg)

I won’t get my hopes up too high for a new hostile mob added in the year of Dragon or Snake, but it sure would be nice..

Especially considering that DSTs Ocean leaves A LOT to still be desired…

It just makes sense to port over some key SW mobs for year of Dragon & Snake.

46 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I won’t get my hopes up too high for a new hostile mob added in the year of Dragon or Snake, but it sure would be nice..

Especially considering that DSTs Ocean leaves A LOT to still be desired…

It just makes sense to port over some key SW mobs for year of Dragon & Snake.

I understand snake since well.. Closest thing to a snake is depth dwellers..

But dragon..? We have DRAGONfly.

Archived