[Game Update] - 552138

• Developer

Changes

• Added Infused Moon Shard to Brightshade Bomb recipe. Next hotfix.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash related to the combat component.
  • Fixed a crash when recoiling on the Cracked Pillar.
  • Fixed a crash with the Grazer brain.
  • Fixed changing world settings options for Rifts.
  • Fixed being unable to target some parts of the Deadly Brightshade with your mouse.

Notes for Modders

• R28_LUNAR_RIFT is present to detect the current beta for mod compatibility.

View full update

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1

Nice!

Also, I don't want to see any hotfix releases this weekend. Go home, enjoy the long weekend, spend time with your family. Alright? Alright. 8-)

Edited by X-lem
That didn’t mean to sound sarcastic :)
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Wavey 1

So much is underwhelming for the price and what you have to go through for the items from what i can tell.

The armor is post-Champ armor, and it is just a reskined set of football helmet and logsuit, it really needs at least 90% protection for it to be even worth using (not to mention the outrageously difficult way of obtaining husks)

The sword is 200 uses, double that of the dark sword, which i really enjoy, and the extra dmg on nightmare creatures is also nice, just sad that it costs so much and locked behind Champ. Could prove to be an interesting strat to kill CC before AFW, of course the armor is still garbage but usable.

The staff has got to be the worst case of the game not allowing ranged combat to be useful ever. Insultingly expensive, even more useless than a boomerang because at least boomerang kills birds.

The extra Pick/Axe is ok as well, another way for end game tools, but the same can't be said about the shovel as of now. I REALLY hope it gets improved.

I hope update comes out a banger!

1 hour ago, IAmAFurrz said:

The staff has got to be the worst case of the game not allowing ranged combat to be useful ever. Insultingly expensive, even more useless than a boomerang because at least boomerang kills birds.

the staff shoots homing bullets and from what i have heard the armor supposedly boosts the damage of the sword a tiny bit

9 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

the staff shoots homing bullets

True, never noticed but they do home in.
Take's about 10 shots to kill a spider.
10 damage, 50 uses, homes in on things.
I think that's 1/5th of a staff for a single spider.

Armor doesn't seem to do a whole lot for the sword damage wise, spider takes two hits.

The set bonus makes you deal +14.28 damage extra to shadow creatures.
You take less damage from Lunar enemies with the set on.

For example the sword itself will do 68 to a spider and 74.8 (10% extra) to a crawling horror.

2 hours ago, -Variant said:
12 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

the staff shoots homing bullets

Aren't all of the staves technically homing?

I tried with a fire staff just to compare and those fire balls be curving!

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

Take's about 10 shots to kill a spider.
10 damage, 50 uses, homes in on things.
I think that's 1/5th of a staff for a single spider.

Is there any use for this? Is it solely meant to be a weapon? and if so in what situation would 10 dmg be desirable? Only thing i can think of is Wagstaff defense

1 minute ago, dzzydzzy said:

Is there any use for this? Is it solely meant to be a weapon? and if so in what situation would 10 dmg be desirable? Only thing i can think of is Wagstaff defense

well you see, it does 10 damage

On 4/8/2023 at 5:09 PM, gamehun20 said:

the staff shoots homing bullets and from what i have heard the armor supposedly boosts the damage of the sword a tiny bit

hurray after knowing how to kill CC, i would love to have a weapon worse than the boomerang, and can kill a whopping 3.3 crawling horrors, that i will definitely need because i have never seen this game in and just stumbled upon a dead CC.

the staff is utter garbage how can anything be so insultingly bad

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

2 hours ago, IAmAFurrz said:

hurray after knowing how to kill CC, i would love to have a weapon worse than the boomerang, and can kill a whopping 3.3 crawling horrors, that i will definitely need because i have never seen this game in and just stumbled upon a dead CC.

the staff is utter garbage how can anything be so insultingly bad

No matter Klei add over the years, nothing can beat good ol ham bat and football helmet

• Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1