moogle not breaking at 0%

Honestly, i believe that any item that is refuelable shouldn't be deleted if it reaches 0%. It is just needlessly punishing for the players and you can just use a simple client mod that will unequip items for you anyway.

Even rare items like eyebrella that can't be refueled but can be repaired shouldn't be destroyed.

I agree, but also kinda disagree with the forum pal above. In my opinion:

-Clothing items (or items you can sew, for instance) that need to be REPAIRED sould break when reached 0 percent.

-Equipment that needs to be REFUELED should never break. The item doesn't implode or anything, it just needs juice. I hate having to unequip something that is ~6% in case i forget and start cooking or something and it disintegrates on me *AHEM i've lost a million mags throughout the years *AHEM.

Agree with poster above me.

I think it's fair to have clothing items like the Eyebrella and the Tam get erased at 0%, because it rewards a player being observant of their equipment and taking care of it instead of just forgetting about it.

Moggles disappearing at 0% is a gigantic pain in the ass on the otherhand and I would be super happy if it could be refueled at 0%.

14 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

Agree with poster above me.

I think it's fair to have clothing items like the Eyebrella and the Tam get erased at 0%, because it rewards a player being observant of their equipment and taking care of it instead of just forgetting about it.

Moggles disappearing at 0% is a gigantic pain in the ass on the otherhand and I would be super happy if it could be refueled at 0%.

why the second sceneario isnt a reward for players being observant of their equipment?

No, I like the way they are now. There shouldn't be too many items difficult to degrade (like without the use of deconstruction staffs), or you'll just feel like you've got all kinds of junk piling up. Also, it doesn't sound so interesting when crafting becomes something like a permanent buff system, where you hardly have to craft anything a second time.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:35 AM, PuffinBy said:

No, I like the way they are now. There shouldn't be too many items difficult to degrade (like without the use of deconstruction staffs), or you'll just feel like you've got all kinds of junk piling up.

Why not just let us smoosh items with hammers like we already can with rotten fish?

On 11/29/2022 at 10:43 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why the second sceneario isnt a reward for players being observant of their equipment?

Probably because clothing items take many days to finally break, so the player is given leniency on exactly when they choose to repair it, but items that need to be refueled tend to last just a day or a little longer. So if you are distracted by say, a long fight which could demand your attention for minutes at a time, you're punished with the loss of the item which is more annoying than being punished for holding off using a sewing kit on your Eyebrella which you've been using for the past hour and a half.

1 hour ago, Gi-Go said:

Don't care about moggles. Would love this change for magiluminesence. 

I'd actually disagree, I think magilum and forager should break if they reach 0 and should be the two breakable exceptions to a change like this.

I just don't know why do the moggles break and the miner hat doesn't, what's the logic in that.

Anyway, at least a comment from the survivor would be nice when something breaks, exactly like they have one for torches.

Archived