Jump to content

would you have prefered wormwood or warbuck


Recommended Posts

the discussion should be wheeler vs warbucks. They could have added wheeler perks to make him interesting while also having a funny racist character with cool battlecry that really fits the dlc. Wheeler doesnt even fit aesthetically (1st time i saw her i though i activated a mod by accident..)

 

edit. this things happens when companies value more money than their art (remember horror mutations) which is a shame but we all know how little klei valorates their dlc or the game that made them be where they are now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

edit. this things happens when companies value more money than their art (remember horror mutations)

I don’t understand what you mean by this sentence, you mean that horror mutations are out of place in the game?

Back to main topic, Wormwood was very team friendly since it was created. As soon as I played him I thought he should be in DST (which eventually happened).

Warbucks was a very boring and uninspired character that only became popular due to being deleted from the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I don’t understand what you mean by this sentence, you mean that horror mutations are out of place in the game?

no, that they stopped doing them for a similar reason that what made them remove warbucks. They had an idea but dropped it because few complains. If you love what you do you dont abandon it because someone doesn't like it

also i think was a dumb move, they could have made wagstaff more controversial so people talked about the game making it more known in the gaming community. Instead, they made a character from 0 and abandoned the dlc filled with bugs and lacking content and gameplay coeherence

22 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Warbucks was a very boring and uninspired

his perks were so bland but the art and concept was great. They released wheleer which was the opposite, bland art and concept but cool gameplay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

no, that they stopped doing them for a similar reason that what made them remove warbucks. They had an idea but dropped it because few complains. If you love what you do you dont abandon it because someone doesn't like it

I mean what else is there to really mutate? pigs? monkeys? also if they didn't remove warbucks we wouldn't have our boy wormwood

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the discussion should be wheeler vs warbucks. They could have added wheeler perks to make him interesting while also having a funny racist character with cool battlecry that really fits the dlc. Wheeler doesnt even fit aesthetically (1st time i saw her i though i activated a mod by accident..)

 

edit. this things happens when companies value more money than their art (remember horror mutations) which is a shame but we all know how little klei valorates their dlc or the game that made them be where they are now

now that i read that i kind of agree to that, i mean i saw warbucks as the wilson of hamlet, much like how i saw walani kind of the wilson of shipwreck, i mean warbucks for together sure could work as like a hunter or something, maybe be it wildlife as well as treasures, having chance to find extra loot from enemys where he helped killing them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

I mean what else is there to really mutate? pigs? monkeys? also if they didn't remove warbucks we wouldn't have our boy wormwood

anything that is under a moonstorm could potentially be affected, that was on klei but they said that they wont follow that route. As you can see, the birds from the moonstorm are mutations lacking details, maybe that details were lost due to the change of direction

i dont think we wont have wormwood, they dont do character after character, pretty sure that wormwood was already being developed like other characters were in developing and were discarted (just see that we needed arround 10 years to see wortox in game)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Warbucks is a myth, he was never in the game at all.. at least not for Xbox version.

Id give Klei huge props if instead of retconning the character totally out of existence, he somehow ends up being the main villain after we rescue Charlie.

he is still in the files so in pc we can play as him with a command :devilish:

 

 

edit. if someone is curious, here is the trailer that showed him Q.Q

https://youtu.be/EPLAv190SNc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Warbucks would have needed a full rework so this question is basically just asking which sprite you like better. 

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Warbucks was a very boring and uninspired character that only became popular due to being deleted from the game.

I like him going dudududu daduuuu when he enters combat. It is really funny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BezKa said:

Idc about Warbucks but this is a very silly and dangerous approach to have.

is more silly that after meetings to decide what is next in their main source of money, releasing a cinematic and developing parts of the gameplay they suddenly change their mind. But who knows, wont be the first time...and just with the excuse of "it doesnt fit dst" oh, and they notice it after that many time? it fits because they developed a way to fit it in the game, the moon. CC doesnt fit either but end up fitting because is a alien element, twins of terror fit even less but they are alien elements, moonkey island doesnt fit but is an alien element. Very bland excuse or very little focused team if they change the future of the game in such volatile ways

Atleast the grotto has cool mutations (even if the mushrooms trees and molebats are nearly useless) but the artistic inconsistency between them, the moonstorm birds, weeber's moon skin and how the firsts moon arc mutations look is notorious and maybe, if they decided to complete it instead of abandoning it in the same box than the gatekeeper arc, warbucks and hamlet the inconsistentcy will bigger or smaller (already is weird to see how varglets dont mutate...)

 

edit. oh, and i forgot what is even sillier. That non fitting mobs only appeared in the moon island until they released the moonstorm which bringed the non fitting horror creatures (the only ones that has mechanics that interact with moon shenanigans) into the main land.

They changing their minds because they suddenly dont like it or they changing their minds because horror mobs that you really need to zoom in cause phobia in somd people dont talk very well about how klei approach their developing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is more silly that after meetings to decide what is next in their main source of money, releasing a cinematic and developing parts of the gameplay they suddenly change their mind. But who knows, wont be the first time...and just with the excuse of "it doesnt fit dst" oh, and they notice it after that many time? it fits because they developed a way to fit it in the game, the moon. CC doesnt fit either but end up fitting because is a alien element, twins of terror fit even less but they are alien elements, moonkey island doesnt fit but is an alien element. Very bland excuse or very little focused team if they change the future of the game in such volatile ways

Atleast the grotto has cool mutations (even if the mushrooms trees and molebats are nearly useless) but the artistic inconsistency between them, the moonstorm birds, weeber's moon skin and how the firsts moon arc mutations look is notorious and maybe, if they decided to complete it instead of abandoning it in the same box than the gatekeeper arc, warbucks and hamlet the inconsistentcy will bigger or smaller (already is weird to see how varglets dont mutate...)

 

edit. oh, and i forgot what is even sillier. That non fitting mobs only appeared in the moon island until they released the moonstorm which bringed the non fitting horror creatures (the only ones that has mechanics that interact with moon shenanigans) into the main land.

They changing their minds because they suddenly dont like it or they changing their minds because horror mobs that you really need to zoom in cause phobia in somd people dont talk very well about how klei approach their developing

what are you talking about

listen if you need to rant about something go for it, but that is not in any way related to what I said, so don't quote me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Primalflower said:

klei will remove a character for being awful in most ways a character can be and people will ask for them back like they're grieving for a recently deceased relative :chunky:

klei will remove a charismatic and funny explorer character with awful mechanic and release a bland a generic explorer character because people complaint for being offensive because they dont understand what offensive means

9 minutes ago, BezKa said:

what are you talking about

listen if you need to rant about something go for it, but that is not in any way related to what I said, so don't quote me.

read it instead of playing the "isnt related" card when the whole wall of text is. If not, next time dont quote people if you dont want to argue about something

4 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

I think it's very odd that the argument in favor of Warbucks is always that Klei shouldn't bend to the will of the playerbase and they're allowed to add whatever content they want... but never that they're ALLOWED to just, dislike content they made? And go back on it? During early access?

is their game and they can do whatever they please with it like we can discuss what we think about their decissions and what those means in the big picture

 

warbucks already published in trailers btw. Isnt simply a palette colour change...

3 minutes ago, . . . said:

Warbucks is not a part of Klei or DS(T) he was too culturally insensitive.

preciselly klei made games with adult and dark reference. Someone at klei did warbucks so how is he not part of klei?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

read it instead of playing the "isnt related" card when the whole wall of text is. If not, next time dont quote people if you dont want to argue about something

I did read it, and it was not related to my point at all. Next time read and try to understand what I'm saying if you want to argue about something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

preciselly klei made games with adult and dark reference. Someone at klei did warbucks so how is he not part of klei?

bro, i'm just gonna give you this advice to not mention or care about warbucks on this forums because it's a waste of your time it will do nothing but waste your time.

with how klei acted during the removal of warbucks it shows how much integrity they have for their own creations, which is not much since they caved in almost instantly at the fear of being cancelled on twitter so just don't waste your time on it my dude

there is good warbucks mods out there if you want you can find it for dst and ds, that's all i gotta say peace man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...