I’m Wurt, and the bearger bin makes me feel left out

Hey, Wurt here. I’m feeling really left out of all the hype around the bearger bin.

I love watching humans, and I love watching them eat all sorts of neat foods in the crockpot! Humans manage to take a few everyday items and turn them into an amazingly wide variety of  meals! Meals that feed them, meals that heal them! It’s so cool! Sometimes they offer me some, but basically all crockpot dishes contain meat, so as a merm I have to say no, including to the neato egg dishes that were discovered a few months ago. 

But it’s ok! I have my own amazingly wide variety of food! I can eat berries, cactus, butterflies, honey, kelp, stone fruit and all the b i g foods that come out of the garden! And more! Not everyone likes the same foods and that’s ok! Humans like meat and crockpot dishes, and I like kelp and durian!

But now all the humans are excited about this new bearger bin that they will store food in, and I can’t really use it and it makes me sad. The only crockpot dish that’s worthwhile for me to mass produce is trail mix. Everything else is just not worth the ingredients or the prep time to make. So even if a bearger bin is available to me, I’ll still just be eating kelp and other vegetables and watching it quickly spoil.

Is there anything you can do to include me with this item? I had some ideas of what would excite me:

• Let me store my farm vegetables there
  • Make it refresh fish like a tin fishin bin so I can refresh my pocket fish when I’m on the go
  • Teach His Royal Highness King Flop of the Merm Realm to feed himself out of the bearger bin so I can go on longer adventures without having to feed him as often

22 minutes ago, kaTome said:
  • Let me store my farm vegetables there
  • Make it refresh fish like a tin fishin bin so I can refresh my pocket fish when I’m on the go
  • Teach His Royal Highness King Flop of the Merm Realm to feed himself out of the bearger bin so I can go on longer adventures without having to feed him as often

I believe just let dried foods be put in so then dried kelp could.

The fish thing is op since permanant no risk season immunity, and there are some decent crock foods you can put in it like jam, dragon pies, figatoni, and potential Warly spiced stuff.

I dont understand the crockpot dishes only restriction. 

the survivor whos even more negatively impacted by this than wurt is wormwood.

No cooked green caps, no moon shrooms, no carrots, no dragonfruit, no lightbulbs, no corn, no pumpkins, no bananas…

Totally useless 

I don't get the hype either.

The insulated pack still beats the bin hands down and completely paused spoilage from bundles is still better as well.

Also by the time the bin becomes available bundles are way more accessible because of several Klaus kills over all the ingame years.

I think it's more a case of klei needing to make better non meat crock pot dishes as it is true that it's mostly worthless to use the crockpot as Wurt.

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I believe just let dried foods be put in so then dried kelp could.

The fish thing is op since permanant no risk season immunity, and there are some decent crock foods you can put in it like jam, dragon pies, figatoni, and potential Warly spiced stuff.

The issues with those dishes are they're more trouble to make than their worth aside from jam but even then it's probably not worth stockpiling jam regardless of how cheap it is.

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

I dont understand the crockpot dishes only restriction. 

No cooked green caps, no moon shrooms, no carrots, no dragonfruit, no lightbulbs, no corn, no pumpkins, no bananas…

Totally useless 

Dude, there is no negative impact. Like it is not a nerf to those characters, you may call them the least benefited. But calling it a negative impact is wrong.

My Wormwood diet consist mainly of meaty stews and leftover seeds.

I use the bin to store Warly foods :D(Also, I realized that their buffs are extra buggy).

53 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The issues with those dishes are they're more trouble to make than their worth aside from jam but even then it's probably not worth stockpiling jam regardless of how cheap it is.

True. I think all the food needs a rebalance in stats. There are things you need to go out of your way to get but the payoff is still worse than Meatballs and Pierogies. What's the point of investing your time to farm specific corps for dishes if the said dishes are still subpar compared to what you can get without farming?

23 minutes ago, SapoLover said:

I don't get it. You can make dragonpies and fist full of jam, just like everyone else makes pierogis and meatballs.

Hide contents

Creamy potato pureé S tier

Compare the effort for a dragonpie to a pierogi it's a massive difference heck most Wurt players don't even farm because of how inefficient it is for her. Heck even the small portion I've seen that do only grow potatoes and tomatoes and that's purely for healing. As for jam you don't make it cause it's good but because it's the cheapest thing you got compared to meatballs and not in a good way.

6 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Compare the effort for a dragonpie to a pierogi it's a massive difference heck most Wurt players don't even farm because of how inefficient it is for her. Heck even the small portion I've seen that do only grow potatoes and tomatoes and that's purely for healing. As for jam you don't make it cause it's good but because it's the cheapest thing you got compared to meatballs and not in a good way.

I mean it's not like farming dragonfruit is that difficult once you got seeds (which at that point of the game you probs do), just plop those in the garden once it hits summer and you're golden, for twigs you just gotta have some grass gators and they easily overproduce.

6 minutes ago, CuteC said:

I mean it's not like farming dragonfruit is that difficult once you got seeds (which at that point of the game you probs do), just plop those in the garden once it hits summer and you're golden, for twigs you just gotta have some grass gators and they easily overproduce.

I'm not saying they're hard to make just that they're not worth investing in over tomatoes and potatoes because they take less effort.

I grow dfruit all the time, it really isn't difficult. During spring the farm plot will water itself, and you can take care of the fertiliser value by werepigging some pigs (use a one man band to hire them first) and spamming manure onto each farm plot. You can grow ~8 plots of giant dragonfruit and get a huge harvest. If anything Wurt players benefit quite a lot from this bin because dpies last longer in the bin than meaty stews do.

Bin should take any food that

1. takes a long time to make (this condition excludes cooked food), and

2. is made from a different material (this condition excludes berries, mushrooms, cactus).

That would include pot food, farm crops, and dried food.

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

As for jam you don't make it cause it's good but because it's the cheapest thing you got compared to meatballs and not in a good way.

Yeah, shouldn't have included jam, ratatouille is a better comparison to meatballs. I don't even why I included an alternative for meatballs, dragonpies already cover hunger. Spicy vegetable stinger is better to complement dragonpies. There, all three stats covered by vegan dishes. Best of all, you can grow them giant because they combo.

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Compare the effort for a dragonpie to a pierogi it's a massive difference heck most Wurt players don't even farm because of how inefficient it is for her.

Well, I'm not most Wurt players, but I can say that even if Wurt can survive out of kelp, cactus and potatoes, farming makes managing stats a lot easier due to the longer spoilage time. I consider it an invesment. If you consider them not worth enough, that's on you, and Exo.

3 hours ago, Ohan said:

As a wormwood main the bearger bin is very nice

By the time I’ll have the bearger bin I’ll already have a surplus of dragon pies and all sorts of other dishes that I could stuff in there. I guess it depends entirely on your playstyle and diet, but for me it’s very nice to have.

25 minutes ago, SapoLover said:

Yeah, shouldn't have included jam, ratatouille is a better comparison to meatballs. I don't even why I included an alternative for meatballs, dragonpies already cover hunger. Spicy vegetable stinger is better to complement dragonpies. There, all three stats covered by vegan dishes. Best of all, you can grow them giant because they combo.

Well, I'm not most Wurt players, but I can say that even if Wurt can survive out of kelp, cactus and potatoes, farming makes managing stats a lot easier due to the longer spoilage time. I consider it an invesment. If you consider them not worth enough, that's on you, and Exo.

Eh agree to disagree I guess I'm just going by what I see Wurt players do and what every Wurt player until now I've spoken to has done alongside how I personally go about it. Do what you feel but I just see that as more effort for more or less the same pay off. To be clear though I'm not saying wether your right or wrong I just don't see the value personally as it feels like something you can do rather than being worth doing.

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Eh agree to disagree I guess I'm just going by what I see Wurt players do and what every Wurt player until now I've spoken to has done alongside how I personally go about it. Do what you feel but I just see that as more effort for more or less the same pay off. To be clear though I'm not saying wether your right or wrong I just don't see the value personally as it feels like something you can do rather than being worth doing.

To each their own. I play alone most of the time anyway, so I couldn't care less about what others do in their worlds. I was just saying my perspective on the situation (Not being able to put raw ingredients in the bearger bin). I don't have problem with how food works, but wouldn't mind if they improved/balanced out some dishes neither. Ultimately...

Spoiler

On 10/5/2023 at 10:51 AM, Pedro cc said:

meanwhile main wandas with 6 stacks of taffy

No wonder Wanda has to turn back time so often, she must be losing all her teeth to that endless sugar in every aging cycle she goes through!

Why is taffy so great for Wanda btw? I rarely play her what does she need all that sanity for? I get she avoids the 3 damage the taffy does but why else is it so good for Wanda Mains? Hang on its her favourite food isn't it and restores more hunger...? I forgot about that (if that is the case). 

Archived