Jump to content

Boomerangs need buffs


Recommended Posts

I want to use boomerangs as weapons but damage and durability are way too low. 

Klei, Give boomerangs at least 50 uses and at least 51 damage. 

It costs you nothing to make my gaming experience 10 times better, so please do it and make this joke item the most fun weapon to use.

  • Like 11
  • GL Happy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:wilsondisappointed:

Edit: Thought about this for a bit and the main things I was thinking is that it was really cheap for it's price; 1 board 1 silk and 1 charcoal for this. But it doesn't seem too crazy considering what's already in the game. Also considering that if you fail to catch it every time, it only hits enemies five times, and added damage means you'd be taking even more if you happened to fail to catch it.

Edited by Pixil
Thought about it, boomerang go brrrr
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see players recommending auto boomerang client mod to each other to "help them play better".

 

The boomerang was designed to kill small creatures like birds and rabbits, or to attract the attention of creatures like Koalefant and Volt goat. Not to deal hundreds of damage to enemies. We already have too many item for that purpose, it's really boring to put everything into raid boss combat or elite monster combat like BS.

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

tbh I remember a long time ago modding boomerangs to the exact numbers you just suggested and the result was that I actually found them pretty fun to use and ended up incorporating them fairly often into my gameplay; of course even with stats such as these their uses were still quite limited and by no means were they something I was going to even attempt to use as my main source of damage, they mostly ended up serving as a utility tool at the cost of an inventory slot (similar to items such as the walking cane).

Of course with their current stats in current DST I literally never use them, I really wish they actually got buffed like this

Edited by Guille6785
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The boomerang is for killing small creatures and attracting the attention of large ones. If you want to use ranged combat use darts or character specific items. To suggest that it's a joke item in need of big buffs is like suggesting that the umbrella is a joke item in need of big buffs because it only does 17 damage and breaks after 20 swings.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

tbh I remember a long time ago modding boomerangs to the exact numbers you just suggested and the result was that I actually found them pretty fun to use and ended up incorporating them fairly often into my gameplay; of course even with stats such as these their uses were still quite limited and by no means were they something I was going to even attempt to use as my main source of damage, they mostly ended up serving as a utility tool at the cost of an inventory slot (similar to items such as the walking cane).

Of course with their current stats in current DST I literally never use them, I really wish they actually got buffed like this

You know what's a good way to support a post? Giving it a like :rolleyes:

I think rather than upgrading the boomerangs stats, Klei could make new crafts of boomerangs. Glass and/or living log boomerangs for example.

Glass crafts are so few and could be useful against shadows. A living log boomerang that also picks up items would be cool also (like for the ocean). Or whatever special effects Klei wants to give.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Cheggf said:

The boomerang is for killing small creatures and attracting the attention of large ones. If you want to use ranged combat use darts or character specific items. To suggest that it's a joke item in need of big buffs is like suggesting that the umbrella is a joke item in need of big buffs because it only does 17 damage and breaks after 20 swings.  

An ice staff is significantly better than a boomerang. It is cheaper to craft, has twice as many uses, faster, doesn't risk hurting the player and has more applications than just killing birds or aggroing volt goats. The one and only feature a boomerang has over ice staff is the damage. However, the damage it deals is completely negligible. Along with the throw/catch time, it might aswell deal no damage. It is currently next to worthless and is a waste of a silk. I'd say best move is to significantly buff its damage to let the boomerang be even remotely useful.

  • Like 5
  • GL Happy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BoMeRaNgs aRe fOr sMoL CreTures aNd geTting aGro 

Said someone who never experienced joy from juggle throwing 5 boomerangs at once. This is a seriously fun weapon you can use multiple of at once with higher damage/higher risk of getting hit. We even have bananarang skin, except unlike in terraria you actually need skill to simply throw this weapon. 

The only problem is they break every 2 seconds and can only scratch opponents. There is a cool tiger skin and I'm gonna buy it once the buff happens 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have one suggestion for boomerangs that would make them actually useful, hear me out on this-

Allow them to boomerang off multiple targets before coming back to you, more specifically… allow them to mostly be used exclusively in clearing out Baby Tentacles when attacking the large underground tentacle, because Currently- The best ways I know of to deal with them are to hire Bunnymen or Rock Lobsters.

But BOOMERANGS, now that would be a far more fun way to clear them out <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2023 at 7:48 AM, Cassielu said:

I can see players recommending auto boomerang client mod to each other to "help them play better".

 

The boomerang was designed to kill small creatures like birds and rabbits, or to attract the attention of creatures like Koalefant and Volt goat. Not to deal hundreds of damage to enemies. We already have too many item for that purpose, it's really boring to put everything into raid boss combat or elite monster combat like BS.

It wouldn't. In total the boomerang with those stats would do just barely over 2.5k damage, it'd be very time consuming to dish that damage out, and if a player learns to juggle multiple at once then better for them, using niche weapons in a proper way should be rewarded!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...