Year of the dragon needs to involve dragonfruit somehow

2 hours ago, -Nick- said:

I understand snake since well.. Closest thing to a snake is depth dwellers..

But dragon..? We have DRAGONfly.

I mean I don’t think ANY of the previous events were ever themed on a Singular Boss in the game but yeah.

it’s not like Klei DOESN’T have some Dragon themed enemies in their Archives, Dragoon, Forge Mobs, Unused Concepts Etc.

Maybe the update will include a Dragonfly Rework, but I’d also enjoy if it didn’t fully revolve around her.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean I don’t think ANY of the previous events were ever themed on a Singular Boss in the game but yeah.

it’s not like Klei DOESN’T have some Dragon themed enemies in their Archives, Dragoon, Forge Mobs, Unused Concepts Etc.

Maybe the update will include a Dragonfly Rework, but I’d also enjoy if it didn’t fully revolve around her.

If you want snakes, wait for next year. Year of the snake comes after year of the dragon.

1 hour ago, ShyRasan123 said:

If you want the seeds early, feed a catcoon some twigs, then repeat until 0.29% chance of a 1/10 chance works.

Or, if you're not a gambler, just go to the lunar island and ripen a saladmander, then feed its corpse to a bird.

1 hour ago, LeafyFly said:

I want a new dragon boss on the ocean, and there's nothing quite like that for the Year of the Dragon.

Chinese Dragons are more associated with water, rain, and thunder than the western version. They are also more peaceful.

Festive variants have a precedent at least.

Imagine... new biome. Primal island of elite dragons and elementals that disrupt this whole war of light/dark. Dragoons, coffee, lava protection gear, high physical resistance to the point you need to deal planar damage.

Maybe there is some server-wide warning players get after they cause the ruins to destabilize, and another after the fight with Celestial Champion (meteor hitting the Constant) and they arent too happy about all the world changing events affecting the land.

Could even be a brutal enough biome to almost require a group so people stopped playing solo...

I know they wouldnt have time to develop all of this content, but I can dream!

4 hours ago, Lvb said:

Imagine... new biome. Primal island of elite dragons and elementals that disrupt this whole war of light/dark. Dragoons, coffee, lava protection gear, high physical resistance to the point you need to deal planar damage.

Maybe there is some server-wide warning players get after they cause the ruins to destabilize, and another after the fight with Celestial Champion (meteor hitting the Constant) and they arent too happy about all the world changing events affecting the land.

Could even be a brutal enough biome to almost require a group so people stopped playing solo...

I know they wouldnt have time to develop all of this content, but I can dream!

Anything that requires you to have friends is bad content. Just look at how much people complain about Crab King, Bee Queen, and to a lesser extent Fuelweaver and Toadstool/Misery Toadstool; they're all designed around the idea of having multiple players doing multiple things during the fight, but they're tedious or frustrating to do solo without cheesing.

7 hours ago, DegenerateFurry said:

they're tedious or frustrating to do solo without cheesing

they aren't aside from CK with default damage multiplier

2 hours ago, Mr_Vol said:

Misery Dragonfly anyone?

From now on if you wet the dragonfly she turns into misery version.

This is b/c Klei hates lightning damage type being useful.

Seriously, has ANY of the previous year of events had Any Association with a Boss? I think the most you might get on that behalf is a Dragonfly fight rework, but I highly doubt the entire Year of Event is going to revolve around fighting Dragonfly.

I haven’t got many ideas as to what the event could be about, but I hope it includes some really wicked looking Chinese dragon statues (that don’t require fighting Dragonfly to obtain)

The Year of Events have always revolved around Lucky Gold Nuggets & an Associated Shop to buy event decorations/clothings from.

Year of the Kitcoon added the Kitcoons that were hidden in the games biomes, I think fishing in ponds (the ones that spawn Eels) and having those eels come out reskinned as Chinese Dragons would be pretty cool.

Maybe it could be a “Fishing” themed Year of Event- Chinese Dragons to the best of limited knowledge about them anyway, are associated with Water so it makes sense, I uhh I think? 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Seriously, has ANY of the previous year of events had Any Association with a Boss?

Year of the Warg

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Maybe it could be a “Fishing” themed Year of Event- Chinese Dragons to the best of limited knowledge about them anyway, are associated with Water so it makes sense, I uhh I think?

Unfortunately it doesn't, Chinese Dragons are commonly described as snake like creatures with fish scales, deer antler, eagle claws, tiger paws, etc etc...

It's not that relevant to fishing tbh

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Year of the Warg

vargs aren't bosses, or at least weren't back when year of the varg was added, not sure if they changed that after adding mutated varg 

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Seriously, has ANY of the previous year of events had Any Association with a Boss?

Other than the varg no because there is no bosses of those animals there is no carrat boss no rabbit boss etc i don't see why this one couldn't contain something to do with dragonfly

On 1/7/2024 at 1:51 AM, gamehun20 said:

Other than the varg no because there is no bosses of those animals there is no carrat boss no rabbit boss etc i don't see why this one couldn't contain something to do with dragonfly

Because dragonfly is a boss fight that has insanely high health and once killed takes forever to respawn again?

year of events have a central “Theme” you create a Shrine, you offer stuff to said shrine You then exchange lucky golden nuggets at said shrine to obtain new event themed base decorations.

YoTB added permanent changes to Beefalo Behavior, taming & the Beefalo Bell.

Year of the Catcoon added permanent changes to Catcoon Den Regrowth and allows players to rummage through their dens for supplies.

So I honestly don’t think the event is going to be about fighting a 27,500 hp raid boss.

If Anything, you’ll likely get a Rework of her entire fight, probably making it significantly easier, and if Antlion is any indication to go by they’ll probably add some completely “Passive” Way of obtaining Dragonfly’s loot drops.

Who knows.. maybe you can offer her a special gift so she lets you trespass through her biome without being murdered, or maybe you can trade her a Dragon Egg you find from god only knows where.. and she can “hatch” it for you into tiny Chinese Dragon pets, maybe Extra Adorable Larvae will get it’s much needed tweaks too.

Maybe you can craft something at the dragon shrine like a new food dish you can drop for Dragonfly which makes her gleefully “shake” her scales off for your useage.

I highly highly HIGHLY Doubt the event is going to revolve around a boss fight.

Even Year of the Varg had the Dog Whistle that made them your pals.

Archived