[Game Update] - 566103

Let this string of updates be the nail in the coffin to people that still use the "Klei never listens to feedback" hyperbole.

I'm still not happy with the skill tree concept as a whole tbh (the way you unlock it and the day 1 impact, as many have critiqued) - but I'm glad what is there continues to be honed and adjusted to community feedback. Good work, devs!

• Like 8
  • Health 4
  • Big Ups 4

1 hour ago, V2C said:
  • Weremoose now gains stunlock resistance during the 2nd and 3rd hits of the Weremoose Mastery combo.
  • Reverted the changes to physical damage of Weremoose Mastery combo smash.

this is my firs time here in DST forums and i like it here haha

thank you for reverting the damage on weremoose i really appreciate it ! 

and the new stunlock resistance is a nice touch TBH

finally a good woodie buff

it has been a while since we got somthing new for our lumberjack here 

i can't wait for this update to drop (especially on ps4 )

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

29 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

You can’t just “bully” a company by just saying constructive criticism. 

But was it constructive criticism?

jokes aside, some people need to learn how to propperly voice their concerns and feedback, as for most of the time, they sound like they are just hating for the sake of hate.

Also, I just realized, with the petals perk (From Wormwood skill tree), you could keep a Lightbug in your pocket at all times, basically making the Lunar Cultivator II useless.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I still can't believe I have to convince people even after we got what we wanted, but it's to ensure that skill distributions are properly rewarded instead of exploiting a faster attack rate which can't be taken out of the game, at risk of having the entire combat experience feel altogether clunky. 

Man, you dont.

i mean really, you dont have to reply to anyone disagreeing with you.

and you’re not going to convince ME at least that the nerf WASNT warranted.

like, its cool yknow? we can just agree to disagree, theres no hostility here i just don’t agree that moose should be the strongest dps woodie should put out. 

and there’s no point in trying to pick apart that statement to “prove me wrong” either. You’re not going to convince me. Its the internet baby i’ll believe whatever i want.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

the way you unlock it and the day 1 impact, as many have critiqued

This is the big one for any future updates IMO.

I actually want perk trees to be really powerful, but right out of the gate, having this much power on day 1 after the accumulation of points can be where potential future perk points go to die. 

However, a time based quota isn't something I'm absolutely cool with either. 

We need two things for Wormwood skill tree, and it will be perfect!

Fly Trap should be replaced with Petal Production, super easy, already exists in the game

Final Mushroom skill should allow Wormwood to place moon shrooms in the mushroom planter

I think this is it, we are so close to perfection

Edited by MidasHow
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2

9 minutes ago, EatenCheetos said:

Wormwood unlimited light with light bugs? Seems awesome! :)

Sadly, I only realized that too late, petal production, my beloved perk, I will cherish the time that we had ToGetHer. (I will probably find a mod to add it back).

1 hour ago, Zima Blue said:

Can someone test if Wickebottom's Lux Aeterna Redux heals Wormwood too?

Tested and no, it does not currently. It definitely should though, because it has the same "daylight" tag that photosynthesis checks for now. I've submitted a bug report for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, MidasHow said:

We need two things for Wormwood skill tree, and it will be perfect!

Fly Trap should be replaced with Petal Production, super easy, already exists in the game

Final Mushroom skill should allow Wormwood to place moon shrooms in the mushroom planter

I think this is it, we are so close to perfection

So close! Ahhhhh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Wormwood’s Photosynthesis skill will now absorb daylight from other sources such as Dwarf Stars.

This take like a century to regen 10 hp, i would like to speed up regen or just change it to petal production like it was.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

While I feel like this should have applied to the form in general I feel like it's a good enough compromise thanks Kiel

From my limited testing I can say I was wrong and Kiel made the right choice here. While I haven't tested it against absolutely everything from what I tested it on this strikes a perfect middle ground between the charge and itself because it works best against small groups best however that slight gap inbetween when the first left hook's reset after the pound keeps it from destroying large hordes as with enough mobs they'll hit that blind spot freeing you to get stunlocked striking the perfect balance of when you should pound against hordes vs charging. So far the only mob this seems to shred is tentacles but even then you take a massive amount of damage in exchange for this method so it's not the best idea.

• Like 1

If there is only a small health recovery effect, I would prefer to accept the acquisition of petals:???:
I was hoping to see more of Wormwood's skill branch update that actually worked, but nothing happened...I can't understand why Wormwood's skills are a little too ineffective compared to those of other adventurers

:关注:Why can't we let wormwood photosynthesize in normal times instead of when it is blooming?
     It has to be said that the health recovery effect is still too weak.
:) 

I'm personally a fan of passive-healing, life-leech, and other forms of artificial sustainability in all games I play so I would rather they nerfed his damage and gave him back his old life regen, but am totally cool with the damage side of things. Also liking the buffs to wormwood followers. 

So we got 3 nice skill trees, a structure to stop griefing, and the ability to repair our planar equipment. Pretty good update overall and I am excited to see what the future holds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valase said:

Sadly, I only realized that too late, petal production, my beloved perk, I will cherish the time that we had ToGetHer. (I will probably find a mod to add it back).

Petal production was very strong. When i was playing in that patch i casually had 60 rot in my inventory in spring and i could just make as many pretty parasols as i wanted I don't think we are getting back the original version 

• Like 5
  • Sanity 1