Klei please listen. The "survival" aspect of the game is dying slowly.

Every since diseases were removed, the game just got easier. Now we have willow doing 500 total damage at all sides in a screen range at day 1. You just need to kill the last bosses ONCE PER ACCOUNT(???) She can freaking kill 100 spiders with 5 "embers". Where are we going???? What's the result of this? Why are people not concerned about this?

I'll tell you why, because they can't see the full picture, an opinion based on "things being fun" or "we just wanna be happy" or "why can't we have the best side of both worlds at the same time?" is an immature and destructive idea, it's a ruined tought, a bad decision, nothing comes easy, everything starts to feel bland without a challenge, hence why sooo many rich people that are born rich unalive themselves, because life has no meaning if you have everything at all times without any difficulty, the game is no different, and we're already reaping what we sowed, the bad seeds that ruined the game core. these people are like babies who wanna play with a fork, and Klei is just giving them knives so they stop crying.

can we actually start doing things around balance again? No reward should come without hard work.

We need to do something about this, this is not ok.

Game is going down my friends, veeery low. and willow is just the tip of the iceberg, we got many more character way too overpowered right now, specially wormwood.

you were against the removal of disease? do you not criticize a feature as long as it makes the game more difficult, even if it does it in an undeserved or irritating way.

if hounds attack in summer and autumn, and something silly happens where a red hound dies near flammable structures? that's on me because the game clearly conveys that hounds are going to attack. same thing with giants like deerclops and bearger, the game doesn't just spawn them in the middle of your base without warning because that feels terrible. 

off-screen wildfires do NOT have the same feeling of player agency. the game gives you the tools to put out fires manually in droves (ice staves, luxury fans, water balloons etc.) but how are you supposed to react when some catastrophic base wildfire happens when you're moving away about to do something else? it's so poorly implemented that most either opt to turn off wildfires or just base in the oasis since they don't have to put up and fuel a ton of flingos to counter off-screen base burning.. 

please draw a line between irritating and robbing all agency from the player and making the game difficult in a fair and interactive way.

the fact that you watch beard and consider wormwood good already removes all your credibility tbh, wendy can kill 100 spiders with nothing, you can get ham bat day 1 too and it saves more time than most fire spells do unless you're fighting bee queen and maybe FW 

Killing spiders in mass is nothing special, the future of this game is being designed on the post rift side of the wall, that the level 1 boss gets steamrolled is to be expected in the planar damage world, as powercreep seeps in, the pendulumn is likely to swing the other way, and that level of damage scalling may barely keep up with boss healing.

36 minutes ago, Trips said:

do you not criticize a feature as long as it makes the game more difficult, even if it does it in an undeserved or irritating way

yes I do critical thinking, And in my point of view, if you take some natural resource, put next to your base, you're are (guess what) saving time, at what cost? moving them.

wait........... the act of doing something is already the penalty of the benefits from it? (??) (hmm) that might be wrong.

now, diseases corrupt some resources if we don't take a look at them, sure. but can't you check on them from time to time? I myself used to do that, and I could easily counter diseases. Oh wait, I left the base for too long and now I lost 5 or 10 grass tufts? well, I shoul've kept an eye on that, I can't have the best of both worlds right? haha. I can't have convenient resources at the palm of my hand very next to me without any downsides right? hahaha. maybe the rots that took me 3 days to generate are the downside right? well, for 20 harvest? damn, thats 3 days of works for an eternity of 500 days worth of not ever maintaining it.

41 minutes ago, Trips said:

you were against the removal of disease? do you not criticize a feature as long as it makes the game more difficult, even if it does it in an undeserved or irritating way.

if hounds attack in summer and autumn, and something silly happens where a red hound dies near flammable structures? that's on me because the game clearly conveys that hounds are going to attack. same thing with giants like deerclops and bearger, the game doesn't just spawn them in the middle of your base without warning because that feels terrible. 

off-screen wildfires do NOT have the same feeling of player agency. the game gives you the tools to put out fires manually in droves (ice staves, luxury fans, water balloons etc.) but how are you supposed to react when some catastrophic base wildfire happens when you're moving away about to do something else? it's so poorly implemented that most either opt to turn off wildfires or just base in the oasis since they don't have to put up and fuel a ton of flingos to counter off-screen base burning.. 

please draw a line between irritating and robbing all agency from the player and making the game difficult in a fair and interactive way.

they shouldn't have to remove it, but make it so the flies stay in the grass for longer. boom. fixed.

How come people actually watch beard777 without irony? I literally cant stand his voice and the manner of speech. Dude is literally wikipedia in a video format. 

Anyway, what was this post about? Oh right, the game becoming more and more easier, casual, and noob friendly. Well, duh, I honestly cant remember update that DID in fact, made your survival harder. Aside from Wolfgangs rework, after which he became unplayable. Good thing he is good and OP now, everyone besides Wilson is strong AND will becomd stronger with their skill trees release.

30 minutes ago, grm9 said:

the fact that you watch beard and consider wormwood good already removes all your credibility tbh, wendy can kill 100 spiders with nothing, you can get ham bat day 1 too and it saves more time than most fire spells do unless you're fighting bee queen and maybe FW 

that's the problem. The game is kinda everywhere now. 

The survival aspect of this game was only ever difficult when I was very inexperienced. I don't think the new player experience has changed much. The things new players struggle with all still exist.

The video you linked involves a strategy that almost no-one would bother with and I contend that Wolfgang with chili flake volt goat jelly and a stack of blowdarts is a stronger combo. If anything, I think it is cool that you CAN bother with a ridiculous strategy like that and it pays off. It means you have options on how you can play the game. If standard kiting patterns were the only way you could do damage, it would be less fun.

Also, I would argue that disease never made the survival aspects of the game harder. If you got to the point where disease was affecting your transplanted plants, you would have the means to replace any lost plants easily. The mechanic was an annoyance and nothing more.

8 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

1. Klei doesn't listen, they don't care. Brightshades, acid rain and lunar hail are the suposed 'survival elements' that were promised in the roadmap

2. Beard video :grey:

brightshades, acid rain and lunar hail are all good challenges, but they are instantly unavoidable. I thought we were gonna have some time before having to face them.

Ah its fine. Im sure Klei have some crazy statistics like only 15% of people have killed ancient fuelweaver.

Dst is a hard game, having and seeing these op skills locked behind AF and CC might motivate people to go out and kill them.

While pc players can cheat, console players still cant and have to unlock insight/affinities the hard way.

3 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Killing spiders in mass is nothing special, the future of this game is being designed on the post rift side of the wall, that the level 1 boss gets steamrolled is to be expected in the planar damage world, as powercreep seeps in, the pendulumn is likely to swing the other way, and that level of damage scalling may barely keep up with boss healing.

so you're saying everything is op because we can't see the new "challenges" along the way?

so what about the 10 different resources being useless with 1 single thing they added in the game? (brightshade gear)

2 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

I didn't like the nerfs to Acid Rain and Lunar Hail but at the same I can't agree with you... Disease :dejection:. Beard video :cold:.

stop saying "beard video" I don't even watch that guy, it's just a video, you guys are too mental. I don't relate to this guys I don't know him I don't like him I just put the video to show what I mean.

jesus what is wrong with that?

4 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

How come people actually watch beard777 without irony? I literally cant stand his voice and the manner of speech. Dude is literally wikipedia in a video format. 

Anyway, what was this post about? Oh right, the game becoming more and more easier, casual, and noob friendly. Well, duh, I honestly cant remember update that DID in fact, made your survival harder. Aside from Wolfgangs rework, after which he became unplayable. Good thing he is good and OP now, everyone besides Wilson is strong AND will becomd stronger with their skill trees release.

it got to a point where if things keep going this way. we're doomed. I prefer 1 to 2 year updates then every month a big question mark nonsense.

4 minutes ago, GimplyGoose said:

The survival aspect of this game was only ever difficult when I was very inexperienced. I don't think the new player experience has changed much. The things new players struggle with all still exist.

The video you linked involves a strategy that almost no-one would bother with and I contend that Wolfgang with chili flake volt goat jelly and a stack of blowdarts is a stronger combo. If anything, I think it is cool that you CAN bother with a ridiculous strategy like that and it pays off. It means you have options on how you can play the game. If standard kiting patterns were the only way you could do damage, it would be less fun.

Also, I would argue that disease never made the survival aspects of the game harder. If you got to the point where disease was affecting your transplanted plants, you would have the means to replace any lost plants easily. The mechanic was an annoyance and nothing more.

it wasn't an "annoyance", every single challenge in the game is an "annoyance". It just needed to be changed a bit. not completely REMOVED. like what?...

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

so you're saying everything is op because we can't see the new "challenges" along the way?

so what about the 10 different resources being useless with 1 single thing they added in the game? (brightshade gear)

The title of your post is that the survival aspect of the game is dying slowly. I disagree with this premise and would argue that the survival aspects of this game disappear for anyone with 20+ hours of gameplay in any released version.

yes, wolfgang strong bla bla bla. but he's supposed to be strong DUH. that's his design. so he's meant to be what he was born to be DUH.

wormwood having late game vines with BS gear is kinda fine, but pair that with a super easier way to manage my blooming(it's a no brainer now compared to what it was) and the third hit proc on bramble husk that makes him a fighter already, that shouldn't be the case.

Just now, GimplyGoose said:

The title of your post is that the survival aspect of the game is dying slowly. I disagree with this premise and would argue that the survival aspects of this game disappear for anyone with 20+ hours of gameplay in any released version.

I argue that you cannot master the game with 20+hours of gameplay.

I think the game is way more complex than that. I think that the actual aspects of the game that are hard to master take up to 90 hours.

how are you gonna master wagstaff minigame in 20 hours? and know every single name of the tools he needs?

11 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

While I do agree you should know there's never going to be a threat that requires the power we get simply because by that logic Wilson and Wes would need to be raised to that same level to compete for example these are more so just going to be tools to ease the burden of slightly harder content like brightshades.

7 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Ah its fine. Im sure Klei have some crazy statistics like only 15% of people have killed ancient fuelweaver.

Dst is a hard game, having and seeing these op skills locked behind AF and CC might motivate people to go out and kill them.

While pc players can cheat, console players still cant and have to unlock insight/affinities the hard way.

yet, the thing still does 500 damage at the cost of killing fuelweaver and getting 5 embers. Now I'll tell you one thing, I think the game should be balanced around the people who actually play the standard don't starve together experience for long periods of time, so they can tell what is possible and what's not. you can't just tell it is balanced because supposedly only 15% of people ever killed fw.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

While I do agree you should know there's never going to be a threat that requires the power we get simply because by that logic Wilson and Wes would need to be raised to that same level to compete for example these are more so just going to be tools to ease the burden of slightly harder content like brightshades.

it just makes the game easier playing wendy. 

honestly, Klei, just when you make the wes skill tree, make him an abomination of a hard character, not annoying, but give me rewards on knowing how the game works. reward me by killing all bosses day 90 and zero'ing the game in seconds, if not, I will NEVER have replayability. cause I hate megabases.

I went to play wormwood cause IMO I tought his healing mechanic would make him harder then wes, and they reworked wes so I came back to him. Playing wolf feels like cheating, and now my sacred willow is just a maxwell no.2

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

honestly, screw this, screw this whole topic. Klei, just when you make the wes skill tree, make him an abomination of a hard character, not annoying, but give me rewards on knowing how the game works. reward me by killing all bosses day 90 and zero'ing the game in seconds, if not, I will NEVER have replayability. cause I hate megabases.

Sorry I know the feeling but as I said earlier it's better to accept what the game is now and change your expectations for it.

Just now, Picklesaurus said:

Calling others mental is not helping your argument :wilson_cool:

I don't even know what mental actually means , again I'm not english speaker so sorry if it offends you.

the game have 0 replayability. you guys are right in most of what you said. my question stands for balanced of gameplay and replayability. you cant just tell me 500 damage a spell costing 5 embers with a varg breath copy is cool

I think Klei only replayability is the characters

that's why they're doing a skill tree

Archived