Have you ever given antlion tribute?

Have you ever given antlion tribute before?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Antlion tribute uhhh have you???

• Yes I have seriously used giving antlion tribute as a legitimate strategy
    • I’ve given antlion some tribute because I was bored but nothing too serious
    • Never given tribute, death to all antlions

As many of you probably already know, antlion is, in fact, a thing which exists. Many of you probably also know that you can give antlion tribute to delay the sinkholes it spawns.

I’ve never seen anyone use the tributes as a legitimate strategy before, so I’m curious to see if poor antlion just is never gifted any tribute or I’ve coincidentally missed every player to ever give antlion a tribute.

And no, giving antlion a thermal stone to start the fight doesn’t count.

Yes, i often play pub and the case are:
It's summer and i have 0 armor + 0 healing + 0 damage. i just give him some tribute while prepare for the fight.
It's summer and multiple people need antlion blueprint, we just fish for sand toy until we have enough for everyone.
We all have blueprint, and we just need more extra desert stone for fast travel (If one at base and you hold desert stone in your inventory, you can ask pp to tele you to base instantly) we just give all tribute we have near ant, then kill ant right after.

I'm really not a fighting person, and it's very easy to get trinkets, especially after going from the ruins with, like, three stacks of wires, so just feeding it twice over the summer is less hassle for me than a battle. The only times I attack it are for the sake of the glass spikes and castles.

usually I play with few players, and they mostly decide the strat. Some of them just kill antlion right when summer starts, sometimes we need blueprints so we give some tribute. Anyway for summer I mostly go cave and I don't care if Antlion is alive or not. Many early games I used to tribute antlion a lot and summer in oasis as second base and I think I never really killed antlion, mostly I was joining fight to steal glass spikes and castles.

Especially when I play with friends, we get the Beach Toy to give to it. Sometimes I also just don't feel like killing or dealing with the earthquakes so I give it a few cheap toys to distract it.

Also I give it a thermal stone every time I want it's blood.

11 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

I still don't know what i'll do with a full chest of desert stones....

If you're playing multiplayer you can drop one on the floor to demonstrate what they look like, then threaten to throw them at people like baseballs. Increases productivity.

Ever since the turf raiser helm came out I've given it a couple souvenirs just to have a few extra desert stones lying around.

Now to have an item that auto tills, plant, water, and harvests crops.

Something to uproot saplings, grass, berries, and stumps too cause gawddamn these things take forever even in late game.

Yeah, back in ~2017 when the culture of the game was different and everyone would have torn me to pieces and hung the pieces out to dry if I ever touched world settings, I played a world from 2017-2020 with antlion attacks turned on, and probably like 9/10 summers I would just go a couple screens over from my base and give her a few trinkets or rocks to keep her pacified. Mind you this was when there was no character switching and before all reworks, which means sad Abigail, no nurse spiders, no big Bernie, no weremoose, boring Wolfgang, no Warly or Wanda or Wurt, etc, so the options were either pacifying her or doing an identical fight every in-game year.

Nowadays I just turn off antlion tribute entirely, but I think the amount of variety the game gives you now would make fighting her way more bearable if you choose a fun character, because fun characters exist now.

I disable Antlion tributes in the settings as well. I appreciate the addition of the turf-raiser helm very much, and I will always fight Antlion once now because of it. But the earthquake mechanic is not for me. Much like wildfires, it's an arbitrary griefing mechanic with very limited counterplay. I could walk over to Antlion every summer, turn on some catapults and give her a thermal stone. But at that point I'd rather just turn it off, because it gets old fast. At least make her drop some rare gems on death so you get some sort of reward for repeat fights.

Archived