Mods into game?

I mean, Klei decides to add Pliers into ONI, but doesn't bother with Geometric Placement/Combined Status for DST players were asking for for years.

Is there a specific reason for that except "uwaaaa this will braek the gaym"?

Sry if this was already asked, imma slowpoke in terms of dst for the last year.

P.S.: ik about quick drop being added 2+ years ago.

There is part of the experience gone from the game when you see a building grid, so new players shouldn't have it on. I do think that it should be made part of DST but only if it is disabled by default.

Combined status gives too much information, the biggest problem is that it shows you your temperature and this makes the game a lot easier so it should stay as a mod.

I've recently tried to explain a little on the why here in the second part. But to elaborate a little more on that than the rest since it wasn't the main focus of that topic... I think it might be meant to happen at some point since it's such an essential thing, a lot of people ask for it and that would be just great to have everyone benefiting from it and not just people that have access to the workshop, however it would have to be it's own thing not just grabbing GP itself so it's more fit with the image of DST and developers viewpoints (and legitimate). That's likely to be what takes the most time to go and replicate the basics of a big mod without breaking other mods somewhere between what's already scheduled in updates which got to be possible with some much appreciated efforts.
And despite the long historic of updates we still haven't seen that many labelled as QoL while they've been improving the game structure the most, if there were more of them to come out I'm sure this could see the day especially with one focused on building since there are a lot more I'd personally like to be changed with placements, spacing and blockers.

Just now, ADM said:

. I think it might be meant to happen at some point since it's such an essential thing,

I repeat myself, the devs might be investigating that feature in the future but people will have to be patient. That's why I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the "Where roadmap" memes. The devs are already trying to do monthly updates. That's gotta be stressful. :wilson_dorky:

Geometric Placement is super duper moddy so if they are adding it they're probably trying to figure out a way to reshape it into something that fits better.

Agree with Combined Status being base game in its current form, as long as you're only referring to the permanently shown numbers on your health, hunger, and sanity and not any of its other cheating features.

Funny was how i talked about this in a similar named thread.  But got like no response other than mean things said.
I feel there are certainly some things that klei can take inspiration from the workshop and add it in with their own spin.

Global positions is the compass and flares and wes balloons
Cook Book is the crock pot recipie mod
Flingo range was just added in directly.
Quick drop was already in the game but only accessable to controllers. klei then implementing it for all.

On 2/19/2023 at 11:32 PM, Cheggf said:

Geometric Placement is super duper moddy so if they are adding it they're probably trying to figure out a way to reshape it into something that fits better.

Easy. This mod (with extra features being turned off) is already in the game when you place walls. We simply need option to have the same mechanic for every structure/plant

Archived