End game content

11 hours ago, cropo said:

Can you, um...explain to me in detail how making the rain not damage useless mobs penned up in cages is going to compromise the challenge of the game?

Like, the things you're saying sound good and noble if we're talking about something like megabasers asking to remove all hazards in the game or like make all bosses do only 1 damage or something crazy. But you're planting your flag on the hill of -checks papers- destroying useless decorative structures. This really isn't the argument you want to make for this in my opinion, can you honestly look me in the eyes and tell me obnoxious falling boulders and trivial lunar rain is a genuine feature and challenge in the game? Content that is so important, that removing it would truly be a detrimental effect on survival?

Can you honestly claim that boulders and lunar rain (Lets focus on this for now) have changed the difficulty, added any interesting challenge or ways to engage with the game? That having them not destroy structures, breaking useless decorations, and interrupting gameplay for a few seconds, is committing an atrocity to the legacy of ultimate survival that this game gives?

If these two features were removed or changed to be less targeted towards pointless areas of the game, would you wake up and cry ''Ugh, time to quit, this is no longer the challenging survival game that I have to adapt to!".

Can you give me some bigger explanation as to why you need to have the mechanics act this way other than ''Get stuffed, annoying megabasers, you deserve it for making silly little side-projects!" because I just can't fathom how people are treating these features like they are some divine and ultimate example of challenge and fun. 

It's just getting so crazy trying to wrap my head around this, this is the content people are defending?  Not something like the overabundance of charcoal when trees are lit on fire, the reduction in costs to turf materials and accessibility to cobblestones? The cobblestone change is actually a HUGE gameplay advantage that actually does trivialize travel and fighting, so I wouldn't be siding with megabasers if I was around for that update and people complained about that because I would agree on it.

But...random falling boulders that are not a threat, and just destroy things and litter the map obnoxiously? Nothing else? That's it? That's all they do? And having them not act this way is a blight on the games image? I just can't man...

I agree that boulders are just annoying rather than challenging for survival, but players with the styles of "megabasers" want the removal of these mechanics, and not that they offer a real challenge to survival.

And what's wrong with a megabaser for a hail mechanic, if he doesn't even destroy the base? He was removed the ability to deal damage to mobs

4 minutes ago, Sanitar said:

removed the ability to deal damage to mobs

No.. absolutely not,  the Klei developers even specifically stated they wanted to KEEP the damage it does to mobs, however have choosen to temporarily disable it while they work on more appropriate behavior mechanics for mobs to interact with it.

(such as taking cover & hiding when lunar hail starts)

Klei did not cave to peer pressure and disable the hail damage completely & forever.

11 hours ago, cropo said:

Snip

Small amounts of destruction when added up, for example diff types, one for each season (like hail before nerfed). Would create A challenge that I think could fit well in this game for those that choose to activate it. It isn't something we've had in any real meaningful way before. (Deerclops is way too easy to counter) but I agree boulders were too destructive. Hail was manageable. I'd like to see this aspect developed further. But the player base isn't even allowing it. 

It was also more than just the hail too. Rifts were nerfed so that they don't effect anything (another thing that can be ignored) Instead of coming up with a challenging/fun way to close them if they were in A area where they could do some serious damage. And punish you in A way this game never has before if you don't beat this challenge and close it. This is some endgame content that some of us would love but instead ppl are forcing all mechanics to fall under your sandbox rules no matter what. Your not even allowing a OPTION for a different style of play and that's sad!

Y'all I have no idea how this stuff is even still going on, I am amazed by it.

Just gonna say the beta was amazing but hail and grammophone lasting 3 seconds were things bothering me, however I will focus on hail, given the best resource sources (speaking grass and twigs) come from mobs and there is no good way to protect them (or good alternatives really), yes I do know big trees exist but I heard those have an actually smaller radius for mob protection, they are incredibly restrictive and also big trees are just lag inducing.

No, unlike every single message in this thread I am fairly aware a single hail does not completely destroy every living species, somehow you seem to miss the point that these mobs do not regenerate HP and WILL die over time with no good way to counter it.

I still am unsure why you think people with bases want every single threat gone when usually it goes like "why does this exist, it's just kinda annoying, there could be a more thought out mechanic instead" followed by "OH THESE PESKY MEGABASERS ALWAYS RUINING OUR FUN DON'T YOU KNOW THE FART MECHANIC THAT SLIGHTLY PUSHES ITEMS TO THE LEFT IS VITAL TO THIS GAME"

Hail isn't even this amazing thing it's just surface earthquake, I don't intend to sound mean with that, but earthquakes were already... trivial.

6 minutes ago, CuteC said:

Hail isn't even this amazing thing it's just surface earthquake, I don't intend to sound mean with that, but earthquakes were already... trivial.

This is my whole point in both my posts above. Instead of expanding on it to create a challenge in a way we have never had before, the Majority of the player base demand that it not damage anything but the player so nothing new will ever come of it. Same with my example of the rifts. Instead of creating new challenges and different ways to play the game we are stuck with the same rules we've been stuck with for the past 6 years! 

50 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

This is my whole point in both my posts above. Instead of expanding on it to create a challenge in a way we have never had before, the Majority of the player base demand that it not damage anything but the player so nothing new will ever come of it. Same with my example of the rifts. Instead of creating new challenges and different ways to play the game we are stuck with the same rules we've been stuck with for the past 6 years! 

Sounds like Moon Quay Pirate Raids and Wonkey curse, instead of getting something unique and interesting it largely got shoved under a bus..

3 hours ago, Sanitar said:

I agree that boulders are just annoying rather than challenging for survival, but players with the styles of "megabasers" want the removal of these mechanics, and not that they offer a real challenge to survival.

And what's wrong with a megabaser for a hail mechanic, if he doesn't even destroy the base? He was removed the ability to deal damage to mobs

We don't want to remove things, but we want ways to deal with those things. 

11 hours ago, Habakkuk said:

We don't want to remove things, but we want ways to deal with those things. 

After all, they added pillars for confrontation with boulders.It seems that the only one against whom it is impossible to resist is Deadly Brightshade. I agree here that they need to add something against Deadly Brightshade

1 hour ago, Sanitar said:

After all, they added pillars for confrontation with boulders.It seems that the only one against whom it is impossible to resist is Deadly Brightshade. I agree here that they need to add something against Deadly Brightshade

how about a powerful ranged planar weapon that uses hound teeth for ammo?

1 hour ago, Sanitar said:

Deadly brightshades are fine imo, the majority of their temperment can be manipulated and they don't destroy structures. The only change they should add is to make strictly decorative plants and bushes that are not considered plants and can't be harvested. 

7 hours ago, LitulLola said:

If ppl are having such a problem with brightshades just turn it off till you get them back under control or want to start farming them again. 

The problem with this is you need to entirely disable the rift to do this, and then you lose out on all of the other challenges/interests the rift has, which also include the bosses and the hail. The bosses are fine for me and I don’t really mind them and I’m sure the eventual proper hail adjustments will make them more tolerable, but brightshades are a constant force and don’t stop spawning.

I really hope they do add specific sliders for rift content such as being able to adjust the brightshades or other features. A lot of other world settings have this level of customization, and it’s unfortunate the rifts haven’t really caught up to that yet.

8 hours ago, LitulLola said:

If ppl are having such a problem with brightshades just turn it off till you get them back under control or want to start farming them again. 

I think it is okay to have honest feedback and say that you are getting too much of something (cave boulders).

On one end of the spectrum you don't want something to be so rare that not everyone on the server can get the related crafts in a timely manner, but on the other end you don't want to give so much that it becomes a burden to deal with.

3 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

The problem with this is you need to entirely disable the rift to do this, and then you lose out on all of the other challenges/interests the rift has, which also include the bosses and the hail. The bosses are fine for me and I don’t really mind them and I’m sure the eventual proper hail adjustments will make them more tolerable, but brightshades are a constant force and don’t stop spawning.

I really hope they do add specific sliders for rift content such as being able to adjust the brightshades or other features. A lot of other world settings have this level of customization, and it’s unfortunate the rifts haven’t really caught up to that yet.

I just recommend turning them off when they get overwhelming and then just toggle it back on once you get them under control or you want to fight a boss. If you toggle on and off you can avoid most of the brightshades while still enjoying the content. I think the prob is that "too many" is going to be different for everyone. I have mine set to lots because I hoard resources. Especially brightshade loot/gear, it's just the way I play and I don't find them that much of a bother. But something did happen to their spawn times before the official release, my last 2 rifts didn't spawn any brightshades. Has anyone else experienced this?

3 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

Im legit surprised that absolutely no one is complaining about Armored Bearger.. I had a gashalt infest his dead carcass and being him back to life, I deeply deeply underestimated what this was going to do.

Normal Bearger only attacks “food sources” Armored Bearger However… Becomes a Combination of Bearger & Deerclops- And will pretty much destroy everything in its path.

SpiderNests, Pig Villages, uhh for some reason it also attacks Deadly Brightshades despite being the same type of alien entity that creates Brightshades??

He’s a Bear of Pure Destruction! 
and he unfortunately happened to be the first of the new Lunar Possessed Mobs I Encountered, I’ve yet to experience the Varg or Deerclops, But the new Bearger alone was more than enough.. 

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im legit surprised that absolutely no one is complaining about Armored Bearger.. I had a gashalt infest his dead carcass and being him back to life, I deeply deeply underestimated what this was going to do.

Normal Bearger only attacks “food sources” Armored Bearger However… Becomes a Combination of Bearger & Deerclops- And will pretty much destroy everything in its path.

SpiderNests, Pig Villages, uhh for some reason it also attacks Deadly Brightshades despite being the same type of alien entity that creates Brightshades??

and he unfortunately happened to be the first of the new Lunar Possessed Mobs I Encountered, I’ve yet to experience the Varg or Deerclops, But the new Bearger alone was more than enough.. 

I think because Bearger is a forseeable, counteractable and beneficial threat. You know they're coming, you have a reliable means of defeating them and you get a unique award for doing so. It's not like other forms of base destruction that feel tedious or almost impossible to defend against, it's something that can be well prepared for and provides many avenues of doing so rather than shoehorning the player into a single solution. Plus it comes with rewards, so it's not just difficult for the sake of challenge and giving the player more things to do. It's a risk that offers benefits which improve the player's quality of life. 

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because there's nothing to complain about him? He is a solid boss as it is now. And bearger is actually dead, this is just a gestalt puppeteering the corpse.

Well, I guess it attacking brightshades is kinda odd, I suppose.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:17 PM, _zwb said:

Just kill her in a proper battle arena far away from any structures

Cmon that ain't the Mike way though, gotta fight it right where you've got some big build you spent hours making or near your base so that some real "challenging" destruction takes place and you're forced to rebuild a bunch of stuff :lol:

On 10/27/2023 at 2:48 AM, GelatinousCube said:

Cmon that ain't the Mike way though, gotta fight it right where you've got some big build you spent hours making or near your base so that some real "challenging" destruction takes place and you're forced to rebuild a bunch of stuff :lol:

This is unnecessary. There have been a few of your posts making fun of him and how he likes to play the game. It's not helpful, constructive or kind. Just because he would like to see a danger to his base or his view of a challenge is different than yours doesn't make it any less valid than yours.

1 hour ago, LitulLola said:

This is unnecessary. There have been a few of your posts making fun of him and how he likes to play the game. It's not helpful, constructive or kind. Just because he would like to see a danger to his base or his view of a challenge is different than yours doesn't make it any less valid than yours.

How to revive a post that died almost 2 weeks ago

Archived